2018 NPL

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Kristijan
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: 2018 NPL

Postby Kristijan Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:57 pm

3-1 win over Comets. Armiento scored twice, pity there will never be a place for him in the senior team. Gomulka the other scorer.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 am

3-1 win over Comets. Armiento scored twice, pity there will never be a place for him in the senior team. Gomulka the other scorer.
Who knows what the future holds for these players.
If he keeps banging them in and training hard he will get his chance.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am

Gee you're a picture of positivity.

The kid will play senior games this year, particularly when injuries hit. He has YEARS in front of him.
Kristijan
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby Kristijan Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 am

Gee you're a picture of positivity.

The kid will play senior games this year, particularly when injuries hit. He has YEARS in front of him.
I am extremely positive about what the NPL side is doing, it is excellent. The team has had to endure a lot of changes due to players involvement with the senior team, especially recently when players were on the end of season break yet it has continued to perform at a high level. The team has now received a boost with the return of Brook and others to the team. I think they are a decent chance to win the whole thing, not favourites, but they can beat every team.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 am

I agree. He has only just turned 19 and if he shows enough as an attacking mid he will get his chance.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:01 pm

So it is Metro Stars on the 18th then. The journey continues.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am

I live close to Santos so was hoping to take my 18 month old along for her first football game. Naturally she had other plans and refused to sleep during the day so that ruined any chance of getting there. Looks like it was a great game for the lads. Sad I missed it.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 am

So it appears Olympic have filed a complaint that Metro had a name on their team sheet that, whilst not ticked, was not crossed out (the player was not a part of the match day squad). We could be playing Olympic which would be bit of a pity as Metro are the better side. I dare say FFSA will make a decision soon as they don't have much time to work with.

The AUFC Reserves are also in the finals after topping the table by goal difference (1-5 win over Para Hills on the last day got them over the line). Any idea as to who they are playing this weekend?
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am

I live close to Santos so was hoping to take my 18 month old along for her first football game. Naturally she had other plans and refused to sleep during the day so that ruined any chance of getting there. Looks like it was a great game for the lads. Sad I missed it.
Hah, the best laid plans :) It would have made for an easy day out with the little one as well.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NPL

Postby EdDog Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 pm

So it appears Olympic have filed a complaint that Metro had a name on their team sheet that, whilst not ticked, was not crossed out (the player was not a part of the match day squad). We could be playing Olympic which would be bit of a pity as Metro are the better side. I dare say FFSA will make a decision soon as they don't have much time to work with.

The AUFC Reserves are also in the finals after topping the table by goal difference (1-5 win over Para Hills on the last day got them over the line). Any idea as to who they are playing this weekend?
FFSA ruled in favour of Metro Stars so we play them.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 am

Good news! It seemed a bit of a technicality that may or may not stand up in court (the definition of "listed"). In all a sensible ruling and now both teams can get down to planning for the match.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Hah, the best laid plans :) It would have made for an easy day out with the little one as well.
There is a couple of earlier HAL games this season so hopefully she doesn't foil those plans too!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”