Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

Postby sevengoals Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Thats a good questions 7g it doesnt seem to have been mentioned in any media and all if us in Oz have looked past the financial benefit and looked at our own personal viewing options.

Given the foxtel-telstra partnership has ended and foxsports has been offloaded from foxtel becoming a separate business ( presumably foxsports is profitable while foxtel is going down the drain ). I would say it is more of a redistribution among the license holders rather than a completely new deal.

Thats only a guess though

Thanks for your reply Shin.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Re: Telstra announced as official A-League digital partner

Postby double07 Mon May 21, 2018 11:54 am

That is awesome if it will show all games live.

Current Telstra and Foxtel customer but will be canning Foxtel immediately.
Even non telstra members i feel may ditch foxtel and take up the $16 per month subscription during the aleague season and get their tv content from netflix

I doubt it.
This app is for mobile devices only, still require foxtel to watch on TV.
Foxtel Now, which is the mobile only subscription can be mirrored to chromecast or airplay/appleTV according to their website.

Its the Foxtel Go app which is an add on to any regular Foxtel subscription you cannot mirror. ( unless u have a pc and hdmi cable)

The current Foxsports mobile app allowed chromecast sharing for FFA cup matches.

So if they allow chromecast and Airplay to mirror content then it will be a game changer.
My understanding of the way the NRL and AFL Telstra apps work, is that they do not allow chromecast or streaming. So restricted to viewing on mobile devices only.
I use the equivalent app for AFL and although technically it doesn't support chromecast there is a work around with Samsung devices that allows you to use Smart View to transmit whatever is on your screen to your chromecast - so you just blow up the video full screen and leave your screen running on your phone. Whether they fix this by the time the A-League one comes around remains to be seen but I'm sure where there's a will there's a way.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”