AUFC marketing 2018

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

supsup
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

AUFC marketing 2018

Postby supsup Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm

After receiving a newsletter from AUFC with nothing more than a Flight Centre advertisment, I have unsubscribed.

The marketing strategy has been abysmal this year. Partnership after partnership with brands and offers that are served cold. They might be making some extra money from it this year, but the long-term damage will be real.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: AUFC marketing 2018

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks for letting us know.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Fantastic thread.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Ill be sure to cancel my plans to attend games due to the outrage
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm

When you sign up, isn't there multiple boxes where you can choose how much stuff the club sends you?
If I remember correctly, I thought about which boxes to choose and decided not to get "offers from partner businesses" (or whatever that question asked).
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm

I didn’t expect any less of a response.

So I guess none of you mods, no less than half of the respondents to this “fantastic thread” (the irony of that statement is that I and otto are the only contributors to its quality so far), with incredible insights into the running of the club, have not noticed the sheer amount of crappy partnership content being pedalled through AUFC channels, even more so than any other year?

I hope you all have lovely holidays with your $150 vouchers then, I guess.
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Apart from the football on the park, which at times has been mildly enjoyable, for what other reason are only 8000 attending home games?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Your attributing poor attendances with spamy emails from the club?

My guess is many fans are tired of the forever drama that is AUFC that the previous ownership is probably responsible for.

I think it will take people a while warm up as we have seen so many “new dawns”

Its also possible many are at flight centre during games cashing in their discounts
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:05 pm

I think you fail to comprehend that I’m suggesting that a spammy email is an example of a poor wider marketing strategy.

How you fail to reconcile marketing with attendances bewilders me, frankly and humbly.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm

You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

I took a stab at why crowd figures may be low.

Nevermind
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 am

Club sends emails regarding sponsor deals = end of the world.

If you follow the club on Instagram, twitter or facebook you get enough news. Also, they do send a number of "news" emails.

Storm in a teacup.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 am

You can opt out of those kind of offers and if that isn't working, then you should contact the club to let them know.

Im totally fine with it, the club needs to make money and it takes no effort to skim the title and delete it if Im not interested.

You literally have these options to tick and you can do it online:
  • Community: Fan engagement, community initiatives, clinics and football schools
  • Membership: important membership information including exclusive member offers and passwords for Finals Series, Exhibition matches and Member Renewals
  • Newsletter: Latest club news, team lists, match day info, videos and galleries
  • Partners: special offers and announcements from our official partners
  • Shop: special offers on Reds official merchandise
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am

You must be part of the #SokkahTwitter community.
What to be outraged about, when there is nothing else to be outraged about.
We are UNITED, after all....
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Apart from the football on the park, which at times has been mildly enjoyable, for what other reason are only 8000 attending home games?
Average attendance for the season 8500 so down by about a 1000 from last season. IMO if we look at the history of AU marketing has never been a strong suit of the club, I have personally questioned at times if AU forgot their FB password news was so hard to come by at stages. So I think the quality of marketing wouldn't have a massive baring on whether people are attending or not.
I personally put the lack of attendances down to how stale the HAL has gotten. At times I find being a football fan in this country quite taxing as we're constantly reading news of mis-management and a lack of connection from the top to the bottom. Rarely do we all get exciting news to revel around. Even the lead up to the World Cup was dampened by the weird situation of Ange wanting out and the side needing to re-build (off topic, do we actually know truly why?). Today case and point, FFA delays the announcement of the expansion clubs. These people have sucked the life out of the game. So I believe there is just a good number of people that are sick of that and have switched off. There was several times during Amor's last season that the incompetence of the club made me almost do the same, TBH since those days I haven't been as engaged with the club as I used to be. But that did coincide with me having a daughter to free time for football is a lot harder to come by.
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am

I put my lack of attendance down to not knowing who owns the club, why they own the club and what the clubs purpose is.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”