Preview: Adelaide United vs Perth Glory 11.11.18

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Preview: Adelaide United vs Perth Glory 11.11.18

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Im starting to wonder if goodwin will even be at the club post january.

I am sure he would back himself if another european club came knocking or if the riches of asia made an offer he cant refuse.

On the bright side he does command a fair salary so we should be able to replace him, possibly with a visa player if isaias’ citizenship goes through.

I think it would be unwise for him to even consider leaving in January.
We all know that if he maintains his form he is a sure bet for the national team but if he leaves and gets stuck on the bench somewhere again then he can kiss the Socceroos goodbye.

I believe that the opportunity to play at the AFC Asian Cup tournament would be a huge incentive for him to stay at AU for this season at least.

And let's not underestimate the "pull" that family has.
Maybe he will never leave AU because living and working in Adelaide tick all the boxes for him. :D

B)
He's hear on a 3 year deal. I haven't heard figures of wages but I can't imagine he came back to AU just to have Mum's Sunday roast more often. He'd be nearer one of the highest earners in the club.
So for him to leave in Jan I'd imagine the club would be demanding a pretty juicy transfer fee out of him.
Time to Djbate!
BenAD
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:38 am

I would think that the asian cup might actually work against a january move, as you wouldnt get the player into your setup until early February and not ready to really play until march.

But I will be surprised if goodwin is still here come next season, hopefully for a nice fee and a club which is keen to actually start him.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm

I would think that the asian cup might actually work against a january move, as you wouldnt get the player into your setup until early February and not ready to really play until march.

But I will be surprised if goodwin is still here come next season, hopefully for a nice fee and a club which is keen to actually start him.
It really depends, asias pre season kicks off around march.

I have no doubt ge is enjoying being home with family and all that jazz but if a club comes knocking willing to double his salary then its really a no brainer for him.

January is unlikely but if this form continues then he wont be here next year ( probably end up at city 6 months later )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 pm

What happened to Daniel Mullen? It all started so well.
he was never more than A-League squaddie level.
Didn't he play for Australia?
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:40 pm

oh wow he did too!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:13 pm

It really depends, asias pre season kicks off around march.

I have no doubt ge is enjoying being home with family and all that jazz but if a club comes knocking willing to double his salary then its really a no brainer for him.

January is unlikely but if this form continues then he wont be here next year ( probably end up at city 6 months later )
TBH i would be surprised if Goody went to Asia at this stage, I was thinking Europe. But there are euro leagues which do run calendar year too... I guess we'll see, I am just enjoying him whilst he is back in a red shirt
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Craig Goodwin speaks.

He gives Val a special look when Val asks him about his national team call up.
Most of the questions are regarding his " added on, train on, train off, " call up.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”