Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

Postby bpowell454 Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm

A five year deal, free for Telstra mobile customers but can be purchased as a weekly, monthly or yearly subscription (not sure if it will work overseas?). Fantastic for those of us without Foxtel and I feel like most people would know somebody with a Telstra mobile account that doesn't use any of the digital features - I know my parents definitely don't and probably don't know that there are any additional features.

https://www.ffa.com.au/news/football-jo ... ly-telstra

The My Football Live App will include live streaming and full match replays of all Hyundai A-League games which will be made available as a live, fast and data-free inclusion for Telstra mobile customers.

The App will be free to download, with live matches being unlocked via the Telstra Live Pass. This live, fast and data free inclusion will be available to all Telstra mobile customers. Non-Telstra customers can purchase a $99.99 annual Live Pass, $16.99 monthly Live Pass, $4.99 weekly Live Pass.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Ive been crying out for this for years!

When foxsports and foxtell officially became separate companies it got my hopes up fir next season.

$99 a year for annual subsriptions including ffa cup games, not sure if Bein sports channels are included though.

Hioefully this get released in Apple TV app store.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Ok no Bein access, however current foxtel full subscription gives you access to bein sports app, maybe be a deal for the future?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 am

Looks like it's a mobile only thing. I've just read If it's the same as the NRL app they currently have, you need to turn off Wi-Fi for your first login which will confirm you are a Telstra mobile customer by using the 4G network. So no chance of using a family members login on a different device it seems.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

That is awesome if it will show all games live.

Current Telstra and Foxtel customer but will be canning Foxtel immediately.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Even non telstra members i feel may ditch foxtel and take up the $16 per month subscription during the aleague season and get their tv content from netflix
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Even non telstra members i feel may ditch foxtel and take up the $16 per month subscription during the aleague season and get their tv content from netflix

I doubt it.
This app is for mobile devices only, still require foxtel to watch on TV.
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I doubt it.
Foxtel Now, which is the mobile only subscription can be mirrored to chromecast or airplay/appleTV according to their website.

Its the Foxtel Go app which is an add on to any regular Foxtel subscription you cannot mirror. ( unless u have a pc and hdmi cable)

The current Foxsports mobile app allowed chromecast sharing for FFA cup matches.

So if they allow chromecast and Airplay to mirror content then it will be a game changer.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 pm

I doubt it.
Foxtel Now, which is the mobile only subscription can be mirrored to chromecast or airplay/appleTV according to their website.

Its the Foxtel Go app which is an add on to any regular Foxtel subscription you cannot mirror. ( unless u have a pc and hdmi cable)

The current Foxsports mobile app allowed chromecast sharing for FFA cup matches.

So if they allow chromecast and Airplay to mirror content then it will be a game changer.
My understanding of the way the NRL and AFL Telstra apps work, is that they do not allow chromecast or streaming. So restricted to viewing on mobile devices only.
We are UNITED, after all....
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat May 12, 2018 1:18 am

So, how much is this new partnership worth?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 am

It's going to be free for Telstra customers is my read.

And I guarantee there will be no chromecasting of the games from the app to the telly (it's part of the deal it's mobile only).

However, I have the AFL equivalent of this app which has the same limitations - can't be Chromecast to telly. However I have an android phone where you can mirror your entire phone screen to your Chromecast, then open the app which will show the game on the telly.

Although it's only standard definition but still does the job okay.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sat May 12, 2018 1:51 pm

I have a box called Telstra TV. It’s Telstra’s version of Apple TV. You can watch the AFL streaming etc on your tv using that. I expect ALeague will be on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun May 13, 2018 3:44 am

Does the FFA / (Australian Soccer) make any money out of this deal and if yes, where does it go?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun May 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Thats a good questions 7g it doesnt seem to have been mentioned in any media and all if us in Oz have looked past the financial benefit and looked at our own personal viewing options.

Given the foxtel-telstra partnership has ended and foxsports has been offloaded from foxtel becoming a separate business ( presumably foxsports is profitable while foxtel is going down the drain ). I would say it is more of a redistribution among the license holders rather than a completely new deal.

Thats only a guess though
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

Postby EdDog Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 pm

I have a box called Telstra TV. It’s Telstra’s version of Apple TV. You can watch the AFL streaming etc on your tv using that. I expect ALeague will be on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it in SD the Telstra Box?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”