Walkout song

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds United
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Re: Walkout song

Postby Reds United Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:59 pm

That is a good suggestion Chilly Philly. Bright,catchy,upbeat and has the word,"United" in it. Like my suggestion,it would "warm up the crowd" before the kickoff.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:34 pm

I see in the survey they are asking for suggestions for a "goal song".
Please God no!!!
There's nothing more atmosphere destroying than a song suddenly blaring out over the PA after a goal and drowning out the crowd at it's loudest point during a match.
A well timed Red Army rendition of "Hey Keeper!!!" will do me fine thanks.
The Red Army will do that regardless, but nearly all of them are in favour of 'Chase the Sun' as a goal song. Common all over the world to have a song playing after goals.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I see in the survey they are asking for suggestions for a "goal song".
Please God no!!!
There's nothing more atmosphere destroying than a song suddenly blaring out over the PA after a goal and drowning out the crowd at it's loudest point during a match.
A well timed Red Army rendition of "Hey Keeper!!!" will do me fine thanks.
The Red Army will do that regardless, but nearly all of them are in favour of 'Chase the Sun' as a goal song. Common all over the world to have a song playing after goals.

Sorry but it's a pet hate of mine. Just because it's common, doesn't make it good.
You need to let the crowd create the atmosphere or they just get lazy and wait for it to be artificially created for them. Unless it's something you can sing along to, and even then I would only be ok with it if they played a short burst to get the crowd going. Crystal Palace's "Glad All Over" springs to mind.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I agree, goal songs are rubbish. Love a walk out song but no music after that thanks. Just the crowd singing and going bananas.
sudden reversal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Michael Marrone

Postby sudden reversal Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:49 am

Does anyone know the background into the song "Forever United" by C.Csongrady / Warner Chappell Music, that was made specifically for AUFC in 2003 but never was adopted? It would be an excellent club walkout song! I can't find a youtube recording but here's the Lyrics -

From many nations our noble fathers came to this land.
They gave us a gift of hope and glory in this mighty game.
And now we gather here in this field of dreams for the holy grail,
the cup of life for this great game.

Chorus
Adelaide United Forever, Adelaide United Forever

All men are equal and our hearts they beat the same
So proud we're united as one
Let the fire burn in our veins

We'll fly through the air without any fear
Run like a deer, run like the wind for the glory's here.

Chorus

Whenever we gather here on this field of dreams
We will stand proud, we will stand tall for our great team

Chorus
[Repeat]
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:27 pm

If you want a local mob with the time honoured extra lyrics https://youtu.be/xj_QkLrW3qc - joshing but it would be a laugh! :wink:
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 pm

During the preseason, the owners asked for feedback about music at Coopers Stadium. At the time, I thought,"Good. Now we can replace the dreary, moany and whiney,"Wonderwall." This song was suggested by the Red Army, but it has no significance to the club and it HAS NOT engaged the crowd at all. Before the Red Army members mention that the crowd sang it at the completion of the FFA Cup Final and the Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval, I just want to say that the crowd would have song ANY song at a euphoric time. I have been to every home game since the club's inception and I can confidently say that this song has not engaged the crowds at Coopers. What the club needs is a good song that can "warm up" the crowd before the game. A song that is catchy and that fans can relate to. A song which has some significance to the club. I was so disappointed to hear "Wonderwall" blaring out after the first home game. So disappointing after the club asked for feedback regarding music. Look at Melbourne Victory using "Stand By Me." The whole crowd really gets into that and it has engaged their crowd. Wonderwall does not cut it.

I suggested a reworked/rearranged and shortened version of the INXS song, "We are United>" The song is catchy, raunchy. uniquely Australian and is dedicated to the youth of Australia. It contains the name of the club and the chorus proudly proclaims, "We are United......in Australia." It was played during a Australia Day concert in front of Parliament House in Canberra a few years ago. It lends itself to the use of the motto,"We are United" that can be used in all promotional material for the club (Radio/television adverts/flags/club correspondence etc.) A reworked version of this can be performed by one of Adelaide's leading bands before a game to really get the crowd going.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:54 pm

The club asked what song people wanted, gave a multiple choice and then seemingly have just used them all just at different times pre game.

Something new would be good. Stand by me at AAMI was pretty epic in the semi last season. Need something in that same vein. A song that everyone has heard, knows some of the words and makes you feel good. Big bonus if it can be worked into a slogan like "stand by us" or "stand with us" for their song. Never tear us apart is good for Port Adelaide AFL team too.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 pm

The club asked what song people wanted, gave a multiple choice and then seemingly have just used them all just at different times pre game.

