Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Interloper Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:42 am

The team looked great at times. But I don't want another year where Kurz's complete lack of faith in anyone outside a handful of players, means the club reverts to all-out defence anytime something goes moderately non-perfect in the build up.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:01 am

The team looked great at times. But I don't want another year where Kurz's complete lack of faith in anyone outside a handful of players, means the club reverts to all-out defence anytime something goes moderately non-perfect in the build up.
I reckon he has faith in a few more guys, but they're all sitting in the medical room at the moment.

Thought we played well enough to win. Halloran and Goody butchered the pill late on which could have seen us with 2 more real good chances, and for all the great things Elsey does he still has the odd really costly error. Gets his positioning awfully wrong at times.

Newbies did ok. Boland solid, Halloran as mentioned, Jakobsen very good and I think Galloway should send Dudmayne a Christmas card.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 am

Zappa's asked Marco about Baba after the game. He was diplomatic saying that Goodie, Halloran and others need to contribute too but you could tell it's a concern for him too and he did say "any team needs a good striker".

Agree with everyone's assessment. I think we did try and play with a bit more variation in possession to last season which is good to see but yeah not much of it was coming off as we need it too. Hopefully it will start to click in the coming weeks.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:32 am

Thought we passed the ball well and defensively looked strong. Was very obvious late second half that Ninkovic was getting space and inevitably that is where they scored from, surprised Kurx didn't change anything because it was pretty obvious we were leaving too much space.
Offensively we looked toothless without a striker, No Blackwood or Baba with AP overseas- its pretty bloody diabolical that we don't have anyone for Rd 1.
Baba is far too injury prone to be of any use, no matter how good he could be. Let's face it, we have a Le Fondre and anyone of the multiple crosses we made might have had someone in the middle to put it away.

Overall it was a decent start against a strong team pretty much full strength. Pity the weather was pretty crap as i think we would have got 12k with a nice evening.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am

Far from a great performance but not terrible either. I won't judge because it's Round 1. Felt like we lost two points though.

Lacked fluency in attack and our midfield is yet to gel. Improve, beat Newcastle and win the Cup and we'll be in a very good place.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Kurz mentioned in the presser that strain was moved on the wing due to having no other options.

I dont understand this because Ilso could have played upfront and konsta in mid. Which would not have pulled strain or halloran out of position.

This is worrying as it can only mean one of two things.
1- ilso is not fit. Though he has been playing ffa cup games.
2- kurz has little confidence in ilso.

Baba apparently copped a knock in the victory game.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:09 am

Halloran might have been played out of position (and spent like the first 25 mins offside) but I really like the cut of his jib. Super positive. He & Goodwin will dominate.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Halloran might have been played out of position (and spent like the first 25 mins offside) but I really like the cut of his jib. Super positive. He & Goodwin will dominate.
Yep!

Wingers, check!
Defense, check!
Midfield/ creative 10, TBA
Target man, TBA

I think with the current state of the A-league anytime you earn points with a totally Aussie front 3 it has to be considered a win.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Kurz mentioned in the presser that strain was moved on the wing due to having no other options.

I dont understand this because Ilso could have played upfront and konsta in mid. Which would not have pulled strain or halloran out of position.

Ilso was another who pulled up sore after the Victory game and was on light duties all week.

Dont think you can say Kurz lacks faith, hes played him in every game since hes been here.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Ilso was another who pulled up sore after the Victory game and was on light duties all week.

Dont think you can say Kurz lacks faith, hes played him in every game since hes been here.
Not saying kurz has no faith in ilso. Im saying it comes down to 1 or 2. If ilso also had a knock then thats an acceptable reason and we can only hope he is the 10 we need.

Victory must have kicked the absolute shit out of us! Potential fireworks in the first mv game ?
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Potentially yeah, there was 5 or 6 under a cloud after the game. I always have little faith in the northern European guys adjusting quickly to the Aussie game.

Reckon Toivanen might have some issues.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 am

Post match interview.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Disappointing to not sneak another goal in that game, we really let a chance slip there dominating the game without a recognised striker.

I like a fit Baba but i really doubt it's gonna happen now, it's just a pity Stama happened to be away on national duty when both other forwards got injured.

i reckon it'l be either Stama or Georgie starting up front most games and tbh as much as i would love a proven Taggart/McCormack type leading the line i'm happy at this moment for either of those kids to be given a decent run.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 am

Disappointing to not sneak another goal in that game, we really let a chance slip there dominating the game without a recognised striker.

I like a fit Baba but i really doubt it's gonna happen now, it's just a pity Stama happened to be away on national duty when both other forwards got injured.

i reckon it'l be either Stama or Georgie starting up front most games and tbh as much as i would love a proven Taggart/McCormack type leading the line i'm happy at this moment for either of those kids to be given a decent run.
Yeah its been a very long time since baba was fit and scoring in asia.

Im more than happy to hand blackwood the starting spot and just hope he grows into the role this season, he certainly is capable!

This season we have very talented wingers who can take some pressure off.

My vote is for blackwood and if baba wants to start games then he needs to atart scoring from the bench and earn his way bay.
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:36 pm

We will be also rans again without a finisher and a number 10. I don’t understand Kurz’s loyalty to Baba.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”