2018/19 Hyundai A-League fixtures

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: 2018/19 Hyundai A-League fixtures

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

how else can we observe international dates if we dont slip a few week day matches in?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
spaceCowboy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby spaceCowboy Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm

how else can we observe international dates if we dont slip a few week day matches in?
Love the cluster of games in the summer.

However I believe the season should start in September. Due to the international break in early Oct, makes this preseason even longer. Screw this clear air rubbish. The crowds cant get any worse then last year.
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

However I believe the season should start in September. Due to the international break in early Oct, makes this preseason even longer. Screw this clear air rubbish. The crowds cant get any worse then last year.
We should see a earlier start next season with the addition of 2 more clubs
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 pm

I hope so, but I am not sure whether the FFA will make a sensible decision like that.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: 2018/19 Hyundai A-League fixtures

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 pm

I hope so, but I am not sure whether the FFA will make a sensible decision like that.
They may add 2 clubs but reduce the season to 22 games. Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

We need to get to 14 teams ASAP and have a 26 round season minimum. Each team plays twice, home and away. Simple and fair.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:47 pm

They may add 2 clubs but reduce the season to 22 games. Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

We need to get to 14 teams ASAP and have a 26 round season minimum. Each team plays twice, home and away. Simple and fair.
I cant see how clubs could operate with so few games and so little chance to manage a healthy turnover.with ticket sales.

Plus this would surely break any agreements made with foxtel who are so desperate for live sporting content.

Would not surprise me though if it happened lol.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm liking the fixture. I miss out on exactly zero home games this season, unless someone decides to get married on those match days...
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Start the season earlier.
The EPL starts on the 11th of August
The A-league starts on 19th of October.
If the A-league did not start so fucking late then there could be international breaks, a break for the Asian Cup and no midweek games.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Start the season earlier.
The EPL starts on the 11th of August
The A-league starts on 19th of October.
If the A-league did not start so fucking late then there could be international breaks, a break for the Asian Cup and no midweek games.
The aleague is not the epl.

The aleague is a small fish in a small pond
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 am

Where was it confirmed that the MV games are both at Hindmarsh?

My season ticket specified a seat at AO in additon to my usual seat at Hindy so expecting an AO game.

Great news if both are at the 'Marsh!!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 am

I cant see how clubs could operate with so few games and so little chance to manage a healthy turnover.with ticket sales.

Plus this would surely break any agreements made with foxtel who are so desperate for live sporting content.

Would not surprise me though if it happened lol.
I am pretty sure the minimum number of rounds per season is 27, not including cup games, for entry into the ACL. So for AFC requirements my guess is that we will see 33 round's next season.
Its anyone's guess if they will lengthen the season or just cram more games into the same time frame.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

Where was it confirmed that the MV games are both at Hindmarsh?

My season ticket specified a seat at AO in additon to my usual seat at Hindy so expecting an AO game.

Great news if both are at the 'Marsh!!
Confirmed here: https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/fixtures#!/t2309
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I'm moving to melbourne next year. Plenty of football to be had for me there. 2 games at aami against city. Love it. Might actually get a city membership just to get football fix sorted......or is that wrong?
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm moving to melbourne next year. Plenty of football to be had for me there. 2 games at aami against city. Love it. Might actually get a city membership just to get football fix sorted......or is that wrong?
Maybe, maybe not. As long as you wear full AUFC kit to every game it's ok I think.

At least you won't have to worry about crowds or not being able to find a seat if you join city...
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:15 pm

go watch a VPL side instead ... and of course Adelaide when we come to town!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”