Preview: Sydney v AUFC 13/01/2019

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

BenAD
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Preview: Sydney v AUFC 13/01/2019

Postby BenAD Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Squads are in, Boland is in the extended squad.
Sunday, 13 January 2019
Sydney FC v Adelaide United
Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah
Kick-Off: 6:00PM (Local) (6:00PM (AEDT))

Referee: Adam Kersey
Assistant Referee 1: Ashley Beecham
Assistant Referee 2: Kearney Robinson
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Craig Zetter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11. Daniel DE SILVA, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 17. Anthony CACERES, 18.Jacob TRATT, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY, 22.Siem DE JONG, 24.Cam DEVLIN, 31.Luke IVANOVIC. **two to be omitted**

Ins: 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY (promoted), 24.Cam DEVLIN (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (foot – 1 weeks), 5.Jop van der LINDEN (hamstring – 2 weeks), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19.Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite), 23. Rhyan GRANT (International Duty)

Adelaide United squad: 1.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Isaías SÁNCHEZ (c), 10.Ken ILSØ, 11.Craig GOODWIN, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Louis D’ARRIGO, 31.Mirko BOLAND **two to be omitted**

Ins: 6.Vince LIA (returns from suspension), 31.Mirko BOLAND (returns from injury)
Outs:N/A
Unavailable: 9.Baba DIAWARA (knee), 18.Lachlan BROOK (knee), 33.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS (quad)
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Re: Preview: Sydney v AUFC 13/01/2019

Postby BenAD Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Adam Kersey has just 23 a-league games, and just 4 this season so far. We last had him for the away game vs Brisbane in Round 2 in 2017/18, which we won 2-1 thanks to two late goals from Kitto and Absalonsen. Before that we had him for two games in 2012. So not much history there.

You imagine Sydney will be pretty keen to atone for their hiding last night. At least we have the same recovery time. We seem to be competitive with Sydney away and as it stands we are even with them in historic wins
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Glad to see Boland finally back in. AU need some international flavour in the centre of the park.....

Happy to give him a couple of weeks to get back up to speed as its pretty important he begins to show something for the club. For all the criticism Ilso cops, at least he's been able to play a decent amount of the games this season.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

AU need some international flavour in the centre of the park.....
:mrgreen:
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

AU need some international flavour in the centre of the park.....
:mrgreen:
:D
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 pm

I was watching a clip about modern day 6s inparticular pirlo, I think it explains kurz tactics quite well.
https://youtu.be/2mCUYQQH2dQ

Isa is our pirlo or deep lying playmaker, we do not play with a 10 at all, ilso imo a striker who drifts back into the midfield.

I think we tend to line up as 4222 that can move into a 4231 or 424 depending on the game.

The weakness is we need teams to attack us which is probably why we struggle against very well set up teams.

It also makes sense why lia and boland are favoured over the more attacking konstandopolous.

Love to hear peoples thoughts,
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 pm

I was watching a clip about modern day 6s inparticular pirlo, I think it explains kurz tactics quite well.

Isa is our pirlo or deep lying playmaker, we do not play with a 10 at all, ilso imo a striker who drifts back into the midfield.

I think we tend to line up as 4222 that can move into a 4231 or 424 depending on the game.

The weakness is we need teams to attack us which is probably why we struggle against very well set up teams.

It also makes sense why lia and boland are favoured over the more attacking konstandopolous.

As far as I'm concerned I couldn't really give a stuff. This year's owners and Griffin's mob before them, seem happy just to run the club on an oily rag. Us supporters concerns about getting injury replacements or an actual striker haven't been heeded and having a middle of the table team is good enough.
We'll lose Kurz after his contract is up. I don't know what the owners will do now, they've made it clear through their inaction that they couldn't care about us.

I've just lost my caring for United. :?
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 pm

As far as I'm concerned I couldn't really give a stuff. This year's owners and Griffin's mob before them, seem happy just to run the club on an oily rag. Us supporters concerns about getting injury replacements or an actual striker haven't been heeded and having a middle of the table team is good enough.
We'll lose Kurz after his contract is up. I don't know what the owners will do now, they've made it clear through their inaction that they couldn't care about us.

blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 pm

Interesting insight, Shin. Given it is similar to the way Viddie had the team set-up (similar, not the same as we relied more upon strong DMs winning turnovers as opposed than a deeper CM starting play) one cannot help but feel that the coach and TD have a similar philosophy abd we are indeed well set up for the counter.

This may explain why we have better results this season away from home when opposition sides are more aggressive.

In short, we should get back into Asia as this approach gets you the all important points away from home.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:58 pm

I think I found your dummy over near Adelaide Oval, along with a couple of your toys.

Skill execution (especially crossing) was poor from all our speedsters. Doesn't mean they're not good enough, just way below par on the night.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”