New owners?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: New owners?

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:46 pm

^that info actually came from vals last article, he also noted a link with marveggio
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedRebel
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby RedRebel Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Val has had quite a sheen of professionalism and enthusiasm about him over the last number of weeks.
Good to see but just highlights how on earth he actually maintained his job previously. Only in Adelaide and in the Sokkah, he'd have been out of a job in any other stream of 'journalism'.
Damo

Postby Damo Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 pm

RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 am

Ha, like all the greats he's launched from doing sound engineering at the SAE early on.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 am

^that info actually came from vals last article, he also noted a link with marveggio
An article from 2 years ago http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-12/a ... ns/7408250

Gives some more insight into Marveggio.

I don't think we are rich now, but at least we have some football people running the club.
We are UNITED, after all....
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am

An article from 2 years ago http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-12/a ... ns/7408250

I don't think we are rich now, but at least we have some football people running the club.
I think we have more cash than we did 4 days ago. But the 2nd point is key, you need people who have an idea of how to run sporting organisations as well as business acumen.

But there's also a caveat, the Australian sporting landscape is different to what these guys are used to. This isn't the biggest sport in the country, it's not even the biggest sport in the season. There's much more risk here than there is in Europe and Asia.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 pm

There's much more risk here than there is in Europe and Asia.
I'd probably argue against that. For much of SE and Central Asia the owners fancy themselves as game-day managers and have a heavy hand in the on-field work which inevitably ends in grief. In China there is the expectation that investments will result in solid returns, particularly political and business networking returns, which adds a different risk profile to the business.

Adelaide is operating in a salary capped league, in a state that has a long history in the game and is a club whose primary management philosophy is to operate in the black. There are not a lot of hidden surprises when it comes to A-League clubs so due diligence is a relatively simple affair.

The primary issue for me is our lack of underage teams which precludes us from obtaining an AFC Club Licence (at least that is what I suspect is the reason; there may be others). The new owners will need to address this with the FFSA ASAP if we are to play in the ACL.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Yep not as rich as city but richer than Monday is the best way to sum it up IMO.

I hope not a whole lot changes to be totally honest. I like our grassroots approach to promoting local talent, this club has produced so much over the years!

If we can just add one or two truly class players to our squad year on year that will bring the casuals in and entertained while being more proactive in keeping our own products ( obviously difficult in a salary capped league ) I think 99% of long suffering AUFC fans will be happy indeed. This club has always been a striker or 10 away from consistently winning trophies.

The voice from the old regime often made fans feel like they were supporting an AFL franchise rather than a football club that echoes this cities deep football culture and anyone who felt differently were knocked down a peg by the club. We pandered to the casual AFL crowds rather than focus on attracting the many football fans sitting idol in their living rooms.

Kurz has built something impressive with the little he has had this season, I am sure he has an eye to next season to build on and make a genuine play for trophies
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Griffin said he would contemplate becoming involved in a second A-League club in SA only if Football Federation Australia allowed the competition to be run independently.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 37651e540f
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:07 pm

I can only hope that with this change in ownership comes a new wave of optimism and a record membership next season. All this talk of a new stadium wont happen but hopefully large crowds can stoke the fire a little.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm

First things first.

Keep Kurz and stop the inevitable advances of Sydney FC
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm

I wonder what happens to the castle tavern ?

It was never an asset of aufc but adelaide united members club.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Kinda suss that we still know very little about who our new owners actually are.
we da best
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: RE: Re: New owners?

Postby mcjules Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Kinda suss that we still know very little about who our new owners actually are.
Agreed. I hope when Piet turns up we learn a hell of a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:11 pm

It depends.

They may want to take a low key approach and let this season play out.

I do agree though, even an email from the new management group about their plans for the club going forward would have been nice. I think a level of skepticism is a trait of being a long time aufc fan lol.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”