Preview: Melbourne City v AUFC 09/02/19

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Preview: Melbourne City v AUFC 09/02/19

Postby sub007 Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Huge game and I can't wait. City will be tough but they have only looked good this season when they've played Victory. All of their other wins have come from their opponent playing more shitter imo.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Adelaide united vs the ship of Theseus?

I think Thomassen needs to start. He is on short term loan and arrived match fit. If he doesnt start why did we sign him as he has such a short time to make an impact?

Relegating blackwood to the bench is harsh and unfair but thats football. Though i would imagine blackwood will still get about 30 minutes.
Ooooh, nice Shin! Deep philosophy. Great analogy.
But a team is a community not an object. And MC are no community - except perhaps a dysfunctional one. As for AU, well, let's hope we're closer than they are.
I reckon George will start and Thomassen will get thirty but I hope you're right.
Hehe glad you picked it up :), a community does have an identity though:p

May our victory put an end to Plutarchs paradox! ( dont screw this up aufc hehe)
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm

I actually expect JMac to tear us a new one. They're under the pump as they were last time we played them, we will need to be at our best.
He is the most over-rated striker in the league - he was invisible in the Asian Cup, when his country needed him most. I can't recall which match it was, but there was one in which he found the ball at his feet, he was barely 2 yards out from the goal mouth and he contrived to miss the ball entirely. Good strikers react faster than defenders can think and MacLaren cannot.
Maclaren has shown he is more than capable at this level. Scott Madonald and Tomi Juric are also prime examples.

He will do just fine back here, underrate him at your peril
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 am

Isaias in a "close up" interview.

:mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 am

Almost forgot i get tickets to two away games as part of my membership. First aufc game i will be attending in some time.
I for one am backing warren joyce and his decision to bench fornarollaround. Especially as it helps us. Cant have a show boat player being a cancer to young blokes
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:56 pm

1.Daniel MARGUŠ (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Isaías SÁNCHEZ (c), 11.Craig GOODWIN, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 19.Jordy THOMASSEN, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE, 31.Mirko BOLAND, 32.Carlo ARMIENTO

It'll be interesting to see if we play Jordy and Georgie up front or whether we play a three man midfield and if we do play 3 in midfield, who will start?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Am i the only one who expected thomassen to be omitted due to injury? Lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Guys, we are 2 points ahead of City, playing away and with WSW at home the following week.

Most likely they have Braatten and McGree in the middle?

It's a 3 man midfield of Lia-Isa-Boland every time, no questions.
Kurz goes for a clean sheet with maybe some smash and grab on the counter, Melb City need the win more than us.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Guys, we are 2 points ahead of City, playing away and with WSW at home the following week.

Kurz goes for a clean sheet with maybe some smash and grab on the counter, Melb City need the win more than us.
Thats a fair call!

The defensive structure may be the key to scoring in this match, just need to take our chances if we opt for a defensive approach.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:00 pm

100%

This is a game where its perfectly understandable that Lia plays. People judging Maclaren on his Socceroo form have short memories, and Bratten showed us last time what he could do when given time and space.

Play on the counter, and keep the play out from the back to a minimum. They will give us chances, we just have to be good enough to make the most of them.
otto62

Postby otto62 Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:24 am

With Wellington dropping points, we can open up a 5 point gap on them as well if we can get the win.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 am

Marco Kurz speaks ahead of the weekend's game.

Big smile there.

Jordy is 100% fit ...

(But it's only Friday. :D )

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Adelaide are also coming off 2 games in a row starting with a defensive formation where they fell behind to the two worst teams in the comp.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Melbourne City v AUFC 09/02/19

Postby EdDog Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Adelaide are also coming off 2 games in a row starting with a defensive formation where they fell behind to the two worst teams in the comp.
Against Brisbane we played a 4-4-2 with Ilso and Blackwood up front with a midfield of Goody-Isa-Konst-Kitto.

Most attacking formation we've had in a long stretch.

Probably adjusted given injuries to Halloran and I'm assuming Lia. Strange Lia was left out of the squad altogether.
sub007

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Melbourne City v AUFC 09/02/19

Postby sub007 Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:37 pm

[/quote]
Probably adjusted given injuries to Halloran and I'm assuming Lia. Strange Lia was left out of the squad altogether.
[/quote]

Rested.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”