Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Babel just said he is disappointed they didn’t win because ADELAIDE aren’t good.

Says a lot about where we are at right now when the wsw coach thinks we’re shit
He also said his own side aren't very good.

I like him.
otto62

Postby otto62 Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:25 pm

I think Elrich only got booed because the crowd were still upset over the Elsey send off.

First yellow should have been a warning at worst (in my opinion not a foul at all). Second yellow was definitely a foul, and because of the earlier incident a reasonable yellow card.

Riera can certainly climb for headers, so why is it that he manages to jump into another players elbow in a late mistimed jump ... twice? Just saying.

Another game where we deserved more than we got, hit the post, gave away a penalty and had a player sent off.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Babel just said he is disappointed they didn’t win because ADELAIDE aren’t good.

I like him.
My point exactly. He knows his side is shite but disappointed his shite side didn’t beat our shite side.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:00 am

Nice little touch to see one of the HSC lads temporarily take over capo duties.

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:12 am

I like him.
He is not wrong.
Our early season and FFA Cup form has gone out the window.
Elsey has had a shocking few weeks.

Good to see Mileu get some goals. Need our front 3 firing.
We are UNITED, after all....
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:23 am

At the moment we are a team of individuals. We rely on the experience of players like Isa, Goodwin, Lia, Jakobsen to make good individual decisions ... it's a far cry from the Gombau/Amor years.

A few things we did well, like the bending runs from Halloran & Mileusnic to get onto through balls. And I like the Isaias / Lia / Konstandopoulos midfield (even though it's still missing a true #10).

At least the boys were fired up and had the right mentality after the last lacklustre performance.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Yeah well........

The Elsey card/s was either: 1. Soft as, and a blatant reminder that refereeing standards in the A-League are sadly lacking. That the linesman and the ref could have seen it, had time to consult and still given the second card for a challenge where Elsey won the ball and lightly clipped his opponent is mind-boggling. 2. A useful reminder to Elsey that whatever he thinks about the way he jumps it might be worth reconsidering - especially against an experienced, cynical and clever opponent. Naivety is not a good excuse at elite level. 3. The correct interpretation of the rules whether we like it or not.

Take your pick. He was still sent off.

The worst of all that was that the team were momentarily on fire and the crowd was totally with them for the first time in a long time. Killed the momentum and turned the crowds excitement into bitterness.

Agree with OG that this team isn't looking anything like the well organised teams of the past years. Marco is totally a pragmatist. Sadly, the run down the wings and cross it into the tall centre-forward so he can lay it off or head it in doesn't seem to be working without a centre-forward. Go figure.

But whatever. It was one of the best nights at Hindmarsh I can remember for a while. Beautiful evening for the fans (maybe not the players) with a controversial, high-tempo match with two decent goals from us - that should have won us the game. The second goal in particular, with Isa's stunning touch and pass was worth the admittance. The Elsey send-off cost us their second goal as well as the dominance we had established. Still, we played bloody well after that too. We had a great time screaming for the team and at the ref and contemplating murdering the WSW players who seemed to have taken up Rugby League.

The issue for the team is that we're no longer valuing creative play, we're getting looser at the back and it looks a lot like the team are not as close as they have been. Signs that there is a level of discontent I'd surmise. Practical football is fine if it gets results. If not it's soul destroying. For players and fans. Add the continuing problem of not having that focal point up front and...well, we've been here a thousand times before.

While our club used to take fringe players and turn them into overseas starters (Mabil, Jeggo, Goodwin, etc, ect...) we're currently not improving our own players. That's the difference between the Gumby years and now. When you have no cash and no power you need a coach who can make what you have perform better. I like Marco and I'm grateful but if a better option came along I'd be open to change.

What I'll remember about last night is the way the crowd showed that it really, really cared. Only 8000 of us but the passion was there. Still the best football ground in the country. Still a great night out.
otto62

Postby otto62 Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Imagine if we had ... not even Bobo ... maybe Riera? Huge difference.
Imagine if we had ... not even Ninkovic ... maybe Baumjohann? Huge difference.
Instead ... no offence intended ... we have Halloran and Konsta .... or maybe Ilso, if it's not too hot and he could actually force his way into the side.
otto62

Postby otto62 Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:47 pm

I just read my last post. It sounds too bitter. I'm actually a really positive person and I'm still enjoying every game.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah I read your post in a positive way ... as in, we actually play well enough to get really good results, IF we had a tiny bit more player quality in key positions. We have a guy like Riera up front rather than forcing a winger to play as a CF - we win that game.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”