Bruce Djite

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Bruce Djite

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Absolute club legend. I was one of the true believers on here who defended him to the hilt during the rough times, and I would love to see him in a red shirt again, but...

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/bruce-dj ... fc13sd0qhc
Nine games without a goal for Indonesian club PSM Makassar has seen Australian striker Bruce Djite shown the door.
Hamstrung by injury since he made the move to Indonesia however, Djite couldn't find the back of the net and has since been replaced in the PSM squad by Hong Kong international Alessandro Leonardo.

... don't we already have an injury prone striker on the wrong side of 30 ???
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Bruce Djite

Postby blahblah Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:15 pm

I tend to agree. I love the bloke however we have some genuine prospects coming through that need to be afforded game time.

Bruce coming back as part of the coaching setup or in administration could be interesting. PFA rep in the new FFA Congress?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 pm

I love bruce and i would hate to see him play for another aleague club.

Sadly if bruce finds his way to the aleague this season its a very bad reflection on the direction of this league. With so many young strikers stuck behind visa players its no wonder we cant score goals at international level.

Bruce practically has the keys to the city though, fwiu he does alot of business here and is very well connected. Im sure the club is aware of him and his potential value for this club off the pitch.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:48 am

Yeah I think he has very strong connections with people within the club still I could certainly see him offered a place on that community board the club announced a little while ago.
I'd love to see the club offer him a similar role to what Euge got at City as a player/coach. Basically only plays if we're desperate but IMO someone like Blackwood would benefit from his experience.

But I can certainly see Bruce returning and not playing a role in football at all. He has a very political mind so I could see him running for parliament. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see him try his hand in the media.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:22 pm

IMO Bruce has plenty to give still as a player and you're all putting him out to pasture way too early. There's a place for experienced Australian players, he's only 31 (younger than Santalab, Brosque and Matt Simon) and a great leader on and off the pitch.

Would he do well in an off field role for the club? Absolutely but it's not time just yet for him unless the injuries are chronic.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I agree bruce still has much to give and we only have to refer to daniel mcbreens influence in the league in his mid thirties to show older strikers can still perform.

Unfortunetly though we only have 10 teams who mostly have visa strikers forcing emerging youth to the bench. Plus a 27 game season and only one division.

I would hope clubs prioritise the emerging youth and let strikers in bruces position battle away in se asia.

Its more a poor reflection on the state of football than it is on bruce. In a half decent national set up a striker like bruce would always have a professional club option in australia . Sadly we are massively lacking
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 pm

He had a good run but was woeful towards the end. That last season he had a horror dry spell and it’s followed him to Indonesia.

I never rated him as highly as other did due to his inability to finish. I really think a fit baba destroys Bruce at his best.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:47 pm

He had a good run but was woeful towards the end. That last season he had a horror dry spell and it’s followed him to Indonesia.

I never rated him as highly as other did due to his inability to finish. I really think a fit baba destroys Bruce at his best.
Did his last season here not end with him scoring a double in the semi final and a winning grand final??
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I agree bruce still has much to give and we only have to refer to daniel mcbreens influence in the league in his mid thirties to show older strikers can still perform.

Unfortunetly though we only have 10 teams who mostly have visa strikers forcing emerging youth to the bench. Plus a 27 game season and only one division.

I would hope clubs prioritise the emerging youth and let strikers in bruces position battle away in se asia.

Its more a poor reflection on the state of football than it is on bruce. In a half decent national set up a striker like bruce would always have a professional club option in australia . Sadly we are massively lacking
Yeah I agree. Personally I'd rather see Blackwood be given a chance to impress over bringing Bruce back for nostalgia. I'm sure he's got plenty to offer but so does George IMO and George could be a big talent for the country in the future.
Time to Djbate!
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 pm

From memory the last half of season 15/16 was a riot for Brucey. He never played an out and out goalscoring role but the end of that champ year the balls were flying in. Finally.

Far out, I'd have Bruce back in a flash. Squads have to be about balance with a progression and contingencies.

I do hear what you are saying though shin, you do may good points about the failings of the league.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Did his last season here not end with him scoring a double in the semi final and a winning grand final??
Then he went over to Korea and scored a goal every 4 games which is very respectable for a striker who plays with his back to goal.

I hope future strikers dry spells looks this good
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Let us not employ him for a third time when 90% of his time with us was frustrating. He ended on a good note, leave it at that please.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Love that we are still having a debate about big Brucey and he's not even on our list anymore
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Let us not employ him for a third time when 90% of his time with us was frustrating. He ended on a good note, leave it at that please.
Its officially bruce gate 3.0 when zanzibar joins in! Haha

I agree with you though
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:39 am

Bruce for President!

:mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”