FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Away in Melbourne.
Nice to avoid the Sydney clubs and then obviously if AU win they travel to Sydney...
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby bpowell454 Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Do I remember correctly that they have changed the way they choose the host for the Final?

If the FFA could choose it would be held in Sydney no matter the result of our game.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Do I remember correctly that they have changed the way they choose the host for the Final?

If the FFA could choose it would be held in Sydney no matter the result of our game.
I haven't heard anything on that. But unless there is some issue with stadia, like they all explode. It's in Sydney I presume.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:16 pm

After the FFA Cup Semi-Finals, FFA will conduct a live draw on FOX SPORTS to determine the FFA Cup Final Host City based on which two teams have qualified.
The live draw will be conducted if there is at least one (1) suitable venue in each of the cities in which the two (2) competing Clubs are based.

After determining the Host City, FFA will then select the most appropriate venue, subject to a suitability criteria.
I googled it for anyone else curious.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:16 pm

I’m pretty sure that this is the first year it’s pot luck as to who hosts the final........got to beat Bentley first.
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby bpowell454 Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I’m pretty sure that this is the first year it’s pot luck as to who hosts the final........got to beat Bentley first.
Of course, definitely not counting chickens before they've hatched, was just considering that we might have to travel for quarter, semi and, if we make it, the final.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:25 pm

After the FFA Cup Semi-Finals, FFA will conduct a live draw on FOX SPORTS to determine the FFA Cup Final Host City based on which two teams have qualified.
The live draw will be conducted if there is at least one (1) suitable venue in each of the cities in which the two (2) competing Clubs are based.

After determining the Host City, FFA will then select the most appropriate venue, subject to a suitability criteria.
Yep they just mentioned it on Fox too.

Yep bring on Bentleigh! Wiki says October 5th or 6th. So Friday or Saturday. Is that correct?
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Yep bring on Bentleigh! Wiki says October 5th or 6th. So Friday or Saturday. Is that correct?
Yep, my 10th wedding anniversary one night and already bought tickets for the monster trucks at Adelaide oval the other. Unlucky.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 pm

I don’t mind the travel for the lads, helps them bond as a team being on the road and living in each other’s pockets a few days a every couple of weeks.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Yep, my 10th wedding anniversary one night and already bought tickets for the monster trucks at Adelaide oval the other. Unlucky.
Haha I made the same mistake last season and agreed to a date night with the missus on the night that turned out being the FFA Cup Final night :(
Time to Djbate!
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 am

Haha I made the same mistake last season and agreed to a date night with the missus on the night that turned out being the FFA Cup Final night :(
I hope the trouble and strife enjoyed her solo meal at a posh restaurant, Stuckey.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:58 am

I hope the trouble and strife enjoyed her solo meal at a posh restaurant, Stuckey.
Haha with hindsight I made the right call
Nice dinner with the wife?
Or watching AU get refereed out of a game while listening to the commentary condone it?
Even watching the replay then next morning had me furious! :bang:
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Friday the 5th, 7pm kickoff
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Will be watching it on a friend's phone while at the PAFC Best and Fairest!
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:02 am

Looking forward to another game that means something.
I'd be wary about the Bentleigh Greens but I'm confident we have the players and know how to get pass them.

I don't wish to start a thread about this but how come the new season does not start till the 19th of October when the most important Grand Final is being played this weekend?

Jeez, we have to wait another three weeks...
I thought we waited politely till they finished and then we got under way the following weekend.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”