New Formation?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

New Formation?

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Marco was quoted as saying that we tried out a new system in the game against APIA. To me it looked pretty similar to last year with a flat back four, Issy as the 6 (holder), Boland as the 8 (Adlung's box to box role), Ilso as the 10, Baba up front and Goody and Ben on the wings.

Izzo
Strain Elsey Jackobsen Galloway
Issias
Halloran Boland Goodwin
Ilso
Diawara

Only thing I could think of was Boland was probably playing further forward than Adlung used to, and certainly more then Lia had in the previous cup games when he played. Did we play with two 6's in those ? Thinking back now, perhaps we played more with two 8's than with an out and out number 10 last year.

Anyway, now the squad is pretty much complete and we've had the chance to see them in action I was wondering what everybody's thoughts were regarding the formations/systems being used.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: New Formation?

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Marco was quoted as saying that we tried out a new system in the game against APIA. To me it looked pretty similar to last year with a flat back four, Issy as the 6 (holder), Boland as the 8 (Adlung's box to box role), Ilso as the 10, Baba up front and Goody and Ben on the wings.

Izzo
Strain Elsey Jackobsen Galloway
Issias
Halloran Boland Goodwin
Ilso
Diawara

Only thing I could think of was Boland was probably playing further forward than Adlung used to, and certainly more then Lia had in the previous cup games when he played. Did we play with two 6's in those ? Thinking back now, perhaps we played more with two 8's than with an out and out number 10 last year.

Anyway, now the squad is pretty much complete and we've had the chance to see them in action I was wondering what everybody's thoughts were regarding the formations/systems being used.
Pretty much with you on that.

If we look back to the start of last season matmour often looked more like a second striker playing off baba and less like a 10. Once matmour left and our injury woes took hold we played differently.

I would say the cup game was a slight variation to kurzs original structure last season with slight tweaks due to personel changes.

I suppose you could describe it many ways but a 4-4-1-1 is probably the easiest.

I think despite baba being the most advanced player on the pitch we are setting up to prioritse ilso as our primary goal scorer in open play.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: New Formation?

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Yeah I agree Shin that did appear how the played coming forward. I really like this structure.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”