Taylor Regan answers your questions

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Taylor Regan answers your questions

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Ok guys, Reegs has answered every question submitted prior to last monday. If you enjoyed this please reach out and thank him on social media. Both Isa and Reegs have happily done this in their own free time for WATRS

1) Given your time in Malaysia, have you had a chance to read John Duerden's new book Lions and Tigers?

unfortunately I haven't read Johns book 'lions and tigers'. But I must say, when it comes to Asian football, John knows better then most.

2) Are there any differences between the football community in newcastle compared to adelaide?

I find there is a larger ethnic community here in adelaide and their passion and knowledge for football is arguably stronger. But having said that, Newcastle supporters love their local teams. The knights and jets are doing well now and it's brilliant for the region.

3) Who is the best player you have played against?

Best player is tough. We are talking about del Piero, David villa, David Beckham (oh wait he is the prettiest) ummmmm Kingsley Coman was arguably the hardest to play against.

4) What do the players think of the new ownership?

The new ownership is exciting for everyone I think. When something is new and fresh it is always exciting. But don't get me wrong, Greg griffen and the previous owners had their hearts in the right place. Greg often stood up to the FFA on behalf of all a-league clubs when other owners would sit quietly in the corner scared. I respect that.

5) What music would you play at AUFC if you controlled the stereo - and who should never be allowed near the music?

I am a big fan of country music, so the boys never let me control the music in the change rooms. But I travel to training with dzengis each day and he plays his Slovenian music........ it's a disaster!

6) Previous owners of the club have complained recruiting big name aussie players is near impossible for adelaide united because they refuse to relocate to adelaide. As a player, do you believe this to be true?

I find that very hard to believe. Adelaide is a brilliant city. I love it. And the football club has so much potential. Other players around the league talk about coopers stadium as the best atmosphere in the league. So attracting players here shouldn't be an issue.

7) which players or coaches have the worst case of white line fever and then turn into a completely different person after the game?

I think every professional football has whiteline fever. In this day and age you need to be a mongrel when you step on that pitch. It's our job, it's what pays our bills. There are no friends when you are on the pitch. Sometimes that means less mates after the whistle too. But you can't please everybody, and I'm a sore loser.

8) VAR, love it or hate it?

VAR....... not a fan personally.

9) Who is the worst player to room with and why?

Worst roomie is difficult because I'm generally with the good guys. But I would hate to room with Ben garuccio. I would never get in the bathroom.

10) Which highlight video have you replayed more, your goal against Melb Heart or your hit on Mitch Austin in this years FFA cup?

My goal against Melbourne heart was ugly. So I'm gonna have to say the CLEAN tackle on mitch.

11) Who is the best CB you have ever played alongside.

Difficult to name the best I have played alongside. But Ljubo Milicevic was a brilliant player and I loveable character. So I would probably say him.

12) Which weapon in the aleague’s arsenal poses the greatest threat to humanity?
-mark boznichs laugh looped for 24 hours
-The strong breeze that knocked over Rhys williams?
-A Taylor Regan square up tackle?

One of the most bizarre questions I have ever been asked. Unsure how to answer it hahaha.

13)Which aufc player do u enjoy tackling that little bit harder at training?

will tackle anyone who comes near me. I have made a career off tackling, so I like chasing the boys around everyday at training. Ben garuccio and Jordan O'doherty both have small man syndrome (angry kids) so I like to stir them up sometimes.

14) How much raw meat do you eat pre game, and what is your favourite cut of meat?

How much raw meat do I eat? Hahaha this question is asked by the same person that asked question 12?

15) What would your WWE name be?

Stone cold Reegs Austin

16) Is Baba real or just an intermittent hologram?

The big man Baba is alive and well. He will be back very soon we all hope.

17) Which youngster is the next big thing at Adelaide United ?

Lachlan brook is technically very very good, I think he could become a very good player. I am also a big fan of Jordan O'doherty. His determination is something you can't coach.

18) Where has the most select waves. Semaphore or Largs?

I love surfing. But I don't have a board here in adelaide and I keep hearing about sharks down south. But if there are any surfers out there that want to take me along next time they are heading south, let me know.

19 ) Which two Australian regions and which two existing clubs would you like to see enter an expanded A-league and why?

Expansion is really important. But we need to be smart with the next 2 franchises. In my honest opinion, I think whoever the FFA decide to put into the competition next, must have a purpose built football stadium with a capacity of 12,000 people. We need to create atmosphere like coopers. Wollongong for me is probably 1 place I think it could work. But Im not so sure about the second.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Taylor Regan answers your questions

Postby sevengoals Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Super!

Big thanks to everyone involved!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Awesome. What a legend.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Great work! I really enjoyed that!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 am

Very cool.

Incidentally I am in Singapore at the moment so will grab a copy of John Duerden's book for Reegs.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Any surfers thinking of taking up his offer ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:47 am

Any surfers thinking of taking up his offer ?3
Can any surfers answer my question?
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 am

I'll happily take T-Reegz for a surf.
Especially knowing that if there's a shark encounter, the shark is likely to come off 2nd best B)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”