AUFC marketing 2018

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: AUFC marketing 2018

Postby Interloper Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:07 am

You must be part of the #SokkahTwitter community.
What to be outraged about, when there is nothing else to be outraged about.
I mean, it's not like Bernie Ibini has signed with Emirates Club in the UAE from Vancouver Whitecaps.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:46 pm

I put my lack of attendance down to not knowing who owns the club, why they own the club and what the clubs purpose is.
You may be right.

But do you think the average member has much issue with this as long as the club is run correctly?

I feel like having Piet as the face of the ownership is probably enough to give accountability.

In my mind the brand AUFC just needs to win back trust from years of under management and the aleague in general ( as stuckey pointed out )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 pm

I put my lack of attendance down to not knowing who owns the club, why they own the club and what the clubs purpose is.
You may be right.

But do you think the average member has much issue with this as long as the club is run correctly?

I feel like having Piet as the face of the ownership is probably enough to give accountability.

In my mind the brand AUFC just needs to win back trust from years of under management and the aleague in general ( as stuckey pointed out )
Whoooosh!!

I put my non attendance down to the spam emails (I didn't subscribe to them, but I'm outraged I tell you), the fact that our away strip is predominantly white instead of black (although I don't go to away games), and because we now have goal music.

Shame on you Adelaide United!

(Actually I attend every home game I can, with an 8 game season ticket.)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 pm

You may be right.

Whoooosh!!

I put my non attendance down to the spam emails (I didn't subscribe to them, but I'm outraged I tell you), the fact that our away strip is predominantly white instead of black (although I don't go to away games), and because we now have goal music.

Shame on you Adelaide United!

(Actually I attend every home game I can, with an 8 game season ticket.)
Geez you've got tolerance! I didn't attend a game for two years after I once went to the bar and asked for a pale and the staff member poured me a clear instead. Its an outrage I tells you!
I went to a game last season and the uber driver took the long way to get to the ground and it cost me an extra 80c. Never again I said!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:02 am

After years of Mr fruchoc snubbing me at half time in favour of screaming children i felt i had no choice but to cut up my membership.

Oh and the onions at bunnings, dont get me started.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 am

I havent been to a game since I was forced to sit on a white seat instead of a red one. I told the club they should have painted the white seats in a different shade of red, they laughed at me.

I told them they would regret that laugh and they'll miss my 8 game membership fees

They laughed again
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:35 pm

On a serious note, it's true that AUFC has never been good at marketing. But this is not why people aren't attending games like the glory days up to 2011.

AUFC's limited marketing isn't helped by the eastern coast bias, though. They have got and get plenty of free publicity in the form of ADP, Ono, Heskey, the derbies; and now Honda for MV. AUFC has not been able to match that level of publicity and marketing on a more restrictive budget, and even Griffin's call for marketing funding from the FFA (to even the playing field after they contributed 10% of ADP's salary) fell on deaf ears. Marketing in this league is not equal, nor fair.

That said, here's how AUFC has marketed in recent years, beyond marketing to its current audience on social media (which is less 'marketing' and more a provision of information, something the club was fatally poor at until 2013):
- Partnerships with Channel 7, Triple M and 5AA: TV commercials (something the eastern states don't typically have beyond Fox, I'll add), radio interviews and related promotions.
- Tram hoardings, including some that were relevant to games being played early in the 2017-18 season.
- Initiatives with club sponsors and community partners, such as IGA, the MAC, Foodbank and more.

Greg Griffin and co. burnt bridges with many, many fans. This is one reason why AUFC crowds are relatively down. However, this is not just an AUFC issue. The issue is league-wide. It is stale, sterilised and has been killed by the FFA and its incredibly incompetent management. Delayed decisions on expansion, for example, would have been a mere whimper years ago. Now, this kind of decision causes considerable uproar, and rightfully so.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”