Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 pm

I dont think anyone is sugar coating, infact everyone seems to have concluded reegs deserved a straight red and i agree with this.

However since no eye gouge occurred I dont think anyone but reegan can conclude what his intentions were. Maybe it was his intention maybe it wasnt.

We could also say mauk tried to break goodwins leg while im sure he didnt who is to say he didnt? Its a very slippery slope we go down when we look beyond what has actually happened and fill it in with our own pre conceptions.

All im saying is dont get caught up in the hype, it was an incident reegs was out of line. End of.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:07 am

Regan - foul = free kick ... trip afterwards = second yellow card, should have been send off ... deliberately put his hand in an opponents face = since already sent off, should have been referred to tribunal resulting in multiple weeks ban. Ref got it wrong.

J.Aloisi was correct to tell the AU players to leave Mauk alone.
Kurz was wrong to take offence at that (in his defence, I think he didn't know Mauk was out).
J.Aloisi was correct to try and explain that to Kurz.
Kurz was out of line to tespond like he did, but I wonder if he misunderstood the term "knocked out" and thought Aloisi was accusing an AU player of throwing a punch?

Mauk - bad foul, but a football action, straight red, one week.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 am

Regan - foul = free kick ... trip afterwards = second yellow card, should have been send off ... deliberately put his hand in an opponents face = since already sent off, should have been referred to tribunal resulting in multiple weeks ban. Ref got it wrong.

Kurz was wrong to take offence at that (in his defence, I think he didn't know Mauk was out).
Kurz was out of line to tespond like he did, but I wonder if he misunderstood the term "knocked out" and thought Aloisi was accusing an AU player of throwing a punch?

In the the post-match press conference Aloisi said that Kurz might not have understood what he was saying. He sounded quite reasonable.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Aloisi was wrong to suggest our players were attacking Mauk.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Judging by both manager's comments post game it was all "heat of the battle" stuff between them and they kissed and made up afterwards.
otto62

Postby otto62 Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Picking up an unconscious player and then dropping him is an attack on said player.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Picking up an unconscious player and then dropping him is an attack on said player.
Brisbane players also tried to drag him up, the ref also gave him a red while unconscious. Its ludicrous to single out elsey and not the others who also were not aware.

Cant we just all agree no players or officials apart from isaias had a clue as to the severity of the situation and once it was clear both adelaide and brisbane players first concern was mauks safety.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am

Seems like J. Aloisi knew. He tried to explain it to Kurz and gets smashed for it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

Ofcourse he knew , the argument started after the medicos came onto the ground.

Afaik aloisi initiated the argument and kurz mire or less said “did u see that tackle.” Kurz can be seen trying to play down aloisis rage once he realised mauk was out.

His body language was almost apologetic but aloisi continued and that is when kurz got stuck into him because aloisi was making out that aufc players knocked mauk out.

It doesnt really matter though, the only people still outraged by any of this is not mauk, elsey, isaias, aloisi or kurz. Everyone downplayed the incident immediately after the game . Nothing to see here
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Seems like J. Aloisi knew. He tried to explain it to Kurz and gets smashed for it.
Ok John.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”