ISAIAS questions answered!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

ISAIAS questions answered!!

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Huge thanks to Isa for his time and going in-depth with every question!

Please note there were emojis in most answers and for some reason are not transferring when cutting and pasting so please keep this in mind.

Any WATRS's users on Twitter please consider directly thanking him as his answers were top notch!

Who is the best coach/manager you've ever had?
- Mauricio Pochettino (Spurs coach) I had him as a coach in my season at Espanyol and he was obviously an amazing coach. He managed every single aspect of the team so well.

How has your role on the pitch changed from last year?

- I don’t think my role changed too much from last season. I have been playing similar roles since I arrive to Adelaide. Obviously every coach has different concepts and ideas but from my point of view, my role is very similar.

If you had to choose between walking over hot coals and being stuck in an elevator with kevin muscat what would you do ?
- I rather be with Muscat in the elevator... I reckon we will have a big discussion about a lot of things ...

Are you any closer in finding out if you are eligible to play for Australia at the world cup?
- Unfortunately I won’t be eligible for the World Cup. Even if I get my Australian passport before the World Cup I must be in the country for at least 5 years to represent the nacional team.
So I will miss it for a couple of weeks

would you rather fight one Ersan Gulum sized ant or 100 ant sized Ersan Gulum's?
- I’m a very pacific man and I won’t fight with Ersan in any sizes... he is half Turkish and very dangerous

Apart from the grand final, what is the most memorable game you have played for Adelaide?
- The atmosphere against Liverpool at Adelaide Oval was unreal!! But I like to play finals and win them so I choose the Cup Final against Perth Glory

If you weren't playing football, what do you think you'd be doing for a career?
- Before I start playing my profesional career as a footballer I was working as a plumber and electrician. I was really good in my young age and I enjoyed the job so probably I would still working in the same. (My dad is also a plumber)

do you have much interaction with other codes sporting stars? Eg. Adelaide crows or port adelaide. If so, on what level?
- No no really, I know a few of them but I don’t have a special relationship with them. I have no much time left with so many training and two kids

Will espanyol ever beat Barca again?
- I hope yes but I know is very difficult. Barcelona is one of the biggest clubs of the world, so every game against them is very hard.
I played the Catalonia derby against them in Camp Nou and we lost 2-0.... believe me that they are in another level

How do you rate the tapas scene in Adelaide?
- There are a few restaurant with a very good tapas in Adelaide but for me is hard to compare... the level of tapas in Spain is the best in the world. So good tapas in Adelaide, yes!! But no the same that Spanish tapas

When can we expect another GF style free kick?
- I hope very soon!!! I’m very anxious about the free kicks this season... we are not having much luck

who is the (non-Adelaide) A-League player you admire most, and why?
- Aaron Mooy!!! I was really impressed with him from my first season here in Adelaide. I remember me saying to Cirio, Aaron Mooy is the best player of the league... when he was playing at Western Sydney... I think I was right
He is so good, very intelligent and very complete footballer.

Gulum and regan enter the arena. only one man can leave. which is it?
- Taylor Regan!!! 100% sure about that

What do you think Football in Australia needs to do to go from the standard it is now. To the standard it is in Spain?
- The Australian football must spend more time and money in the development of academies. Then in the future you will have a much better players and a much better football structure in the country.
From my point of view there are a lot of football concepts that I worked when I was younger in Spain that some Australian senior player don’t even know about... with a better structure, better coaches, better pitches, more time with kids... more success in the future of football in the country. It’s only my opinion mate

Can you see yourself staying in Australia when you decide to stop playing?
- Yes, why not?? I’m really happy in Adelaide!! My Family is also very happy!!
The only concern is about the opportunities I will receive when I finish my career. I would love to be involve in football clubs. I would love to be a coach also. So when I finish my career I will have a look the best opportunity for me and my family to keep involve with football.

Are our local boys (McGree, O'Doherty, Strain Kamau etc) better off staying in the A-League or heading to Europe at a young age?
- I reckon they should have first a few good seasons here before they jump to Europe. They should go there with a bit more of experience. There is a different world, much more difficult and with much harder competition. You must be a mature player before you go there in my opinion, otherwise they will jump over you very easy!!! Difficult adaptation and long squads also don’t help to success in early age in there.

What does Marco do differently than Josep and Guillermo, as a coach?
- He is much strict than them. He likes that the players is fully fit for the games. He also pay a lot of attention to recovery after the games. They are different, with different ideas. But as I said before, is not an idea better than other. Both ideas are brilliant, just different.

Who is the most difficult player you have played against?
- Messi and Iniesta. I was really impressed about the big difference between them and myself. I was very jealous because I don’t have there skills or there quality

Thanks for your massive support!! I really appreciate it mate!!
Isaias
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: ISAIAS questions answered!!

Postby blahblah Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Great responses, particularly the one about Gulum!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Absolute legend.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 pm

It's not often that an essentially defensive player in a team is my favourite (I used to be a striker) - but Isaias is just so good, as a player and as a person, that I can't help but admire him.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 pm

He is the best I have seen at this club. No doubt in my mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks Isa.

My favourite player too.

What a player!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Thanks for organising the Q&A, and thanks to Isaias for the taking the time to answer them!

Top stuff, and a few of the answers gave me a hearty chuckle too.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am

I thought it was interesting when isa said marco like his players to be fit but he also pays alot of attention to recovery.

The higher work loads that kurz prefers is clearly only half the story given he pays particular attention also to recovery

Kurz knows what he is doing
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Super!
Thanks to Isaias for the great answers and and thanks to the members for their thoughtful questions.
And to all involved well done!

Who's next?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”