FFA Cup Quarter Final: APIA Leichhardt Tigers vs Adelaide United

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: FFA Cup Quarter Final: APIA Leichhardt Tigers vs Adelaide United

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Deserved win but certainly not satisfied with the performance just yet. The game should have been over at HT.
That being said the NPL sides are really getting better and better in the FFA Cup. It is rare these days to see HAL sides completely dominate sides much.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Our performance wasnt great however i feel there are some great signs just possibly a lack of early cohesion.

Goodwin and halloran will be an absolute handful this season, goodys ability to put a quality cross in is huge and he seems to be keen on the outside of his boot also.

Ilso will be a new proposition in the aleague, a skillful 10 who is tall and strong. With the addition of a fit baba it may be a story of the “twin towers”.

Isa has been off and boland is finding his feet but these two are clearly quality so im not worried.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Max Power
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:44 am

So If we win the semi we will host the final, they gave it to sfc last year as they were in the final the year before but played away.
No, I think its decided via a random draw.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:10 am

I'm liking the look of Ilso, Boland and Halloran. It's only early, but there are promising signs. Fitness and team work will only get better, and skills will come more to the fore once we're back on a decent surface.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm liking the look of Ilso, Boland and Halloran. It's only early, but there are promising signs. Fitness and team work will only get better, and skills will come more to the fore once we're back on a decent surface.
I think Ilso may be our top goal scorer, he has an eye for goal and is always in great position when baba has the ball at his feet.

The fact that baba is also a very capable striker with 2 roos wingers makes me very excited if elsey and jakobsen can hold down their end
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:26 pm

I think Ilso may be our top goal scorer, he has an eye for goal and is always in great position when baba has the ball at his feet.

And he is so confident and positive with what he brings to the team and the game.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:02 pm

And he is so confident and positive with what he brings to the team and the game.

B)
Very zlatan esque imo.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 pm

B)
Very zlatan esque imo.

Yes!
Exactly.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 pm

B)
Very zlatan esque imo.

As long as he doesn't start talking about himself in the third person :wink:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”