Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Ive hardly logged into this forum in recent weeks and it seems neither has anyone else.... fans are falling out of love so to speak.

Losing games is not even close to the issue at hand when the club has found a way to become nothing more than background noise to the most die hard fan.
Couldn't put it better myself
During our lowest days ( the coolen saga for example) fans were still attatched enough to be angry , these forums were buzzing with ideas and conversation. Fast forward to now and most of us are quite numb to the whole thing and have no real emotion in one direction or the other with nothing more than a passing interest.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:49 am

It sucks, I love my club and I want them to do well. There's just a general malaise around the league..... when you add in what is going on at our club it's a horrid feeling
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 pm

thank god next season there is a new team, new format ajd wsw have a new stadium and the incoming swswswsw sydney team the year after. Hopefully spikes interest again.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 pm

More franchise teams with no roots, no history, no support, no nothing.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:05 pm

you know every team with rich history once started with no fans or history. You have to start somewhere.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 pm

you know every team with rich history once started with no fans or history. You have to start somewhere.

Of course, you are right Zanzibar

But why ignore clubs that already exist, that already have the cultural roots, the fan base, the financial means, the infrastructure, the passion?
If we are excited about two new "out of nothing" teams showing up over the next two seasons imagine how interesting and exciting it would be with two traditional clubs joining the league?

Anyway let's hope AU staggers over the line and we get a least a couple of final games before the dark, cold, off season and then if all is well we will see what the new season brings.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 am

South melbourne are the only club in a position to do it, and even then they fail to pay employees and would run a high risk of poor fan behaviour and engagement with non greeks.

I do believe that canberra will soon be added and can only hope tasmania too.

Looking at the last years of nsl, what do we really have to complain about as far as the league. Yes it needs reinvigorating,but some fans are acting like spoilt brats with expectations of epl level comps already.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 am

South melbourne are the only club in a position to do it, and even then they fail to pay employees and would run a high risk of poor fan behaviour and engagement with non greeks.

I do believe that canberra will soon be added and can only hope tasmania too.

Looking at the last years of nsl, what do we really have to complain about as far as the league. Yes it needs reinvigorating,but some fans are acting like spoilt brats with expectations of epl level comps already.
I agree. The HAL is stale for sure, but at least half the league isn't knocking on the door of administration. People pushing for the NSL glory days have wonderful memories of the 80's with good crowds and decent football, but they don't mention less than 2k people showing up to Hindmarsh in the 2000's back then even Hindmarsh was considered too big!

I think the changes that are being made at the NPL level in NSW and VIC mean there is a good chance in the future an existing club could make the jump to HAL from an administration point of view, but I think we'd all be better served pushing for a 2nd div like the USA system has and see how clubs manage a national league that way.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm

either way our foxtel rating are horrendous. If foxtel pull out will the league collapse
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:17 pm

I don't want the NSL back.

I just hoped for a fair and transparent expansion process of the league.
And a national second division with promotion and relegation sometime in the near future would also be grand.

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”