Preview: AUFC v Western Sydney 26/12/2018

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Preview: AUFC v Western Sydney 26/12/2018

Postby sub007 Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Must win game against a team we should beat, hopefully the boys deliver especially with City and the Nix picking up points.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Now i dont think blackwood is going to answer our need for a goal scorer but surely he is due back off the bench atleast for this game
He played 60 mins in a friendly with the youth team last week, so he should be back. I don't think he'll be prolific but I can see him scoring 5 goals this season.
At this stage just having a target who can hold the ball will be valuable so we are not forced to play long balls down the wing all the time.

I think we can push the best with a target upfront, with a goal scoring target we cab win trophies.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Would like to see.

Izzo
Marrone Regan Jakobsen Galloway
Isaias Lia
Halloran Nathan K Goodwin
Ilso

Margus, Elsey, Strain, Kitto, Blackwood.

Bring Georgie on as soon as possible
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Now i dont think blackwood is going to answer our need for a goal scorer but surely he is due back off the bench atleast for this game
He played 60 mins in a friendly with the youth team last week, so he should be back. I don't think he'll be prolific but I can see him scoring 5 goals this season.
At this stage just having a target who can hold the ball will be valuable so we are not forced to play long balls down the wing all the time.

I think we can push the best with a target upfront, with a goal scoring target we cab win trophies.
Agree
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:12 am

I agree too. I find it so odd the Kurz went with Ilso as a number 10 against City after he already scored in the striker role against Nix and was unlucky not to score against Brisbane but was a big part of Halloran's goals. I think its pretty clear Halloran up front isn't AU's best option if a Baba, Blackwood, Ilso or AP are available.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”