FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby Reds4Life Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:43 am

Will be watching it on a friend's phone while at the PAFC Best and Fairest!
Gee that'll be a fun night....... :wink:

We will need to be better against Bentleigh, although I did hear their end of season trip starts the day after..... hope half of them have their minds elsewhere.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Jeez, we have to wait another three weeks...
I thought we waited politely till they finished and then we got under way the following weekend
Because we are finally observing the international breaks, and the weekend of the 13th/14th is one of those, so I guess FFA figured it was better to start round 1 after that, then do Round 1 before that and then have a week off.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm

I thought we waited politely till they finished and then we got under way the following weekend
Because we are finally observing the international breaks, and the weekend of the 13th/14th is one of those, so I guess FFA figured it was better to start round 1 after that, then do Round 1 before that and then have a week off.
Yeah that makes sense.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Ok, thanks for the information.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Still kick something over though hey sevengoals ☺
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 pm

I sorry but I'm not sure what you mean RedRebel
Do you mean that they could have still got one round in before the International break?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Bentleigh have been consistent performers during the history if the cup.

I wonder if the gap between aleague abd npl is closing? Or, are some NPL clubs showing greater ambition abd attracting the best NPL talent?

Either way we should consider then not as NPL quality but somewhere inbetween .

The FFA cup has been fantastic prep for us this season. The offseason is so long
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:36 pm

I think it's a bit of both shin.

It's real good to see and gives me hope that a national second div is actually viable and hopefully not too far away.
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:17 pm

It's really good to see and gives me hope that a national second div is actually viable and hopefully not too far away.
I've heard that a lot and I would love to see P&R. There's little doubt there's enough skill in a lot of NPL teams, but 6 or 7 teams may be good enough to take the step up. But how would they go financially? A few away trips would break them I reckon.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 pm

It's really good to see and gives me hope that a national second div is actually viable and hopefully not too far away.
I've heard that a lot and I would love to see P&R. There's little doubt there's enough skill in a lot of NPL teams, but 6 or 7 teams may be good enough to take the step up. But how would they go financially? A few away trips would break them I reckon.
Very true.

But then i consider that we have national baseball , ice hockey, netball leagues and they survive with similar size squad sizes and possibly even worse crowd sizes.

I think it comes down to sponsorship and tv deals that will make it possible.

Im getting a little off topic here, however i feel its worth pointing out the NPL clubs who clearly have the ambition and have targeted the FFA cup and NPL cup by signing quality players have done so without going into administration the next season!

They have bridged the gap between NPL and Aleague and proven that the world does not implode when there is no cap.

We need to accept the game will only improve with less cap restrictions. Let football be football.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 am

Do you mean that they could have still got one round in before the International break?

B)
Nah I'm sorry for being obscure. I was just sharing your angst and frustration at this crazy long off-season.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 am

B)
Nah I'm sorry for being obscure. I was just sharing your angst and frustration at this crazy long off-season.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 pm

Our captain talks to the press.

Fire up farken!!!
:mrgreen:

Isaías is waiting for some feedback on his citizenship application.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:28 am

Fire up farken!!!

B)
The club seems very keen to free up a visa spot. I wonder if they have someone in mind already or if it is just keeping their options open for the January transfer window.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am

Fire up farken!!!

B)
The club seems very keen to free up a visa spot. I wonder if they have someone in mind already or if it is just keeping their options open for the January transfer window.
I'm sure any club would be keen to free up a visa spot if they could. I think with Baba's injury run having a spot up their sleeve is pretty important.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”