The Next Coach of AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: The Next Coach of AUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Im not really going to bother with manager rumours, whats the point? Sure it can be all very exciting but its not my first rodeo and im too old for the circus.

Reading piets interview it was interesting his intention to continually be a top 3 club. I feel thats very ambitious and will need a helping of quality visa signings in addition locals. His mantra in this regard is very similar to Gombau. However ill believe it when I see it.

Also it seems guaranteed we will land some young chinese players which piet says they will be league standard, there is potential for us to dodge the cap a little here by paying them minimum salary and our sister club paying them out extra prior to the loan.

Im curious if our sister club relations is symbiotic or do we serve them predominantly by giving their kids game time? Or will it also work in reverse? Perhaps some of our better NPL kids could play in china?

Im almost certain our owners are in this to predominantly to set up player farms of sorts. It may not be a bad thing at all but there is also a potential for exploitation.

Either way next season they will be forced to show their hand.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: The Next Coach of AUFC

Postby blahblah Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Im not really going to bother with manager rumours, whats the point? Sure it can be all very exciting but its not my first rodeo and im too old for the circus.
Ha! My very same thought though not put as eloquently. I may use that in the future (if you don't mind).
Im almost certain our owners are in this to predominantly to set up player farms of sorts. It may not be a bad thing at all but there is also a potential for exploitation.
If it means a focus on developing talented SA footballers then I am all for it. If it is more the Melbourne City approach of finding the best talent in the land and developing it, then I am a less enthusiastic (that said, I love having Melbourne City as it gives our kids more avenues to succeed).

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”