Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Georgevski is an utter flog. I'd love to play on a bloke like that, would be so easy to rile him up and get him carded
Yep

Dont forget he is the reason for goodwin being knocked out on the pitch against victory.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:07 pm

I think the penalty call could have gone either way. In real time I thought it was a clear pen but then on the replay I thought that Moss was entitled to go for the ball. It was all very messy but it's one of those calls that you see given sometimes but not others.

I really like Jakobsen, so much better than Gulum.

Baba looked good when he came on, was holding up the ball and distributing it well.

Ilso is trash, it's like he's used to playing FIFA on easy difficulty and now someone's changed the difficulty setting and he can't work out why he can't just walk past defenders and why the ball doesn't fly into the top corner when he just taps shoot. He is not the 10 we need, that's for sure.

Serious question, do you think that Ilso offers us more than Marcelo Carrusca could?
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:35 pm

Double post.
Last edited by RedRebel on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:40 pm

We've been lost without chelo. Never understood the chorus against him. Give me a gifted and lazy old super talented ballsmith as a 10 any day. Bit of water under the bridge since then though.
I don't want to fall into the trap of bagging our squad though, they are so under done and looking okay imo. They just need matches. Big time competitive ones which is what's happening. I was impressed with our game against Sydney. Thought we were slick and great movement.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Ilso is trash, it's like he's used to playing FIFA on easy difficulty and now someone's changed the difficulty setting and he can't work out why he can't just walk past defenders and why the ball doesn't fly into the top corner when he just taps shoot. He is not the 10 we need, that's for sure.

Serious question, do you think that Ilso offers us more than Marcelo Carrusca could?
Not giving up on him yet, but hes struggling to adjust to the tempo. Hes a quality player and hes had 1 game and people are hanging him.

And no, Chelo couldnt help us now..... hes done. He was a brilliant player for us but he was also the sum of the parts around him
flavze

Postby flavze Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:08 pm

a lot of issues and interesting points from that game but the biggest concern for me is Isias, looks woefully out of form and causing the most issues for the team in build up play with poor decision making and execution.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Not giving up on him yet, but hes struggling to adjust to the tempo. Hes a quality player and hes had 1 game and people are hanging him.

And no, Chelo couldnt help us now..... hes done. He was a brilliant player for us but he was also the sum of the parts around him
Totally agree!

Round 2 is traditionally the time we totally write off all of our new imports, i still remember the chorus against isaias.

I think at times ilso has shown fantastic touch and is quite mobile for a big guy. Comparisons however to a chelo type 10 is almost unreasonable as they may be similar positionally but bring very different qualities to the team.

I wont be expecting to see a rabona from ilso.

I think we are being an extra bit harsh on ilso also given he is a very confident guy and in our culture we tend to enjoy knocking them back a peg.

Agree isaias has been poor even in the ffa cup.

Early days but blackwoods injury is massively significant, he was looking like one if those players you need to play well above their salary to compete for the premiership in a salary capped league
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:30 pm

First ever start for the bloke is a bit early to write him off completely. It still really depends on how the club plans to use Ilso. IMO it seems like AU are using him as a deeper striker playing behind the front line striker. If he is playing off Baba as Baba holds the ball up he should be taking possession in promising areas with licence to shoot. Which is what we saw with Baba and Blackwood working well. Trouble for Ilso last night he was trying to bounce off Halloran who was always facing goal so that partnership between the two couldn't develop and probably why after a while Ilso took possession centrally on just went on a solo run towards goal and created a decent chance for himself.
That is very different to Carrusca's role which near the end of his AU career was more of an 8 as he was generally involved in build up play or providing the extra man on the wing where he'd deliver crosses. He was rarely playing off the striker or providing a pass in to a player in a shooting position as shown by his disappointing assist figures.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Totally agree stuckey! Matmour played a very similar last season without the physicality
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes it's his first start but he has been here for a while, played FFA Cup and preseason games, and still looks on a different page to his teammates.
Boland, Halloran & Goodwin MkII by contrast have slotted straight in.
Ilso has some silky touches mixed up with some average ones, but his decision making has left a bit to be desired, holds onto the ball too long when there's a pass on (mind you most of our players were guilty of that at times last night).. Hopefully we're being overly negative and he starts proving himself.
Last edited by Old Gregg on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:08 pm

We need to see Ilso, Boland and Baba in the same team two or three weeks straight, then we'll find out whether there's a lack of the requisite skill set. But I suspect that we'd see Ilso flourish playing off those two.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Hope so.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Well Baba has another injury........ ****ing get rid of him
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:59 pm

he is under contract, its frustrating but both club and players hands are tied.

Both games this season would have been wins with a striker in the middle.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:18 pm

I hope Marco Kurz is watching the Sydney derby. Sydney FC know how to play football – maybe he can teach Adelaide how?

Keeping Baba and signing a journeyman from Malaysia will be the downfall of our season.

Bring back Amor. We played football then.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”