Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Old Gregg Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:11 pm

You're kidding, that was a foul on the edge of the area every day of the week, particularly after what transpired half an hour earlier. Lucky it wasnt a penalty.

Also, the foul by Ilso was barely a yellow. After another foul yes, but 10 minutes in and slight contact ?? Even McKay shook his hand..... and that little flog usually wants to fight everyone.
I think Goodwin grabbed him first but Hingert certainly dragged him down. Was probably a classic '6 of one half a dozen of another' situation.

Ilso's was a yellow for sure. He kept his foot extended to make contact with the shin but it was not particularly dangerous or reckless. Red card a disgusting decision, especially as it was so early on.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Odonoven copped ten weeks for a high foot catching thomas, young will get 5-6 weeks on that standard. So i suspect he will only get one extra match because it is a lottery when it comes to suspensions. Ilso will probabaly cop 6 weeks.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:03 pm

I actually felt ilso’s studs were showing because he pulled out of the challenge, if you look at the footage he pulls his leg back and given his leg was side on the studs showing was incidental. I would be happy for a yellow.

The sad thing is we have seen far worse tackles go totally unpunished and this gets a red. Im fine if Ilso gets a red for that IF all similar tackles are also reds.

Its the inconsistency and not the interpretation that is turning fans away.

I think many of us enjoyed Henrique when he was at adelaide, but why did he have to celebrate like that against a club where he was a bit of a fan favourite ( in the little time he was here )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Also lol at that red pill dipshit going home at h/t to crack the sads on twitter instead of watching the greatest comeback of all time
Looking at his profile, he seems like one classy human. He can stay away from Hindmarsh.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Reds4Life Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Also lol at that red pill dipshit going home at h/t to crack the sads on twitter instead of watching the greatest comeback of all time
Looking at his profile, he seems like one classy human. He can stay away from Hindmarsh.
A Trump supporting ultra conservative??

Might as well build a wall around him.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Ilso gets 1 week, Young gets 3.

Is 3 weeks for Young harsh? I know it was a hefty collision and that he tried to take out Goodwin but does he really deserve 3 weeks?

Edit: Watched it again and it's entirely deserved. He realises the ball's going over his head so he launched at Goodwin with his arms raised and his elbow made contact with Goodwin's neck and head. Goodwin could have been seriously injured.
Last edited by sub007 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Im not sure we need to rip on the guy based on his politics.

Being a christian conservative and a trump supportor surely does not automatically make him a bad person despite him probably holding views different to my own and probably most other forum users.

Hopefully he returns to hindmarsh with a new found respect for the squad.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 pm

How was Ilso's card not rescinded ??

Referees aren't going to get better if they aren't held to account for their mistakes. Also, fair call made by Shin, but some people do make it difficult.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Referees aren't going to get better if they aren't held to account for their mistakes. Also, fair call made by Shin, but some people do make it difficult.
A red can only be rescinded due to mistaken identity or if there was clearly no foul committed.

Ilso absolutely committed a foul.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Ilso gets 1 week, Young gets 3.

Is 3 weeks for Young harsh? I know it was a hefty collision and that he tried to take out Goodwin but does he really deserve 3 weeks?

Edit: Watched it again and it's entirely deserved. He realises the ball's going over his head so he launched at Goodwin with his arms raised and his elbow made contact with Goodwin's neck and head. Goodwin could have been seriously injured.
If youngs red is deemed to be accidental contact then im happy for just a 1 match suspension.

However if the MRP panel believe contact was intentional then 3 games is super soft as that collision could have been equally as dangerous as roy odonovans incident.

I thinks its a 1 game or a huge suspension , no middle ground on this one
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:59 am

A red can only be rescinded due to mistaken identity or if there was clearly no foul committed.

That again protects the referee from a large mistake he made. Sure it was a foul, but that was, or should have been a game ending error and it was only Brisbane that allowed it to be covered up.

If those are the rules that's ridiculous.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:08 am

Being a christian conservative and a trump supportor surely does not automatically make him a bad person
being a 'Christian conservative' doesn't in itself but this guy is overtly anti-African, anti-Muslim, anti-gay, retweets Blair Cottrell, Fraser Anning, and Voice of Europe. Sorry mate but he's quite clearly a bad person.
hopefully he fucks off from Hindmarsh for ever.

I don't want to be too much of a prick about it but anyone who thrives on hating others like this has no place in our game. Football has been kept alive in this country by migrants and outsiders and our club (and its fans) reflect this.

Sorry to drag the conversation off topic ...

3 weeks for Jamie Young is about right IMO. Impossible to judge his intent but at the very least it was extremely reckless, dangerous play.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:23 am

Being a christian conservative and a trump supportor surely does not automatically make him a bad person
being a 'Christian conservative' doesn't in itself but this guy is overtly anti-African, anti-Muslim, anti-gay, retweets Blair Cottrell, Fraser Anning, and Voice of Europe. Sorry mate but he's quite clearly a bad person.
hopefully he fucks off from Hindmarsh for ever.

I don't want to be too much of a prick about it but anyone who thrives on hating others like this has no place in our game. Football has been kept alive in this country by migrants and outsiders and our club (and its fans) reflect this.

Sorry to drag the conversation off topic ...

3 weeks for Jamie Young is about right IMO. Impossible to judge his intent but at the very least it was extremely reckless, dangerous play.
Sorry mate, but ive also had a look through his tweets and there is nothing that i have seen that is actually derogatory.

Sure there are retweets from fraser anning, blair cottrill and pauline hanson (people who I most cetainly do not agree with ) but the substance of those tweets are not derogatory from what ive seen.

Just to be clear, im not defending the guys politics at all.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 am

That again protects the referee from a large mistake he made. Sure it was a foul, but that was, or should have been a game ending error and it was only Brisbane that allowed it to be covered up.

If those are the rules that's ridiculous.
I actually agree with the rule.

It implies that the referee is the best person to make a decision to adjudicate based on the context and emotion of the game.

I think the rule is sensible but it does also rely on a level of competence from the refs which is something this league struggles with.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”