FFA Cup Final: AUFC v Sydney

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

UnitedPants
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Re: FFA Cup Final: AUFC v Sydney

Postby UnitedPants Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Been going to United games for 15 years and think I saw my favourite moment ever tonight. Not any of the goals or lifting the trophy, but watching a streaker sprint the length of the field only to stack it and fly into the advertising boards was amongst the greatest things I have ever seen.
https://twitter.com/realLeoJames/status ... 06880?s=20
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:00 am

Wow,wow,wow!
That was just fantastic!
Cup winners!
Full rocking house, well done Adelaide United, well done Adelaide football supporters.
I have spent the day walking around Lisbon singing sha, la, la la,la,la,la, AUFC! with a huge smile on my face.
Thank you so much AU, you have made a lot of people very happy!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am

To the active support .... thank you for singing all game. 👍
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 am

Amazing game and atmosphere. It's such a surreal moment seeing AU lift a trophy right in front of you. Watching the replays I didn't realise how great Goody's second goal was even though I saw it live. So amazing that he's come back to immediately slot into legendary status and we've still got him for another 2 seasons after this!
Time to Djbate!
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:20 am

I thought we played really well, there are obviously improvements and mistakes, but we kept sydney pretty quiet and managed to score two goals without a striker on the field.

I feel for Halloran, he worked dam hard, always chasing down and I appreciate what he is doing for the team. Was nice to see Mileusnic and Regan get out there.

Be interesting to see if AP starts sunday. Also having mileusnic back will be fun, as the last thing you want in the 70th minute as a defender is see someone of his pace come on.

I was worried when Elsey made the mistake, he struggled to get his head back on for the next 10, but came out after the break looking a lot calmer. The midfield trio of Lia, Boland and Isaias are really starting to gel more, and I was happy with Ilso's small shift, he looked a lot more hungry and keen to get stuck in.

Obviously a long season ahead and the striker situation remains a concern, but there is a lot of fight in this team.

And of course Goody is a superstar, but I don't think many of us here are surprised :)
flavze

Postby flavze Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 am

WOOOP!
Only managed to watch about 30 mins of the whole game but saw all the goals and the final whistle, looked and sounded like the joint was rocking nicely.
Nice to see Goody do what was hoped he would do when he came back, he looks a so much more polished player from when he left.

Hopefully he can become to AUFC what Archie Thompson was to MVFC in the coming years.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am

Still buzzing after last night :) Just a thoroughly enjoyable experience up there with a handful of others in our history (first match, knockout ACL nights, Final wins).

Hopefully the win gives the team even more belief.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 am

We need to assume goodwin will be with the roos for the asian cup in january.

Goodwin was the difference in almost every ffa cup match, basically won the cup off his boot.

Sydney have looked clinical against every team other than aufc, this is promising! We just need a solid target upfront and d things will click nicely
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 am

Surprised at the crowd figure 14,448. Besides a pocket in the away section and a couple of corporate boxes empty Hindmarsh appeared chockers.

Also shout out to the bar staff at the North Stand. Easily the fastest experience I've had ordering a beverage. Massive improvement from the old days when the staff didn't even know what beers were on tap and how to properly pour one.
Time to Djbate!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 am

Waiting for FFA to issue SFC a show cause notice for their 26 fouls last night...

Goodwin is huge, so lucky to have him here, he should still be in Europe.
He has been a standout in every game this season.
If we can eradicate the silly errors at the back, we are in a for a good season.

Congrats to the team and staff, massive win for the club.
We are UNITED, after all....
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 am

We need to assume goodwin will be with the roos for the asian cup in january.

Goodwin was the difference in almost every ffa cup match, basically won the cup off his boot.

Sydney have looked clinical against every team other than aufc, this is promising! We just need a solid target upfront and d things will click nicely
Thanks Buzz Killington! ;)

Hopefully around that time the wings are a hotly contested position with Mileusnic and Kitto back fit.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 am

Let's be honest, Goodwin should have been in the World Cup squad, a Socceroos recall is beyond due.

What an evening eh. This is what happens when we press all game ... we get in trouble when we sit back and invite the opposition to play. Having fit, quick, mobile forwards (Goody, Halloran, Strain, also Boland) means we can keep the pressure up... and having the likes of Isaias who can stand on the ball and slow the game down when necessary is crucial. And of course it was Sydney pressing us like that that led to our errors too.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:22 am

I dont know how he didnt get another gig. Was going well early in his Sparta career before falling out of favour.

He just looks a class above most guys in the league.

I also rated Ilsos contribution late in the game, finally started to show what weve been hearing
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 am

Waiting for FFA to issue SFC a show cause notice for their 26 fouls last night...
Their tactic was basically to stop Isaias at all costs, even if it meant pulling him down after beating 3. It's pretty grubby football really considering the potential of their squad.

Their certainly capable of playing decent football but they resorted to playing long balls over the top which we didn't deal with as well as we should have.

Oh well we won :)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 am

Watching the player celebrations, i noticed Boland was as ecstatic as anyone. This is from a guy who has won promotion from the bundesliga 3 all the way to the top.

I think its a good indication how serious imports are about their Aussie stints. He gives the impression he is not not here for a holiday.

It also needs to be pointed out we won a trophy with an all aussie front third, I think this is something that needs to be praised mire often by the football media
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”