FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bruuuuuuuuce
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Good win, solid in defence again.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Now we need to win the farker again!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 pm

So we find out tonight who hosts?

Sydney = Oval venue most likely with 7k
Adelaide = 15k+ rocking Hindmarsh

Believe it's out of a hat, we'll see....
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Very solid in defence. Plenty of chances created. Enough chances taken advantage of. No injuries. Happy days.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:05 pm

First game I've seen all season and whilst the pitch sucked, these are my impressions of the new boys:

The good:
-Boland: looks like a German Isa. Handy acquisition.
-Jakobsen: very cool head and better than Gulum.
-Halloran: dangerous player and one I think will only improve.

The not so good:
-Ilso: might have been because of the camera angles but I didn't see him get on the ball much and when he did, he did nothing wtth it. Not entirely sure what his role is.
-Baba: horrendously out of form. Looks lost out there.
-Galloway: probably the weakest link in our team. Would prefer Garuccio any day.

Overall it was a good result but the buildup play lacked cohesion and direction. Bit worried about the massive gaps in midfield too.

I think the pitch played a big part so not overly concerned but I'd want to see us improve a fair bit if we are gonna challenge this year.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm

First game I've seen all season and whilst the pitch sucked, these are my impressions of the new boys:

The good:

The not so good:
-Ilso: might have been because of the camera angles but I didn't see him get on the ball much and when he did, he did nothing wtth it. Not entirely sure what his role is.
-Galloway: probably the weakest link in our team. Would prefer Garuccio any day.

Overall it was a good result but the buildup play lacked cohesion and direction. Bit worried about the massive gaps in midfield too.

I think the pitch played a big part so not overly concerned but I'd want to see us improve a fair bit if we are gonna challenge this year.
What didn't you like about Galloway? I thought he linked up with Blackwood fairly well in for the first half. Bentleigh did seem to focus on his wing though.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 pm

The good:

The not so good:

What didn't you like about Galloway? I thought he linked up with Blackwood fairly well in for the first half. Bentleigh did seem to focus on his wing though.
It was definitely the best I've seen him, but I'm yet to make my mind up. Looking forward to seeing him (and the rest of the team) live in a fortnight.

Baba though... he's nothing like the guy that came here a year and a half ago. Don't know what the deal is but hopefully it's just confidence and if he gets one he can go on with it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Does the ffa cup earn a acl qualification match ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:11 pm

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Does the ffa cup earn a acl qualification match ?
No I don't think so. The wiki page which is generally the best resource for ACL info says it will be the same as it is now. GF winner, League winner and League runner up.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: FFA Semi: Bentleigh vs AUFC

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 pm

The good:

The not so good:

It seemed like all their attacks came down his side and he struggled with the physicality of the BG player who was subbed on late. Against HAL opposition I'd be concerned.

Blackwood wasn't helping with his tracking back though.

It's one game, I'm sure he'll be adequate. Just tonight looked average IMO.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:34 am

The best we've played so far. The first 15 minutes were frantic, but overall the defense looked very solid.

Boland is just getting better and better. I thought we'd struggle without Adlung as he was awesome, but I think Boland is going to be just as good! It also means Isaias doesn't have to do as much covering as he has in the past, which could extend his career an extra year or two.

I agree that Halloran looks excellent as well. He's improved so much since he left Australia.

Baba, is still getting back to full fitness and is clearly down on his skills at the moment. I'm not so worried about his skills, he's a class player, I just hope his body holds up this year.

Blackwood ... positionally, holding the ball up and bringing others into the game, that was as good as I've ever seen from him. If only he could shoot. Maybe it's just lack of game time and the fact it's preseason. I don't think it's a matter of skill, rather a lack of composure in the key moments.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:55 pm

I still cant work out if our midfield is quality yet , obviously all three mids are fantastic players but i cant say ive really seen our midfield impose its self on the ball.

Its hard to judge though, cup games on rough pitches against opponents who want to park the bus. Its a totally different game to the aleague really.

Ive noticed all three mids at times have been woeful ( isa included ) i think they just need regular football.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Agree on Blackwood. His buildup play was brilliant. He just cannot finish. I reckon Elsey would be a more clinical striker than him!

I think he needs to spend the next month just practicing his finishing.
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Agree on Blackwood. His buildup play was brilliant. He just cannot finish. I reckon Elsey would be a more clinical striker than him!

I think he needs to spend the next month just practising his finishing.
I agree. Blackwood is supposedly a lad who's a leader of our line ATM he couldn't hit a barn, also the club should do whatever they can to get the poor blokes family out here. With his family, I reckon he'd suddenly find his shooting boots.

I can't see Galloway being anything but a waste of space. Marrone comes on and suddenly there's more danger. There must be kids in the youth team better than he'll ever be.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”