Something new would be good. Stand by me at AAMI was pretty epic in the semi last season. Need something in that same vein. A song that everyone has heard, knows some of the words and makes you feel good. Big bonus if it can be worked into a slogan like "stand by us" or "stand with us" for their song. Never tear us apart is good for Port Adelaide AFL team too.
"The Self-Preservation Society" - with reworked lyrics of course.

Get your skates on mate, get your skates on ....
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 pm

I was thinking something like-

Throw your arms around me by Hunters and Collectors.

https://youtu.be/YBb5SkqeWwA
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:34 pm

During the preseason, the owners asked for feedback about music at Coopers Stadium. At the time, I thought,"Good. Now we can replace the dreary, moany and whiney,"Wonderwall." This song was suggested by the Red Army, but it has no significance to the club and it HAS NOT engaged the crowd at all. Before the Red Army members mention that the crowd sang it at the completion of the FFA Cup Final and the Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval, I just want to say that the crowd would have song ANY song at a euphoric time. I have been to every home game since the club's inception and I can confidently say that this song has not engaged the crowds at Coopers. What the club needs is a good song that can "warm up" the crowd before the game. A song that is catchy and that fans can relate to. A song which has some significance to the club. I was so disappointed to hear "Wonderwall" blaring out after the first home game. So disappointing after the club asked for feedback regarding music. Look at Melbourne Victory using "Stand By Me." The whole crowd really gets into that and it has engaged their crowd. Wonderwall does not cut it.

I suggested a reworked/rearranged and shortened version of the INXS song, "We are United>" The song is catchy, raunchy. uniquely Australian and is dedicated to the youth of Australia. It contains the name of the club and the chorus proudly proclaims, "We are United......in Australia." It was played during a Australia Day concert in front of Parliament House in Canberra a few years ago. It lends itself to the use of the motto,"We are United" that can be used in all promotional material for the club (Radio/television adverts/flags/club correspondence etc.) A reworked version of this can be performed by one of Adelaide's leading bands before a game to really get the crowd going.
No.

I am so sick of reading posts like this.

Our club is finally maturing a little bit and building a little 'culture' and people keep wanting to change the damn song every 5 minutes.

We finally have the call back chant happening successfully - Adelaide --- United and now the Sha la la la la AUFC is engaging more of the crowd. Just give these things time to mature, why do we have to change it all the time?

Lets face it, Adelaide crowds are reserved usually and will not really sing their lungs out unless everyone else is doing it. Adelaide crowds usually need a goal or a big game to get involved. With time this might change.

I have been to a few Victory games and I can tell you now, unless its a big game lots of the crowd don't actually sing Stand By Me, they just put their scarves above their heads.

I think YNWA is also dreary but it works because it has years and years of history behind it.

Lets have some stability for a few seasons and go from there.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am

Agree with the importance of organically building chants but the walkout song is a different kettle of fish. Wonderwall is a middle of the road, off the shelf anthem with no connection to Adelaide, and just nicked from football clubs elsewhere (and wtf is a wonderwall anyways). Might as well debate what we could do that is unique and in some way related to our identity.

It's been said many times - but Bound for South Australia would be great. Pogues version is brilliant but as a folk song there's heaps of different interpretations.
Can you imagine a football crowd doing this?

Red Army needs to get onto it .
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:34 am

Agree with the importance of organically building chants but the walkout song is a different kettle of fish. Wonderwall is a middle of the road, off the shelf anthem with no connection to Adelaide, and just nicked from football clubs elsewhere (and wtf is a wonderwall anyways). Might as well debate what we could do that is unique and in some way related to our identity.

It's been said many times - but Bound for South Australia would be great. Pogues version is brilliant but as a folk song there's heaps of different interpretations.
Can you imagine a football crowd doing this?

Red Army needs to get onto it .

Excellent version!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:56 am

^ Wait is that a joke?

Who on earth is going to sing that? Plus no casuals are going to know the words, wonderwall most people will at least know the chorus.

Wonderwall was there when we won at Adelaide oval and now the FFA Cup, it’s got history. Leave it be for a while.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am

I once wrote a post about how the teams should walk out to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls, but it crashed when I tried to post it. Believe you, it was beautifully written and would have convinced each and every one of you :wink:

I agree Wonderwall just feels like an it'll do song.

Years ago - may have even been on The Gate - we had a thread about Elvis' I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. I still think its a winner - familiar, easy to sing, and will impress the casuals we want to spread the word and keep coming back. Vision of club greats on the screen with the words as it plays - done.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”