The Next Coach of AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: The Next Coach of AUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Well done aufc, getting ahead of the rumours.
Adelaide United would like to provide an update on its Football Department and Club operations.

Following inaccurate reports in the Australian media, the Club would like to clarify speculation regarding the future of Hyundai A-League Head Coach, Marco Kurz.

These reports do not hold any truth whatsoever.

Kurz and Adelaide United Football Club management have mutually agreed to discuss the German coach’s future later in the season and, until this occurs, Kurz and Club representatives will not be commenting on any speculation hereafter.

“The Club and I have agreed to discuss my future later in the season and it is not a priority of mine to be focusing time and energy on anything but our next game and then the games after that,” Kurz said.

“As a Club, and in consultation with our coaches, we are looking at recruitment options to strengthen our squad offensively,” Director of Football, Aurelio Vidmar explained. “Our job is to be successful on the football pitch and will do everything possible to ensure this in the short and long-term.”

The Club will make further comment in due course.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Well done aufc, getting ahead of the rumours.
Adelaide United would like to provide an update on its Football Department and Club operations.

Following inaccurate reports in the Australian media, the Club would like to clarify speculation regarding the future of Hyundai A-League Head Coach, Marco Kurz.

These reports do not hold any truth whatsoever.

Kurz and Adelaide United Football Club management have mutually agreed to discuss the German coach’s future later in the season and, until this occurs, Kurz and Club representatives will not be commenting on any speculation hereafter.

“The Club and I have agreed to discuss my future later in the season and it is not a priority of mine to be focusing time and energy on anything but our next game and then the games after that,” Kurz said.

“As a Club, and in consultation with our coaches, we are looking at recruitment options to strengthen our squad offensively,” Director of Football, Aurelio Vidmar explained. “Our job is to be successful on the football pitch and will do everything possible to ensure this in the short and long-term.”

The Club will make further comment in due course.

Hehehe, Rojos' burbling thread.

Good, I'm glad they put that to bed.
Means nothing of course but at last they can now work without any extra distractions.

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 pm

You know how these things work, the distraction will remain until he re-signs.

Good move by the club though, a bit reactive but it needed to be done.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm

At least they didn't say "we are completely happy with Marco and he has the full support of the board".

Then you could put your house on him getting potted at the end of the season :wink:
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am

“That was one of my clear offers to the club to sign a centre back I cannot do more than to explain why,’’ said Kurz after the Reds signed Dutch striker Jordy Thomassen on the transfer deadline.

“But we didn’t and now I expect Elsey on Sunday to play.

“But I know that we have now currently only two centre backs (Elsey and Michael Jakobsen) in our squad and I feel not really confident in this, but I have to respect it.

“It’s a question for our chairman, OK the sports director is away (quit) and he was in this time in the club, it’s a question for them and not for me."

“I have clear thoughts and ideas for my future and also for the future of the club.

“We must find out if we find a way together or not, it’s part of the situation, part of the game.”

I just can't see him staying, appears firstly to be friction with Viddie and possibly the board.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:42 am

Yeah they arent really the words of a coach who is hanging around. Seems to be more concerned about attacking the board and Viddie rather than fixing the disaster that is our defence.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:47 pm

“That was one of my clear offers to the club to sign a centre back I cannot do more than to explain why,’’ said Kurz after the Reds signed Dutch striker Jordy Thomassen on the transfer deadline.

“But we didn’t and now I expect Elsey on Sunday to play.

“But I know that we have now currently only two centre backs (Elsey and Michael Jakobsen) in our squad and I feel not really confident in this, but I have to respect it.

“It’s a question for our chairman, OK the sports director is away (quit) and he was in this time in the club, it’s a question for them and not for me."

“I have clear thoughts and ideas for my future and also for the future of the club.

“We must find out if we find a way together or not, it’s part of the situation, part of the game.”

I just can't see him staying, appears firstly to be friction with Viddie and possibly the board.
Marco has been nothing but class with the media during his time here when most other coaches would air their dirty laundry. You get the feeling he is getting sick of being the face of the clubs perceived short comings.

I would like to think marco wants to stay on but wants a guarantee in regards to next seasons budget and possibly more control over signings.

Given marco has said he has a view for the future of the squad is promising as he tends to be careful with his words.

My gut tells me the club are withholding money with a view to starting a fresh era with a new coach and will give a new manager a larger budget.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Fine by me if that's the way they want to play it.

Not sure of your definition about airing dirty laundry, but thats exactly what Marco is doing here.

As I said, maybe he should be concentrating on our defensive structure than blaming others for his failings.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:15 pm

I think he was very diplomatic.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Kurz's job is preparing and setting up the team, not buying / scouting players.
He has said that every time he has been asked about new players.
He makes suggestions to the club management / Director of Football about what sort of players he needs and then it is up to the club to get them in.

As we know this is more the European model than the UK model.

I believe Kurz has been extremely diplomatic and correct in his dealings with the press every time.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 am

So Ante screwed up again is how I interpret this. In fairness, other than Kurz, I cant recall ever hearing from our CEO or new owners about anything at all in the last 12 months which is why Kurz is having to deal with these questions. I have to admit, it’s a concern to me how Piet has “gone to ground” lately, definitely something brewing is what Ivwould conclude.
I just see Kurz as being very frustrated, 2 CBs is really precarious and a massive risk for the rest of the season as we are now any of Elsey/ Strain / Jakobsen injury away from disaster, not to mention any 2 injuries at the same time.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:47 am

Elsey is under a cloud, but is set to play anyway.

This is a problem of Marco's own making. He had a first 11 CB sitting on the pine for most of the season while our defenders continually coughed up soft goals.

Said CB leaves for a bit or cash but predominantly game time, I can guarentee you he wouldnt have done so if he was playing.

People are lauding Marco and I'm not sure why, hes an average manager.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:13 am

But what is our "recruitment team" doing once Regan decides to leave............
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:52 am

Probably looking for that striker Marco wanted so bad.

I must admit I'm no fan of Ante, every time I hear him on radio or TV he inspires no confidence in me whatsoever. Weve still managed to find some quality but it just takes way too long.

The club needs a mini-rebuild of off field staff IMO. Whether the coach is part of it remains to be seen.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:24 pm

He does come across as pretty slow and reactive does Ante, hopefully his last season at AU in the role as stuff ups appear to be pretty common with him the role.
As for the striker, well Ante had plenty of time to identify that BEFORE the January window, so not sure that can be used for an excuse for no CB especially when Tongyik became available.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”