Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm

IMO that's the best Isaias has played so far this season. Back to his best.
Reds4Life

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby Reds4Life Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm

What a glorious shitshow. Where to begin?

1. Taylor Regan is one of my favourite players and a fan favourite, but he fucked up real bad tonight. Eye gouging is an absolute dog act that I never want to see, let alone from my club's players. I have a feeling that one of the longest bans in A-League history awaits him on Monday.

2. Jordan Elsey also fucked up, purely from a H&S standpoint. Moving an unconscious player (who may have suffered a neck/spinal injury) is incredibly irresponsible and just as reckless as eye gouging. Should cop a spray from the physios on this at training.

3. Stefan Mauk should probably cop a fine to fix that door. That poor door has copped so much over the years.

4. It really is amazing that we can still find goals without an actual striker.
1 + 3 for Reegs I reckon, it was on the lower end of the dog scale
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm

I’m assuming Regan will prob have at least a few weeks holiday for the eye gouge..if Jakobsen is not fit, do we have another centre back that I am forgetting? Feel like Paul Wilson was next in line but I think he had moved to the Vic NPL
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Taylor Regan is a very lucky man that we held onto that. Completely unacceptable action even with Mauk being a total bellend.
Really goes to show that a player even at Regan's experience can have opposition player get under their skin.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 pm

1. Taylor Regan is one of my favourite players and a fan favourite, but he fucked up real bad tonight. Eye gouging is an absolute dog act that I never want to see, let alone from my club's players. I have a feeling that one of the longest bans in A-League history awaits him on Monday.

2. Jordan Elsey also fucked up, purely from a H&S standpoint. Moving an unconscious player (who may have suffered a neck/spinal injury) is incredibly irresponsible and just as reckless as eye gouging. Should cop a spray from the physios on this at training.

3. Stefan Mauk should probably cop a fine to fix that door. That poor door has copped so much over the years.

Regan fucked up bad but they can't ban him for more than one week because it was a second yellow altho the yellow could have been for decking the guy and not the eye-gouge which means he could get a lengthy ban. Reegs was one of my favourite players until tonight. Lost a lot of respect for him.

TBF to Elsey, I don't think he knew that he was out but yeah I agree.

Do agree with three and four.
Last edited by sub007 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 pm

I’m assuming Regan will prob have at least a few weeks holiday for the eye gouge..if Jakobsen is not fit, do we have another centre back that I am forgetting? Feel like Paul Wilson was next in line but I think he had moved to the Vic NPL
Wilson never got a contract so it'll be Isa and Marrone unless we sign someone.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 pm

I thought we were good for the first 60 and created plenty of chances. I am concerned that we didn't put more away. In defence, we looked very shaky especially Regan and I fully expected us to concede a second.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 pm

To Elsey's defence, Mauk isn't the first player to ever stay face down after laying into a heavy challenge they probably regret. I have not doubt if Mauk hadn't acted the way he did prior to that he wouldn't have grabbed him like that. I think the fact that Mauk acts this way against all the club's he has played for adds more spice to that as well.
TBH if Mauk has an issue with being treated that way then he needs to take a good hard look at the way he conducts himself on the pitch, because it's very rare to see a player grabbed like that without drawing the opposition into doing that with poor behaviour prior.
But I have no doubt Elsey would regret his actions and would be glad Isaias had such a cool head to register the situation almost immediately.
Time to Djbate!
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 pm

It sure got ugly. Terrible by Regan to lash out. Mauk was clearly sent out to cause trouble. I used to love him at AU but he seems to have a screw loose.

I don't believe Elsey knew he was out.
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Agree completely Stuckey
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 pm

How long is Jakobsen out for?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby EdDog Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Regan fucked up bad but they can't ban him for more than one week because it was a second yellow altho the yellow could have been for decking the guy and not the eye-gouge which means he could get a lengthy ban. Reegs was one of my favourite players until tonight. Lost a lot of respect for him.

TBF to Elsey, I don't think he knew that he was out but yeah I agree.

Do agree with three and four.
They can ban him for more and likely will because it can go to the tribunal.

In addition to the above, I don't think Mauk's challenge was a straight red? Bit late but Goody came across and brought the contact on. Might have been a bad angle I saw.

We were the better team by far for the first hour or so and should have been 3 or 4 clear before their little comeback.

I hear Jakobsen trained all week and when interviewed said he expected to be back next week so fingers crossed we have him for the MV game!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Should be good to play next week according to the player (he was interviewed before the game).
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Okay that's good news
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Back next week.

I'm worried abou Elsey, he has been poor this year IMO. Makes some catastrophic errors.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”