Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Re: Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Was not saying you did specificaly but someone kept saying go away or the usual digs at the personal level and attempts to belittle someone. Neither did i call you a snowflake like you just implied to me.
Anyway, must go watch toivenen slot goals for fun in absolute envy.
Snowflake calling was me. Couldn’t believe how triggered some people get on a footy forum. This is a space for uninformed, biased and down right ludicrous views on football, don’t be bringing this ‘please don’t have a strong opinion that might upset people’ view to a forum on football.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm

There is a Blackwood it shit narrative because Blackwood is shit. Has done nothing his entire a league career.
Last season really proves how he is not an a league striker and this year he continues to do nothing.
This year in the 2 games hes been able to play ?? Seriously, go away.
This. 45 mins isn't enough to regain full match sharpness.
My point is he hasn’t ever been sharp. He was blunt last year with all the match time what makes you think that his sharpness will start after some time. Hey maybe when he 35 he might figure this striker thing out
Last year he played in a side who couldnt create a decent chance for half a season. This year he breaks a shoulder and makes his way back from injury.

Should he have scored ?? Yeah probably, but the game should have been dead before he walked on the pitch. But let's heap it all on one kid.
Kid? He a 21 year old professional footballer who can’t football.
Hes a kid, barely played 25 games.

You need a lay down.
You need a reality check. He barely played 25 games because he’s barely a footballer.
That's why hes been selected to play U23 for his country, must be awful.
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:34 pm

There is a Blackwood it shit narrative because Blackwood is shit. Has done nothing his entire a league career.
Last season really proves how he is not an a league striker and this year he continues to do nothing.
My point is he hasn’t ever been sharp. He was blunt last year with all the match time what makes you think that his sharpness will start after some time. Hey maybe when he 35 he might figure this striker thing out
Last year he played in a side who couldnt create a decent chance for half a season. This year he breaks a shoulder and makes his way back from injury.

Should he have scored ?? Yeah probably, but the game should have been dead before he walked on the pitch. But let's heap it all on one kid.

You need a lay down.
You need a reality check. He barely played 25 games because he’s barely a footballer.
Reckon I could catch you without any bait. Just wiggle a line and you’ll bite.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Was not saying you did specificaly but someone kept saying go away or the usual digs at the personal level and attempts to belittle someone. Neither did i call you a snowflake like you just implied to me.
Snowflake calling was me. Couldn’t believe how triggered some people get on a footy forum. This is a space for uninformed, biased and down right ludicrous views on football, don’t be bringing this ‘please don’t have a strong opinion that might upset people’ view to a forum on football.
I literally said you can say what they want. I also said that anyone can criticise an opinion they disagree with. I criticised your opinion and you are getting triggered because people disagree with you while claiming others are triggered. You are the triggered snowflake in this case.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 pm

You need a lay down.
I just call out flog posters being flogs.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:37 pm

52 appearances for 6 goals.....
Needs to prove himself at this level very soon.
I dont mind the debate/arguement. I hate the need to make it an attack against the person. Happens far too often.
And as always i hope next week blackwood scores a hattrick and everyone sticks it to me in good jest like bruce did to me a couple times. Always enjoyed logging in to WATR after a brucey brace....and that is legit.

Unrelated...kind of. But what was the crowd? Didnt look great
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:38 pm

I literally said you can say what they want. I also said that anyone can criticise an opinion they disagree with. I criticised your opinion and you are getting triggered because people disagree with you while claiming others are triggered. You are the triggered snowflake in this case.
Think you missed the point there bud.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:39 pm

I dont mind the debate/arguement. I hate the need to make it an attack against the person. Happens far too often.
And as always i hope next week blackwood scores a hattrick and everyone sticks it to me in good jest like bruce did to me a couple times. Always enjoyed logging in to WATR after a brucey brace....and that is legit.

Fair enough mate. We disagree and that's fine.

Crowd was apparently 8954
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Think you missed the point there bud.
I think you missed the point.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Fair enough mate. We disagree and that's fine.

Crowd was apparently 8954
Didnt feel like it, very very quiet and plenty of empty spaces.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Crowd was 8,900.

So many shots.. but not many looked like they would go in unfortunately.
I also was a little unsure why with 4 wingers on the park, with one as striker and one in midfield (and thats if you don't count Strain who started life as one), why we did so many head high crosses. I know Goodwin scored a header, but hes not exactly known for it :)
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 pm

[quote=Reds post_id=159121 time=1546678912 user_id=1104]

You need a lay down.
I just call out flog posters being flogs.
[/quote]

Think you might need to figure out what flog means then see if it applies to me and my take
On this forum champ.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Pretty poor game from both sides imo. AU were the better team but never looked like scoring. It was slow, played wide and crossed to no one or straight at the gk every time. Ilso continues to disappoint me as does Kitto.
AU have no X factor creativity at all and rely on repeating the same build up and hoping it eventually pays off.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 pm

Crowd was 8,900.

I also was a little unsure why with 4 wingers on the park, with one as striker and one in midfield (and thats if you don't count Strain who started life as one), why we did so many head high crosses. I know Goodwin scored a header, but hes not exactly known for it :)
This is what drives me up the wall the most. I hear a lot about how pragmatic Kurz is but this insistence on a game plan where all we do is pump crosses into the box when we
1) don’t have a striker who is even remotely an aerial threat and
2) barely have a player in the team who could hit the side of a barn with a cross
seems insane to me. It’s not adapting to the strengths of the players we have available, it’s not effective and it’s gotta be super predictable and easy to defend against for the opposition. I don’t know what I’m missing
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Crowd was 8,900.

This is what drives me up the wall the most. I hear a lot about how pragmatic Kurz is but this insistence on a game plan where all we do is pump crosses into the box when we
1) don’t have a striker who is even remotely an aerial threat and
2) barely have a player in the team who could hit the side of a barn with a cross
seems insane to me. It’s not adapting to the strengths of the players we have available, it’s not effective and it’s gotta be super predictable and easy to defend against for the opposition. I don’t know what I’m missing
If I was able to like this post I'd like it and unlike it so I could like it again. We need to find some unpredictability from somewhere. It's not a German trait I know, but we aren't good enough to bash through teams.

Watching the Wanderers game, they have all their best players on the park and they're even worse than us.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”