Ryan Strain

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Ryan Strain

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm

He hasn't done much wrong as far as I can tell but he seems to have been relegated to permanent bench warmer. Or did I miss something and he's been injured ?
I love Tarek to bits, and as one of our GF winning team I always will, but it doesn't seem to make sense to be giving a guy game time when he's half way out the door when you've got a youngster on the sidelines who's recently signed up for 2 years. :?
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Re: Ryan Strain

Postby Jessesdad Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, I'd like to understand this. Strain was in our top 5 players every match he started and now we don't see him. Has to be a better option than Konsta in my opinion. Beautiful ball player, courageous and creative. I', not hoping he'd hurt but I am hoping there's a good reason. If it's an ego issue then fine, maybe Marco is pulling him into line. It's great to see Tarek healed and playing but he's not at his best.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:55 pm

I thought he looked absolutely gassed physically in the game at Brisbane a few weeks back (which I think is the last time he was in the team?). May be just a case of a young bloke having spent all his petrol tickets.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Kurz has mentioned previouy in press conferences about the physical strain on some of these young guys and that they aren't able to maintain playing at a high level week in week out. Maybe that is the case with Konsta, Strain, O'dog. Konsta played a few weeks then disappeared, strain plays a few, then O'doherty and now back to Konsta. Could be all part of the plan?
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 pm

I agree about the mental aspect.

We need to give them football but keep them hungry.

Kurz also mentioned he likes to promite youth but experience is more important at this end of the season.

For example wheb u play with the kids after the high of the newt win you can almost bet the following game would be flat.

I expect strain to feature heavily next year, its odoherty that im most interested in , rumour is he has signed elswhere so konsta was promoted
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

I trust Kurz to know when its time to rest our young players. He's a smart one is Marco. They'll all be champing at the bit, every single one of them, all used to playing in the system, all having proved they're good enough, all knowing they have to give their absolute best to stay in the team, all red hot and ready to go for the finals if selected.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm

I get what you're all saying about rotating the squad to get everyone game time and ready for finals, but Strain isn't being rotated. Since the Brisbane game where admittedly he was poor (and he had plenty of mates there) he got on 10 minutes from the end against City and hasn't even made the bench for the last 2 games. That's not rotation, that's being unceremoniously dropped, and undeservedly so imho. It can't be doing much for the lad's confidence.

But I guess you can't argue with the results. I just think it's strange that we are helping a WSW bound Elrich's recovery with game time instead of developing a potential first team regular for the next 2 seasons.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Selected on the bench for the PFA team of the year.

Congrats Ryan!
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:43 pm

Good luck Ryan Strain on your new overseas adventure!
All the best for the future!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Ryan also received his maiden Roos call up.

Congrats Ryan!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”