Preview: Roar v AUFC, 3/3/18

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Preview: Roar v AUFC, 3/3/18

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm

it was a little humid but nothing compared to the last few weeks. I can understand it would have been an issue for our boys.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:31 pm

We outplayed them in the second half. Can’t use the heat as an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 pm

they let us outplay them. They sat back and killed a lot of time off the clock. Kicking the ball away, deliberate throw in that didnt come back in play. Fbk missing the ball when passed to him for the corner. Each sub ran to the far side of the pitch and sat down injured then had the long limp off. I was amazed the ref never gave them a talking to.
Again not that we would have scored if we played another 90 mins.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 am

Woops, no jamboree, it will be back to normal next week when I'm back in Austria.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:12 am

Shocking game. Blackwood is just not a league standard. We just don’t look like we can score.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:18 am

Now that other squads are getting serious with finals looming, AU is looking like a youth team with a few senior players - which is what it is.
The midfield is light on bar Adlung and ISA and the wingers/ crossing is diabolical. Garruccio is a joke on that front and Kitto has completely lost his mojo. As for Mileusnic yep he is fast but what else???
As for Blackwood, does he do anything bar fall over his own feet / miss the ball when in good positions ? Our front third has been a joke all season and not convinced that Dzengis will fix that, not when there is no one that can take a corner or cross the ball to advantage.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 am

It was a weird feeling leaving the game last night. On the train a brisbane supporter felt sorry for me as we talked about the game. A club in turmoil and below us on the ladder felt sorry for me. Even they can see we are in trouble on the pitch. It gave me a looming feeling we are about to drop like a stone and lose most of our remaining games.
All the optimism about acl impacting mvfc and us jumoing them has not happened. They just trounced us and wont look back. Wsw getting some mojo and will probably jump us and now instead of looking up at city we are looking back at perth and brisbane trying to hold them off.
The next 3 home games we have to get 6 points from atleast. If we lose two of them we are cooked. We wont beat sfc or wsw to finish the season.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Anyone else notice in the last 30 seconds or so Kitto was just strolling down the sideline with his back to the play.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:33 pm

Kitto, Mileusnic, Blackwood, Garuccio and Strain were the standouts for me last night, not good enough, started the season well and have shown glimpses of what they are capable of but none of them are starters IMO. I dont think any of them would be a starter at any other HAL club.

Blackwood has no presence, sure he's scored a few lately but he never looks likely to score, it's always a nice surprise.
Kitto does nothing and has no impact, his crossing is as bad as Garuccio's.
Mileusnic is fast but does nothing else, if you cant cross or cant put away a one on one like that on the counter then there is no point in being fast.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 am

Our front third has been a joke all season and not convinced that Dzengis will fix that, not when there is no one that can take a corner or cross the ball to advantage.
I've been saying this for years. The club doesn't need a striker most, they need quality midfielders who can play the ball into the area to advantage.
I seriously can't remember the last time an AU player had the ability to provide the ball to a player in the area who was then able to take a shot on a consistent basis.
I've always felt that if AU signed Berisha or Fornaroli they too would struggle to score as often as they do now. Someone like Bobo who feeds of the quality Sydney provide him would barely see the ball.

AU needs to spend serious money on a quality play maker who can do this. IMO Blackwood has the ability to score far more often than he does. He is just starved of opportunities generally which places more pressure on the one time a match he is in on goal. In the CCM game AU was pushing hard for the win and he was provided the ball in dangerous areas, as a result he took one of his chances.
Everyone says AU needs a clinical striker. But you look at the goal scoring stats and then look at the shots taken stats. Generally those two numbers link up pretty closely. The more tickets you buy, the better your chances of winning. If a side can get a player in a position to take 3-4 effective shots every game chances are they will score out of at least 1 of those shots.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Agree stuckey

Strikers are only as good as the service they are given.

Even messi often struggles for argentina without a midfield to match his ability
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Last creative midfielder to consistently supply forwards inside the box = Carrusca, so not that long ago. Before him, Flores.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Our front third has been a joke all season and not convinced that Dzengis will fix that, not when there is no one that can take a corner or cross the ball to advantage.
I've been saying this for years. The club doesn't need a striker most, they need quality midfielders who can play the ball into the area to advantage.
I seriously can't remember the last time an AU player had the ability to provide the ball to a player in the area who was then able to take a shot on a consistent basis.
I've always felt that if AU signed Berisha or Fornaroli they too would struggle to score as often as they do now. Someone like Bobo who feeds of the quality Sydney provide him would barely see the ball.

AU needs to spend serious money on a quality play maker who can do this. IMO Blackwood has the ability to score far more often than he does. He is just starved of opportunities generally which places more pressure on the one time a match he is in on goal. In the CCM game AU was pushing hard for the win and he was provided the ball in dangerous areas, as a result he took one of his chances.
Everyone says AU needs a clinical striker. But you look at the goal scoring stats and then look at the shots taken stats. Generally those two numbers link up pretty closely. The more tickets you buy, the better your chances of winning. If a side can get a player in a position to take 3-4 effective shots every game chances are they will score out of at least 1 of those shots.
We've had the players in the past but the last couple of years it's been the biggest area of concern for me.

Thats where the new Chinese money has to go (if indeed they buy us out)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 am

Last creative midfielder to consistently supply forwards inside the box = Carrusca, so not that long ago. Before him, Flores.
How many assists did Carrusca provide in his last season with the club?
Let me give you a hint. It starts with bugger and ends with all! :D

That was exactly my beef with him. He was damn entertaining but rarely provided anything to our forwards.
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 am

It is frustrating to think about how our season may have panned out if Matmour had stayed and Absolonsen and Diawara had stayed unijured. The club has recruited the players needed it's just those players havent played SFA this season.

Hopefully we can stay in finals contention now and get a full fit squad to finish of the season as i think we have enough quality to push the top teams if they aren't suspended or injured.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”