Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

supsup
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby supsup Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Elsey started so well but has lost his way a bit. He does seem more comfortable next to Jakobsen – I think he's a confidence player
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Elsey started so well but has lost his way a bit. He does seem more comfortable next to Jakobsen – I think he's a confidence player
If you can play well as a peripheral player returning from a long injury lay off, while the family of the former owners bag you out on SM, I think you're more than a confidence player.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Time to Djbate!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Reegs stuffed up there, mauk clearly went in tonight to be a prick and it worked. But I don’t expect anymore than 3 week suspension considering mvfc coaches ran on a pitch and whacked a sfc player and only copped 3 weeks for assault on a player.
Reds

Postby Reds Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:09 pm

Also Jaimie young is the best shot stopper in the league. Kept Brisbane alive tonight.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Reegs stuffed up there, mauk clearly went in tonight to be a prick and it worked. But I don’t expect anymore than 3 week suspension considering mvfc coaches ran on a pitch and whacked a sfc player and only copped 3 weeks for assault on a player.
That's presuming all suspensions are equal. The FFA rarely do that.
Just depends on whether the yellow was for the trip or the gouge. But he deserves a decent stint on the sideline.
Time to Djbate!
Reds

Postby Reds Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah this will be the time they actually come down hard and whack him. Like odonnovan’s suspension.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:12 pm

If you can play well as a peripheral player returning from a long injury lay off, while the family of the former owners bag you out on SM, I think you're more than a confidence player.
Wait what?? When did this happen?
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Entertaining game, glad to get a home win. I actually thought we played very well and should of put a few more away. I was worried when I saw Mileusnic about to come on, because I thought Kitto was close to best on ground and goodwin is class. And we definitely werent the same after that. Not all down to the sub, but it definitely didnt help.

Lost a lot of respect for Regan after tonight, silly enough after being on a yellow and giving a foul, to then front up to a player running at you, then the gouge.... I expect him to get into a bit of trouble, not just with the disciplinary committee, but with the team itself. Not on at all.

Glad to see Mauk seems to be ok, but I could almost tell his red was coming, was trying way too hard to prove a point, and I am just grateful Goodwin wasnt hurt in his lunge. Not sure it was a straight red, but a second yellow for sure. But I guess I'll need to see it a few more times.

And whilst I believe Elsey is sincere in his comments, not a very smart thing to do, even if Mauk was fine, it was always going to be a yellow for grabbing a player off the ground. We need to keep our heads and let the other teams do the stupid things to get reds.

Hopefully Jakobsen is all back next week, its going to be a big match!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:14 am

Totally agree reegs let his teamates and fans down but lets curb the moral outrage for a moment.

Some very personal words were clearly said that cut close to the bone and while that does not excuse the behaviour its worth noting reegan has a long history in the league and is known as a hard but fair and relatively popular player. He is not known as a dirty player so im willing to chalk it up as a moment of madness and emotion.

Mauk had a big grin on his face when reegs was sent off, he knew what he was diung. Mauk is becoming very well known as a guy who causes trouble.

Aloisi on the other hand.... ive tried to like the guy being an adelaide boy and all. But the way he carried on at kurz about how the players reacted to mauk after that tackle. How were they to know mauk was unconscious and the moment they knew they were all calling for the medicios. I think the players were totally justified taking offense at a dangerous tackle to our best player as would brisbane if roles were reversed.

Both kurz and aloisi play the game hard, i respect that but aloisi is a victim every damn week ( just ask him! ) where as kurz was trying to defuse that situation and show some class.

But hey lets talk more about halloran and kitto, they both deserve praise. We are becoming quite dynamic upfront with many options in the midfield and wings just need a target man to settle in and were can be super dangerous with the amount of variation this squad has.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:07 am

Looks like I missed quite a game!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 am

When Stef was playing for us and getting stuck in to MC we didnt mind. The biggest concern for him is:
1. He missed two sitters to equalise the game
2. He's coming off the bench. In this AU lineup, under Kurz, he'd be pushing a Socceroos spot or move to Bundesliga2.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:17 am

When Stef was playing for us and getting stuck in to MC we didnt mind. The biggest concern for him is:
2. He's coming off the bench. In this AU lineup, under Kurz, he'd be pushing a Socceroos spot or move to Bundesliga2.
Of course we didnt mind, however hes burnt his bridges here and deserves what he got.

On the game, I actually thought this was Ilso's best performance. Ran to the right spots, distributed well and was very unlucky not to have a goal or 2.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 am

Yes we all assumed he left city with bad blood.

Then he returned to city after the stoush with them and their fans and caused the same issues here and also doing the same to fans.

Scott jamison is a great example of someone who enjoys playing his old clubs but doesnt cross a line and respects his past.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 am

Ilso was much improved. Played well and was unlucky to hit the upright.

Jamieson truly is a good example of a guy who plays with fire but respect. I’ve lost any admiration I had for Mauk.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”