Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Plus.....in three to twelve years time the young lad blackwood might have enough experience under his belt. Persist. He has only played in professional football for 5 years. Not like you would expect someone in another profession to be actually good at their job in that time frame?
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Blackwood needed 45 mins to have a chance to get his game on. Ilso played a few good minutes in the first half but should have been subbed at halftime for Blackwood. Kitto was ordinary all night. His decision making is primitive. Mile needed to be on for him and we could have brought the best crosser in the team on too - Marrone - but apparently we don't need players with class and guile on the pitch. Yes, we need a striker desperately but that won't be the answer to all our woes. We have no game plan and we're very easy to defend against. If not for Izzo we would have lost this one too. We were all over the Pheonix from about the tenth minute and in all honesty the red card just gave them more of an excuse to sit in a line at the back.

At least three headers that should have scored went straight to the keeper. Keeper did well but they weren't great saves. We missed every chance and we can't create space. That isn't a player issue but a tactical issue.

This is turning into a very bad year to be a regular at the games. The players are trying but I'm not sure what they are trying to do. A point against an in-form Nix sounded reasonable before the game but after watching that I don't see a way forward. Get it to the wings, kick it to the middle has proven ineffective for the umpteenth time now. Is there a plan B?
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Sorry everyone....forgot we have a no criticism rule as it might upset people.

Well done adelaide. Great game, unlucky not to score against a ten man unit at our fortress. Happy with how we are travelling. Everyone put in and did well. As long as everyone had fun. Mcdonalds for all players.

Luckily we seem to lift when playing good opposition, so maybe wednesday we might suprise everyone.
Careful of the snowflakes Zanzibar. Don’t want em to melt.
Last edited by Reds on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Well done adelaide. Great game, unlucky not to score against a ten man unit at our fortress. Happy with how we are travelling. Everyone put in and did well. As long as everyone had fun. Mcdonalds for all players.

Luckily we seem to lift when playing good opposition, so maybe wednesday we might suprise everyone.
Now you're being disingenuous. Of course criticism is allowed. Some criticism in the view of some, is unwarranted and undeserved so those people's opinions are being criticised because they don't agree. It's called freedom of speech.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Now you're being disingenuous. Of course criticism is allowed. Some criticism in the view of some, is unwarranted and undeserved so those people's opinions are being criticised because they don't agree. It's called freedom of speech.
I didn't word this well.

What I'm trying to say is that people can have differing opinions. For example, I think the Blackwood criticism is unwarranted so I am criticising the criticism which I have every right to do. It's freedom of speech. The real snowflakes are the people who are getting offended over people who criticise their opinions and label those who disagree as snowflakes.
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 pm

I feel your criticism of my initial criticism is unwarranted and undeserving so I then criticized your criticism of my criticism. It’s called being bored after watching shit football.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:16 pm

Don't agree so tell the person to go away or leave? That is supression not freedom of speech. But lets not go down the slippery slope.

I think some of us are just sick of the consistent impotence up front and sick of the consistent excuses and acceptance of sub standard performances.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Don't agree so tell the person to go away or leave? That is supression not freedom of speech. But lets not go down the slippery slope.
I didn't say go away or leave. I said people who disagree with a point of view have every right to disagree and if you have a problem with people challenging your opinions, then you're a snowflake.

Freedom of speech allows anyone to say what they want. It also allows anyone to criticise an opinion that they disagree with.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I feel your criticism of my initial criticism is unwarranted and undeserving so I then criticized your criticism of my criticism. It’s called being bored after watching shit football.
And you have every right to feel that way
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I didn't say go away or leave. I said people who disagree with a point of view have every right to disagree and if you have a problem with people challenging your opinions, then you're a snowflake.

Freedom of speech allows anyone to say what they want. It also allows anyone to criticise an opinion that they disagree with.
He dove down that slope!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Was not saying you did specificaly but someone kept saying go away or the usual digs at the personal level and attempts to belittle someone. Neither did i call you a snowflake like you just implied to me.
Anyway, must go watch toivenen slot goals for fun in absolute envy.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:28 pm

No one is saying that at all, just find it hard to reconcile the kid on the pitch the least amount of time cops the most flack.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm

Was not saying you did specificaly but someone kept saying go away or the usual digs at the personal level and attempts to belittle someone. Neither did i call you a snowflake like you just implied to me.
Anyway, must go watch toivenen slot goals for fun in absolute envy.
I didn't call you a snowflake. That was directed at the other guy that used the word.

Also I'd do anything to have a striker like Toivonen. Far too good for the A-League.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Plus.....in three to twelve years time the young lad blackwood might have enough experience under his belt. Persist. He has only played in professional football for 5 years. Not like you would expect someone in another profession to be actually good at their job in that time frame?
Hes 21 !!! And half that time he played for Sydney and didnt get a game due to their squad.
Bruuuuuuuuce

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 pm

I am just as pissed off as the next person the way things are with our striker situation and our rubbish form at home but don't see the point of singling out one individual as I think a number of players deserve criticism for their performances this season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”