Bruce Djite

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Bruce Djite

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:57 am

Haha the Djibate continues!
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:50 am

Haha the Djibate continues!
:lol: love it!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am

Really not sure why we would bother. This board seems to have a chronic need for every half decent player to come back to our club, despite there being little to no need for him.

Let me balance that by saying I love what Bruce brought to our club, both on and off field. Someone mentioned his record in Korea.... that was mostly in 2nd division, so it's not exactly of a high standard.

He plays such a physical style that I wouldn't be surprised if these injuries do start to mount. Quite clearly he wouldnt be coming for a packet of chips, so it's a no for me.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am

:D I did contemplate not having an input....but i could not resist.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:49 pm

I agree bruce still has much to give and we only have to refer to daniel mcbreens influence in the league in his mid thirties to show older strikers can still perform.

Unfortunetly though we only have 10 teams who mostly have visa strikers forcing emerging youth to the bench. Plus a 27 game season and only one division.

I would hope clubs prioritise the emerging youth and let strikers in bruces position battle away in se asia.

Its more a poor reflection on the state of football than it is on bruce. In a half decent national set up a striker like bruce would always have a professional club option in australia . Sadly we are massively lacking
Yeah I agree. Personally I'd rather see Blackwood be given a chance to impress over bringing Bruce back for nostalgia. I'm sure he's got plenty to offer but so does George IMO and George could be a big talent for the country in the future.
No offence Stucky, but even if Bruce has dropped a notch he's still twice the player Blackwood is.
I don't know where you get this idea from that he's potential Socceroo material. He's a useful back up at his current level and nothing more. He will have to improve markedly just to be a HAL regular starter imo. AP may well overtake him this season.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

I agree bruce still has much to give and we only have to refer to daniel mcbreens influence in the league in his mid thirties to show older strikers can still perform.

Unfortunetly though we only have 10 teams who mostly have visa strikers forcing emerging youth to the bench. Plus a 27 game season and only one division.

I would hope clubs prioritise the emerging youth and let strikers in bruces position battle away in se asia.

Its more a poor reflection on the state of football than it is on bruce. In a half decent national set up a striker like bruce would always have a professional club option in australia . Sadly we are massively lacking
Yeah I agree. Personally I'd rather see Blackwood be given a chance to impress over bringing Bruce back for nostalgia. I'm sure he's got plenty to offer but so does George IMO and George could be a big talent for the country in the future.
No offence Stucky, but even if Bruce has dropped a notch he's still twice the player Blackwood is.
I don't know where you get this idea from that he's potential Socceroo material. He's a useful back up at his current level and nothing more. He will have to improve markedly just to be a HAL regular starter imo. AP may well overtake him this season.
Have to disagree in favour of blackwood.

The kid has only just turned 21, its incredibly rare to see a 21 year old target man excel at that age given strength is a large part of the role.

He was average last season but played as a 19 / 20 year old in front of a broken midfield and wide players more likely to score from their crosses. We all remember the difference a functioning midfield made for bruce.

It remains to be seen how good blackwood will be he could be a babalj or a Juric yet.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Probably the fact hes been in all the underage teams. George can and will improve, Bruce won't.

But you kinda answered your own question...... if indeed AP does go past George, we really have no need to sign Bruce.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 am

Blackwood won't be as good as Corey Gamiero, and that is saying something.

Bruce, every day.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Probably the fact hes been in all the underage teams. George can and will improve, Bruce won't.

But you kinda answered your own question...... if indeed AP does go past George, we really have no need to sign Bruce.
Yeah Blackwood's time with all the youth NT sides was what I was basing it on. He's still young and has lots of improving to keep doing. I'd much rather see HAL clubs place time into the younger players in the hope they develop and clubs can profit from them moving on. They aren't going to profit from welcoming someone like Bruce back. Obviously us fans who love Bruce will enjoy it. But the club isn't going to sell Bruce to a Belgian club for $500k.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Adelaide United can announce Bruce Djite will leave the Club at the end of the A-League 2020/21 season to take up a position as Chief Executive Officer of the Committee for Adelaide.

Returning to the Reds as its Director of Football in June 2019, Djite oversaw a resurgence in the Club’s Football Department, helping to re-establish the link between its youth and senior teams, as well as United’s third FFA Cup trophy in 2019.

“Adelaide United always has and will always have a special place in my heart,” Djite said. “I have been fortunate enough to come back to the Club as its Director of Football and have enjoyed working with our phenomenal players, coaching and high performance staff, and administration staff.

“I am proud of the great environment and culture we have rebuilt within the Club and it is fantastic to see the Club return to putting South Australia and South Australians first, whilst still attracting great interstate and international talent.

“I believe the Club is better positioned for growth today than it ever has been and, while there is always further improvement to be made, the re-establishment of the Club’s true identity will continue to see it do well on and off the field.

“From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone involved at Adelaide United including all our members, partners and fans for their support and their commitment to the Club’s development.

“I will be seeing out the rest of the season, ensuring that I leave the Club in a strong position, and look forward to positive Club announcements in the coming weeks.”

Adelaide United Chief Executive Officer, Nathan Kosmina, praised Djite for his work at the Club, saying: “Bruce’s contribution to Adelaide United cannot be overstated”.

“Amongst many achievements, Bruce has overseen the Club’s transition to a South Australian focused football structure for which we will continue to reap rewards long into the future.

“His leadership of our football program through COVID and the subsequent rebuild has played a significant role in both the on-field and cultural improvements the Club has made in the past 18 months.

“Bruce will be sorely missed, however, just as players move onto bigger opportunities, we also embrace our staff broadening their careers.

“Whilst he now moves onto the next chapter of his professional life, we look forward to welcoming him back to Coopers Stadium as a legend of the club and now a dedicated supporter.”

Adelaide United will now commence its search for a new Director of Football, building on the success of its current mix of exciting South Australians, promising interstate players, and experienced international footballers.

https://t.co/4pMt7SuZQV
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Thanks Bruce
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Sad news indeed. Obviously loves the club and did a great job.

Thanks for everything Brucie. Legend :bow:
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 pm

Huge loss. He did so much for our club.

Big boots to fill whoever comes in.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:55 am

Wow, aware he would go sooner or later but it's still a shock.

Thank you Bruce Djite for all your work at the club.
Good luck for the future!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:48 am

Big loss for the club, but a big gain for advocacy in Adelaide.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”