Preview: Perth Glory v AUFC 23/01/19

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Preview: Perth Glory v AUFC 23/01/19

Postby blahblah Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:30 pm

I am not sure why the scheduling is so crammed (we only have 10 teams after all!), however it appears we are on again this Wednesday away to Perth. The Glory & City played the most insipid game of the season over the weekend however I suspect Perth won't be looking for a repeat performance this Wednesday.

For us we are without Jakobsen and, I am guessing, Blackwood. Is it time to roll the dice and bring out Pacifique? Given we are away to the league leaders with a 10 point buffer over the Jets I vote yes as I'd love to see that goal celebration again.
BenAD
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Re: Preview: Perth Glory v AUFC 23/01/19

Postby BenAD Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 am

I wonder how far Boland is, since he keeps being named. And maybe AP's post means hes almost back, if he can run 30 minutes, that would be great too, help out Ilso, who will be fresh as he didn't play on the weekend.

But if not, yes we need to give some of these young ones a run, the players are going to be run into the ground otherwise, if we keep with the same fit 14 every few days.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

No excuse not to take risks and try take 3 points.

We are 10 points above the team below us , we need points to lock in a top 4 spot.

The reason for the the crammed fixtures would be due to not playing during international breaks i believe.

Imo its a good thing, its forcing clubs to utilise their squad and give bench players more minutes.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 pm

1.Daniel MARGUŠ (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Isaías SÁNCHEZ (c), 10.Ken ILSØ, 11.Craig GOODWIN, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Louis D’ARRIGO, 28.Kristin KONSTANDOPOULOS, 32.Carlo ARMIENTO

Good to see Blackwood has pulled up ok.

Also best wishes to Mirko who has returned to Germany on bereavement leave.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:44 pm

With the squad available, I'd go with:

Izzo
Strain Marrone Elsey Galloway
Lia Isaias
Mileunsic Halloran Goodwin
Blackwood

Margus, Nathan K, Kristin K, Ilso, Kitto
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am

I'm actually feeling quite confident about this one. We looked much the better team for most of the match when they played at Coopers and it was only two late errors that cost us. We've a wiser, more integrated back line now.

It would be nice to be only the second team to beat the Shame on their own deck this season; I just don't see them as being as good as they think they are.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Perth Glory v AUFC 23/01/19

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm actually feeling quite confident about this one. We looked much the better team for most of the match when they played at Coopers and it was only two late errors that cost us. We've a wiser, more integrated back line now.

It would be nice to be only the second team to beat the Shame on their own deck this season; I just don't see them as being as good as they think they are.
I think we'll be playing with Marrone as a makeshift CB. I don't think he'll play badly but I think we'll be weaker at the back without Jakobsen.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”