Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 pm

var disallows wsw goal for an accidental collision off the ball.

Compare this to blackwoods foul.

what ever enterpretation of the rules they want to employ lets just stick to it and be consistent it just helps fuel conspiracy theories
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:01 pm

VAR sucks.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Craig Goodwin interview.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 am

The three leagues I watch are a league, serie and bundesliga, all have VAR. Bundesliga is the only one where it seems to used with any consistency.
In a time of massive $$$ on betting, and the sport in general bring $$$ focused, I can't help but think that VAR can so easily manipulate the outcome and exact score of a game. Thus corruption could be an even bigger issue with Var. Eg payouts on 2-0 SFC v wsw compared with 2-1. Much more damaging than a rogue player or referee could do if they were on the take.
All I know is I love football but am finding my love dying every bullshit VAR decision as Bozza and Archie summed up perfectly post game.
Time for an overhaul of referees in AUs, bring in a Collina type to head up this and do it now.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:34 am

VAR is bad here because the refs suck. It's going to be as good as the referee using it.

I thought it was employed very well in the World Cup, all things considered.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 am

With VAR I wonder if football could follow Tennis and Cricket's lead and let the team decide when it gets used and only allow them a limited number of challenges. In Cricket each side gets two challenges, if they challenge and are successful they keep that many challenges, if they are unsuccessful they lose their challenges so sides need to use them wisely so they don't run out of challenges when an error is made late on in the innings.
The Syd Derby is a classic example of the VAR being unnecessarily used the block on Zullo was very soft and had almost no effect on the run of play. IMO Chris Beath is generally a decent ref and I think if it was a genuine foul he would have blown for it. I think the refs still don't fully understand the entire process of VAR. Surely if VAR says to the ref to take a look at something and the ref still feels their original call was correct they can stay with the call they made. VAR shouldn't over rule anything a on field ref does.
The other aspect of VAR that suck is the length of time it takes them to make a call. In the past refs had a split second to make a massive call on many things. Now the VAR with the assistance of multiple angles of a TV screen needs 3-4 minutes to make that same call. VAR in general has to be one of the worst implemented things I've ever seen in Sport. I understand Football is very different to Cricket or Tennis where we're generally talking about a ball hitting a certain line and that being to area of debate. But the actual process of VAR is just so clumsy. The fact the refs need to be ushered over to a tiny TV screen to watch what occurred is just pathetic.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 am

Two random thoughts:

1. Vince Lia really is thieving games from Konstandopolous, honestly who should we be putting our time in to?
Probably the guy who won man of the match.

Konsta and Lia play 2 different roles, Lia is thieving nothing.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:53 pm

VAR is bad here because the refs suck. It's going to be as good as the referee using it.

I thought it was employed very well in the World Cup, all things considered.
It was much the same at the World Cup, ie consistency and interpretation was a big issue eg. a foul was overturned by a ref in one game, then the same thing happened in another, with a different ref, but it was 'play on'. This happened in a number of games.

The technology is only as good as the referees using it. I believe the VAR got better as the season went on last year, it was used much more sparingly. However the 2 calls in the Derbies this season have been really poor judgement from the ref's IMO.
We are UNITED, after all....
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Well, well, look what happened in the Premier League last weekend...
1) Some fouls in the area are more equal than others

If a defender attempted a tackle in the area, aimed to take the ball but missed and wiped out a striker, few would argue against a penalty being awarded. That happened twice at the Emirates on Saturday, but rather than an outfield player felling a forward, it was a goalkeeper. In the space of a few minutes both Alisson and Bernd Leno sprinted from their lines and attempted to punch clear a cross, but failed and took out Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Virgil van Dijk respectively. Different rules apply to goalkeepers, awarded fouls when given the slightest touch and forgiven when they commit pseudo-assault. Both incidents were more serious and dangerous than a standard foul from an outfielder: two well-built, 6ft 3in-plus athletes charging at an opponent at speed, and in Leno’s case smashing Van Dijk in the face with a forearm. It is a serious flaw in the rules that neither were penalised. Nick Miller

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ts-weekend

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”