Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

spaceCowboy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:06 pm

One bad game doesnt make a bad season.

Hate losing to Victory, but they were the better team tonight. They were fired up after a trashing in China and we were flat.

It is true what Kurz said after the game. The younger players find it hard to backup after a tough fight the week before. Same thing happened after holding Sydney to a 0-0 draw, then we got thrashed by City.

One to forget with not many positives, but the boys will bounce back next week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We are UNITED, after all....
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Fark, it reads like a horror story.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 am

One bad game doesnt make a bad season.

Hate losing to Victory, but they were the better team tonight. They were fired up after a trashing in China and we were flat.

It is true what Kurz said after the game. The younger players find it hard to backup after a tough fight the week before. Same thing happened after holding Sydney to a 0-0 draw, then we got thrashed by City.

One to forget with not many positives, but the boys will bounce back next week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Totally agree with this.

Youth will always have eratic highs and lows. Its unreasonable to expect otherwise.

The older players may take slightly linger to recover from a physically stressfull matcg while youth will struggle to recover from a particularly taxing game emotionally.

Honestly we are equal 4th and baba matmour and absa who all must in the top 4 or 5 hghest earners in the squad have rarely been sighted on the pitch. Plus var and some terrible luck and you have to wonder how have we avoided the spoon
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:05 am

By the way, Rhys Williams theatrical collapse after Dzengis touched his face....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:24 am

By the way, Rhys Williams theatrical collapse after Dzengis touched his face....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This. I really think he has lost the plot going to the tards. He has become a thug and now a diver too.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

An earlier comment on this thread said the one who retaliates always gets the (red) card.
This is how it should be and usually is .... except ....

Regan foul on Berisha, ref rightly blows for the foul, Berisha reacts by grabbing Regans shirt, shoving him and leaning into him with his knees (I couldn't tell if he actually kicked him as well) while he's on the ground .... Regan gets up and into Berisha's face, but doesn't touch him, Berisha shoves him in the chest .... it all blows up with players coming in from everywhere .... nothing .... Where is Berisha's yellow card for retaliating and initiating a melee?

Dzengis foul on Williams, ref rightly blows for the foul .... Williams gets up steps towards Dzengis and gives him a big two handed shove in the chest .... where is Williams' yellow card for retaliating and escalating the situation to the point where a player was sent off
(Note: correct red card for Dzengis, despite Williams diving)

Our players could play "smarter".
Eg Regan when Berisha retaliates could start rolling around on the ground as though Berisha has just about killed him? Or Dzengis could dive over backwards when Williams pushes him? That's what the ref is encouraging and rewarding.

But that's not what I want to see. Our club has a higher standard than that.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:57 am

Just watched the replay. Fark. What a shit game. Garuccio, Kitto and Mileusnic all need some bench.

Kitto is completely out of the form he was in that secured his spot.
Garuccio can do everything right with the ball but his passing and crossing is fucking woeful.
Mileusnic seems to be missing out of every game we play against a top 6 team. Although I think Broxham obstructed him about 3 times, it's only Leigh fucking Broxham.

Still haven't replaced Matmour, the downfall of performing OK without him?
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:03 am

Dzengis apologies While Rhys goes full Barnaby on it and doubles down. Difference between the clubs.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 am

An earlier comment on this thread said the one who retaliates always gets the (red) card.
This is how it should be and usually is .... except ....

Regan foul on Berisha, ref rightly blows for the foul, Berisha reacts by grabbing Regans shirt, shoving him and leaning into him with his knees (I couldn't tell if he actually kicked him as well) while he's on the ground .... Regan gets up and into Berisha's face, but doesn't touch him, Berisha shoves him in the chest .... it all blows up with players coming in from everywhere .... nothing .... Where is Berisha's yellow card for retaliating and initiating a melee?

Dzengis foul on Williams, ref rightly blows for the foul .... Williams gets up steps towards Dzengis and gives him a big two handed shove in the chest .... where is Williams' yellow card for retaliating and escalating the situation to the point where a player was sent off
(Note: correct red card for Dzengis, despite Williams diving)

Our players could play "smarter".
Eg Regan when Berisha retaliates could start rolling around on the ground as though Berisha has just about killed him? Or Dzengis could dive over backwards when Williams pushes him? That's what the ref is encouraging and rewarding.

But that's not what I want to see. Our club has a higher standard than that.
Totally agree. It was Williams who retaliated with an act of violence. It goes unpunished. Dzengis rightly gets a red but the ref is rewarding play acting and diving. If you keep your feet the refs just separate and on we go. Dive and it’s a red.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 am

Im totally ok with dzengis recieving a red IF this consistently a red.

However the whole incident was totally inconsistent in that williams pushed with far more intent and gusto while dzengas was getting up both really deserved yellows nothing more imo.

The things that had me cringing even more was the ref put his hands on dzengis and ushered him away . The ref gives the red and dzengis puts his hand on the refs wrist to get his attention and the ref freaks out.

Even elsey who was in the area gave the ref a crazy look as if to say calm down buddy he isnt attacking you.

The whole incident rewards dirty play of victory, the message is if you can man handle an opponent and get him to retaliate you win.

I just know if a different team does the same thing its considered handbags and play goes on. The inconsistencies are terrible.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:06 pm

He posted at 2:44am. Conscience.

ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Mvfc get away with all sorts week in week out so they will never change. Just hope city destroy them next week
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Should have been a 2nd yellow for Williams.
First for going through Blackwood 5 seconds before the Melbourne goal, second for the shove & the theatrics... and that's aside from all the usual niggle.
Checked the stats after the game and he didn't even get one yellow :?

We were rubbish for most of the game, but we were the better team before the first goal. Cop a clear refereeing error and goal like that & the heads dropped immediately. After last week you could see the players going 'not again'.

On Dzengis, maybe a red card but in context it was a split second instinctive reaction to getting shoved hard in the chest.

Did we deserve to get any points out of that game? Probably not. Did we get shafted by shitty refereeing and Rhys Williams' thuggery yet again? Absolutely.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Just rewatched the Williams / Cavusevic incident and I retract my statement that it might have been a red. Yellow card apiece.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”