Preview: Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United 8/12/18

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Preview: Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United 7/12/18

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Goodwin could be dropped to LB with Galloway replacing Regan.
I wonder if a back three could be put in play?

.....................Izzo
....Marrone..Elsey..Galloway
..............Lia.............Isaias
................Konstand
Kitto..........Halloran.........Goody
.......................Ilso

Although it sounds like Jakobsen will come back in. Jared Clark is another option. Featured heavily with AU's NPL side and has started all the NYL games.

However we line up I think we are going to need two defensive mids to counteract Honda and Troisi. I haven't seen much of MV this season but I would assume they have been operating as attacking mids.

So that would probably mean going back to the old 4-2-3-1 and a 3rd different formation in 3 successive games as we didn't play with 2 numbers 6's either in NZ or against the Roar.

.........................Izzo
Marrone...Elsey...Jakobsen...Galloway
..............Lia...........Isaias
Kitto...........Halloran..........Goodwin
....................Ilso
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Preview: Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United 8/12/18

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I think we gotta park the bus.
This is the team I think will get at least a draw.

Izzo
Strain Marrone Elsey Jakobsen Galloway
Halloran Lia Isaias Goodwin
Ilso

This XI can give us plenty of options such as:

Izzo
Marrone Elsey Jakobsen Galloway
Halloran Strain Isaias LIa Goodwin
Ilso

or this

Izzo
Strain Marrone Elsey Jakobsen Galloway
Lia Isaias
Halloran Ilso Goodwin
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:17 pm

The Tards are getting nervous and are expecting a physical battle if the following comments on one of their forums are anything to go by....

"Adelaide are actually good though. They'll be without Regan after his red card vs Brisbane, but Jakobsen is back to fitness. So their team is as close to full strength as it's going to be without a recognised striker. In saying that, Halloran, Ilso and Goodwin have all been threatening in front of goal."

"They'll definitely put up more of a fight than CCM or WSW did. "

"2-1 win. but only just. this will be a big test, we were flying against eleven training cones on saturday but see how we go getting kicked and run at by the inbreds. "
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm

I actually have a feeling that we'll be resilient for 90 minutes and then go down 1-0 deep in stoppage time due to a clusterf*ck of a goal, like we saw in the Merseyside derby. It wouldn't be an Original Derby at Docklands if it didn't leave us dead on the inside.
we da best
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 pm

The Tards are getting nervous and are expecting a physical battle if the following comments on one of their forums are anything to go by....

"Adelaide are actually good though. They'll be without Regan after his red card vs Brisbane, but Jakobsen is back to fitness. So their team is as close to full strength as it's going to be without a recognised striker. In saying that, Halloran, Ilso and Goodwin have all been threatening in front of goal."

"2-1 win. but only just. this will be a big test, we were flying against eleven training cones on saturday but see how we go getting kicked and run at by the inbreds. "
I read their forum as well and some of them were expecting us to get belted.

I also love how they think that we're a dirty team and that Kurz is a "spastic" whilst being completely oblivious to the fact that they kick the shit out of us every time we play them and have Musc**t as coach
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Come On United!!!

We are going to bring home three big away points.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 pm

no chance of a win or draw.....shaun evans is the ref. We will get outplayed by mvfc on the pitch and shaun evans will do his usual thing against us and ensure we dont come close anyway.
Listen to how he blows his whistle, its short when they foul us but if we foul it will be a long blast as if he is personally insulted. He hates us.
I am truly just hopeful we don't cop a red card or 6 goals.
No striker and a shaky defence against speedy attackers and an unsure izzo with his feet..... It will be ugly to watch honda, tolvienen and antonis do their thing.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Lol, Kurz is a "spastic"? How classy.

The worst thing you can accuse Kurz of is being assertive and aggressive whilst arguing with the fourth official. Last time I checked, Marco doesn't has an entire subsection on his Wikipedia page dedicated to his reputation and controversies.
we da best
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:59 am

Marco Kurz speaks.

we are hungry to show how good we are...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am

no chance of a win or draw.....shaun evans is the ref. We will get outplayed by mvfc on the pitch and shaun evans will do his usual thing against us and ensure we dont come close anyway.
Listen to how he blows his whistle, its short when they foul us but if we foul it will be a long blast as if he is personally insulted. He hates us.
No striker and a shaky defence against speedy attackers and an unsure izzo with his feet..... It will be ugly to watch honda, tolvienen and antonis do their thing.
I agree on Evans, however he hasn't exactly been kind to them either in the past. All depends on who he decides to hate less.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

I read their forum as well and some of them were expecting us to get belted.

I also love how they think that we're a dirty team and that Kurz is a "spastic" whilst being completely oblivious to the fact that they kick the shit out of us every time we play them and have Musc**t as coach

Yeah, I saw those “we’re gonna win 6-0!!!” posts too. But they seemed to be coming from the more intellectually challenged members of their forum.

The contributions from the posters who seemed to have half a brain were more on the apprehensive side.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Blimey Zanzi !! You’ve got me reaching for the anti-depressants !

Surely you give us half a chance just based on the coach’s uncanny ability to set up the team to counter the opposition on the day ?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 pm

I dont know where all the negativity on our defence comes from, we actually have the second tightest defence in the league trailing sydney by a solitary goal.

Infact even our attack is up there with the best in the league. I think as aufc fans we have learnt to be a tad down on our performances
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United 8/12/18

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:45 pm

I dont know where all the negativity on our defence comes from, we actually have the second tightest defence in the league trailing sydney by a solitary goal.

Infact even our attack is up there with the best in the league. I think as aufc fans we have learnt to be a tad down on our performances
Agree. Our defence is pretty solid. Sure Izzo's distribution is occasionally off and Elsey has the odd brain fade but as far as the HAL goes I think we are doing pretty well.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:35 pm

We run into trouble when we park the bus or decide to stop attacking. We need to play our game, which involves primarily clogging up the centre of the pitch, opening up the wings and putting lots of crosses in. I'd go with basically the XI that Martin had, with a lot of positional 'musical chairs' from the front 4.

------------------------Izzo--------------------
Marrone-----Elsey-----Jakobsen----Galloway
-------------------Isaias---Lia---------------------
Kitto------------------Halloran-------Goodwin
--------------------------Ilso-------------------------

Strain / Mileusnic / Konsta / Stama / Richards
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”