Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Dunno why I bother watching this fucking derby sometimes. We haven't had an actual striker for like ten years, all our imports are injured or shit (see Ilso and Boland for injured, see Diawara for injured and shit) and even on our best day Victory can outpass, outmuscle and outmind-game us.
We outplayed them.
No. We strangled them. We need to score to win and we failed to do thay. They had us easily in that second half.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 pm

lots if praise for mv on fox.

We had equal chances and potentially controlled much of the game ( debatable )

I actually feel like we put a claim in for the premiership today as mv are the clear form club abd we absolutely matched then missing 2 starting mids and our first 2.5 strikers .

Well done kurz well done boys , means nothing though if we dont wins the following games
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Dunno why I bother watching this fucking derby sometimes. We haven't had an actual striker for like ten years, all our imports are injured or shit (see Ilso and Boland for injured, see Diawara for injured and shit) and even on our best day Victory can outpass, outmuscle and outmind-game us.
We outplayed them.
No. We strangled them. We need to score to win and we failed to do thay. They had us easily in that second half.
Not sure about that, we played large parts with 4 upfront. We didnt park the bus and had as many chances as mv.

Totally agree their quality won the match thoughg
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:40 pm

We played alright. Just missing the players that matter in attack, as usual.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

If I see or hear anyone react to that loss by saying that we need to bring back Djite, I'll personally come to their house, sit them down on their couch and make them watch the 21 consecutive games that Bruce Djite played without scoring a goal in one sitting.
we da best
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 pm

One of the best games I've seen us play in a while. Especially considering who we had available. Thought Marrone was incredible. Strain showed yet again that he is a VERY good player. If we had two attacking imports costing millions who both played in the last World Cup we may well have edged that game. There is no level playing field in football, here or anywhere else. Until we can jag a good striker who can adapt and stay fit we're always going to finish below the top two. What we saw again tonight was that Kurz is a bloody good find. He set us out well, trusted the youngsters again and we also played some really nice passing football. A good game to watch and if it wasn't the f**king Victory I'd have even enjoyed it.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Themes for the season so far:

A) Kurz's strategies seem to tend towards maintaining the current state of the game regardless of opposition quality
B ) Also they are useless after ~65 minutes
C) Elsey's brain fades
D) Halloran doesn't know how to run like a human and has an uncanny knack of giving up on balls that he has no business being able to give up on.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:17 pm

I don’t really ever expect us to be able to bring in players at the Honda/Toivonen level, but boy would I love a player like Antonis. He is fantastic
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 pm

If I see or hear anyone react to that loss by saying that we need to bring back Djite, I'll personally come to their house, sit them down on their couch and make them watch the 21 consecutive games that Bruce Djite played without scoring a goal in one sitting.

:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:04 am

Seen the game now, thought we weren't too shabby at all. Marrone and Strain had a decent day out which was heartening.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 am

Just finished watching the game, happy with the way we played against a strong opposition. You can tell that we are just 1 or 2 quality players away from being a complete team.

We got lucky with their CB injuring himself but as said above just didn't score the goals.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 am

Watched Kurz’s post match presser. He isn’t happy the club haven’t backed him with a striker. That’s the third time this year he has brought up the lack of striker whilst at the club and now the media are speaking about it.

This is becoming a real issue with fans and coach, time for the club to step up and make a move and show their intention. Otherwise the crowds of 8k at Hindmarsh will be a regular attendance.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:09 am

Im pretty sure I could dig up one of my posts from post-MV games over the years and more often than not it would be lamenting that we matched them, were unlucky etc., but it laways cmes back to AU not having a quality finisher like MV have every single season.
We outplayed MV 1sthalf and did pretty well for the 2nd, but with a 19y.o. in AP vs Taivonen at the other end, predictably they took their chances, we did'nt and we all are singing from the same song sheet yet again.
TBH its become predictable, it no doubt is stopping people from attneding games as they are sick of it, it appears to be pissing Kurz off. So Iam eagerly waiting to hear Baba is gone and being replaced with a decent, experienced goal scorer ala Bobo or Berisha level.
Hopefully I'm waiting weeks as opposed to years, its really all that is missing from AU being a serious challenger this season.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 am

The intent was there, just not the finishing. Again.

We played really well. Exceptionally, considering we have a host of players out.

In the end, they took their few chances and made us pay, whilst we took none of our many chances.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 am

I think I need to re-watch the game. So many people saying AU didn't take their chances. Besides one chance for AP around 52mins I don't recall AU having many more chances to take decent shots.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”