Racist incident.

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Racist incident.

Postby sub007 Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Roly Bonevacia tweeted that he was racially abused by some AUFC fans tonight. Disgusting if the allegations are true and I hope the abusers recieve lengthy bans.

https://twitter.com/RolyBonevacia/statu ... 5512556544
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Re: Racist incident.

Postby Reds Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Commentators mentioned there was an interaction between roly and a fan. Can’t let ourselves become like the Afl with their crowd issues. Stamp on it hard and send a message.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:57 pm

Stamp out that crap straight away.

Stop Racism!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:06 am

Yeah anything like this needs to be dealt with harshly.
Time to Djbate!
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 am

Roly Bonevacia tweeted that he was racially abused by some AUFC fans tonight. Disgusting if the allegations are true and I hope the abusers recieve lengthy bans.

https://twitter.com/RolyBonevacia/statu ... 5512556544
“Fans” or “Fan”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:16 am

Kick them the hell out of our club.
I hope whoever was sitting nearby let them have it, too.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
leigh

Postby leigh Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 am

Sadly it’s not uncommon to hear in the stands, I try and call it out when I see it but you have to make a choice sometimes about your own safety in the moment. I miss the advertisement of a text line you alert security of an issue.

One of the biggest issues in football is getting better at understanding more about how our language, chants and behaviour isn’t just okay because we have always done it or it’s a “joke”. It makes me sad when I hear the “she fell over” chant or seeing fans signing about Berisha living in a caravan and not understanding the problem with those sentiments. Even on this forum there is language that I think isn’t meant with Ill intent but describing someone “going down like a cheap
Thai hooker” is tied to a very racist stereotype and is something we can be better at as fans.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:01 am

Totally. The Berisha 'gypsy' stuff is disgusting. Haven't heard any other racism in the stands that I can think of though.
Definitely sexist & homophobic stuff however.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Needs to be investigated and we need to ensure any person responsible does not walk in the stadium again it really is unacceptable.

I may get flamed for this but i felt the tweet was also dissapointing.

Dropping the R bomb and laying it over all aufc fans at the game is problematic and solves nothing.

I will totally take that back if i find out there were rascist chants from the north end like what you can expact in particular matches in turkey or israel but im assuming it was just one or two guys.

I just cringe everytime the kangaroo court known as twitter is the Medium used by media to drum up a story based on an apex fallacy. Perhaps there is no structured pathway for players to file complaints.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:11 pm

I may get flamed for this but i felt the tweet was also dissapointing.

Dropping the R bomb and laying it over all aufc fans at the game is problematic and solves nothing.

I will totally take that back if i find out there were rascist chants from the north end like what you can expact in particular matches in turkey or israel but im assuming it was just one or two guys.

I agree, Branding the entire club's fan base as being racist is wrong and unfair. Call out the individual/s , not all AUFC fans.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Sadly it’s not uncommon to hear in the stands, I try and call it out when I see it but you have to make a choice sometimes about your own safety in the moment. I miss the advertisement of a text line you alert security of an issue.

One of the biggest issues in football is getting better at understanding more about how our language, chants and behaviour isn’t just okay because we have always done it or it’s a “joke”. It makes me sad when I hear the “she fell over” chant or seeing fans signing about Berisha living in a caravan and not understanding the problem with those sentiments. Even on this forum there is language that I think isn’t meant with Ill intent but describing someone “going down like a cheap
Thai hooker” is tied to a very racist stereotype and is something we can be better at as fans.
Yes totally agree , although i really have not heard much racism at games apart from towards Berisha.

The “kevin muscats a pedo “chant really crosses a line for me, im not sure if its still sung but it was always in poor taste.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Roly is absolutely right to call out racism publicly. Even if it's just one dickhead it reflects on all of us, and it's better to bring it to light so we can take a stand against it.

Berisha's a gypsy, Muscat's a pedo, referee's a homo, 'she fell over', 'beer tits & football' ... leave all that shit in the bad old days.

sorry I'll get off my soapbox now :soapbox:
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Roly is absolutely right to call out racism publicly. Even if it's just one dickhead it reflects on all of us, and it's better to bring it to light so we can take a stand against it.

Berisha's a gypsy, Muscat's a pedo, referee's a homo, 'she fell over', 'beer tits & football' ... leave all that shit in the bad old days.

sorry I'll get off my soapbox now :soapbox:
Totally support him speaking out against racism
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:11 pm

So rascist adelaide fans is now a solitary individual who made the slur in dutch.

This guy still needs to be found and given a life ban.

Cant say i support rolys tweet painting all aufc fans as racist and didnt even mention the slur was spoken it dutch which would indicate why fans did not self police.

Dissapointing story on all accounts.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 pm

So rascist adelaide fans is now a solitary individual who made the slur in dutch.

This guy still needs to be found and given a life ban.

Cant say i support rolys tweet painting all aufc fans as racist and didnt even mention the slur was spoken it dutch which would indicate why fans did not self police.

Dissapointing story on all accounts.
Yeah I guess hearing something like that in Dutch narrows down who could have said it I feel. But I think its fair to be a little less sensitive to the exact wording of Roly's tweet considering he's the victim in all this. Obviously he's just come off the pitch with that incident and the game fresh in his mind. He may have been dealing with racism abuse for large parts of his life.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”