Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Elimination Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Elimination Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Reds4Life Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am

George is the best winger in the league, we have the 2nd best.

It won't take much to go to the next level, but we must sign players quick enough to get them here to learn the system.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Elimination Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 am

Sentiment on the forum has been fantastic in regard to the effort the guys put in, that game was anyones we were just unlucky.

Going forward its exciting times ahead. The owners have indicated they have more money to invest in the club than previous ownership ( ill beleive it when i see it).

Im interested what they will do for cavusavic, the guys was on a short term contract so we probably owe him nothing once gis contract expires. However the guy will not be able to play for 12 months at the twilight of his career.

The old aufc would probably be quite brutal in this situation, i wonder if aufc mk3 with offer him some kind of assistance going forward, i think it will be an indicator as to what kind of club aufc mk3 wants to be
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

Agreed that we played well and leave the season with some grounded reasons for hope for 2018/19.

Now it is on the NPL and to see which of our young cohort is ready to step up. They are playing well and Pasifique must have an eye on Blackwood's spot in the first team.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Im interested what they will do for cavusavic, the guys was on a short term contract so we probably owe him nothing once gis contract expires. However the guy will not be able to play for 12 months at the twilight of his career.

The old aufc would probably be quite brutal in this situation, i wonder if aufc mk3 with offer him some kind of assistance going forward, i think it will be an indicator as to what kind of club aufc mk3 wants to be
I'm interested to see what happens here too and was thinking about this last night. Depends on a lot of things I spose but I'd definitely like to see him playing at the club again if he's committed.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm

I think its unlikely he will return if next season we have a 4+1 visa rule. He realistically wont be fit until christmas.

Id like to think the club might may assist him with recovery even when not contracted to us, im not sure how given he will soon return home but this club has burnt so many bridges with previous players.

Its probably likely both the club and player have separate insurance providers that would take care of incident like this.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 am

Leave it to the insurance.
Give him the same in house rehab/support (not just medical, but personal) that we'd give our permanent players while he's here.
Once he returns home you'd hope one of his former clubs might be open to helping him in that way as well.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Committed to a night at the theatre with the missus ages ago. So missed the game :(

Watched the replay last night.
What a wonderful example of how exciting finals football can be. 90 mins of high tempo fairly played football.
The whole squad has nothing to be disappointed about and if it takes a miraculous goal like that to beat AU away from home in a final so be it.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”