Boycott Shaun Evans Games

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ozisnowman
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Boycott Shaun Evans Games

Postby ozisnowman Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm

We should start boycotting games refereed by referees like Shaun Evans who is sub standard. That guy doesn’t belong in state league let alone A-League. Think this crap will continue until FFA are stripped of A-League Control.

We need to send message that shit refereeing will NOT be tolerated.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Boycott Shaun Evans Games

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 am

I guess its a case of beggars can't be choosers. The standard of refereeing in this country has been low for a very long time. I know there are full time refs out there. I'm not sure who they are these days. I presume Chris Beath is one. Who I think is a good example of the system. He was for sometime quite poor. But he was allowed time to develop and now I feel he's probably the best referee we have. (I'm not saying he's perfect but he generally has a good level of control over a match, and isn't usually suckered into dumb calls by clever players like most of the others are). So I think like most players, refs need time to develop and get up to speed with the HAL as refereeing NPL doesn't appear to be enough to get refs ready.
If you look at most referees they are generally less than 50 games into their careers. The main problem is that once a ref hits the age of about 30 they are really at a cross roads of their life when many have family commitments and the level of pay isn't a massive draw card compared to most other careers out there. So many walk away just when they are getting to a decent level of experience. So for refs to improve far more resources need to be thrown at them to keep the good ones in their positions for longer as well as making it more lucrative to be a ref which would create more competition for refereeing positions in which case (presumably) the (Matt) Cream will rise to the top!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 am

People are already walking away from the aleague in numbers for various reasons

If they have not already got the message the overall standard of the league needs attention then they never will.

The last time things were this stale ben buckley was running the show.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 am

We have a couple of poor referees at the moment, but that ranks pretty low in my list of priorities for the FFA to address.
I think the FFA have had their eye off the ball for a little while. The league needs massive promotion to revive the slump in attendance.
However, I still much prefer the FFA in charge rather than the A-league clubs.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm

His bias is obvious. his incompetence is obvious. the ffa hate greg griffin so shaun evans will continue to ref our games
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 pm

His bias is obvious. his incompetence is obvious. the ffa hate greg griffin so shaun evans will continue to ref our games
I was honestly shocked he gave the red as gulum seems like “a good guy” lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Upon reflection I think there probably was a foul on the CCM player. Last man so possibly red but not definitely a goal scoring opportunity.

I was livid at the time but had the shoe been on the other foot I would have expected a red.

I don't know if there is any bias towards us, rather just incompetence.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm

it's the other errors though. The clear handball from hoole before the free kick that led to the goal. Shaun evans was 3 metres away woth an unobstructed view. Then the clear high foot on isais on the edge of the box again unobstructed then later he called a high foot against us.
The fact he carded isais 10 minutes in due to two fouls yet melling ran rampant breaking down attacks. He carded Kurz for questioning him yet has never carded a coach before?
If anyone thinks that he does not have a chip on his shoulder after aufc requested he never ref one of our games again, you have got to be blind.
The human ego and natural bias is impossible to ignore. We all have ego, we all have biases. Shaun evans included.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Boycott Shaun Evans Games

Postby bpowell454 Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 pm

it's the other errors though. The clear handball from hoole before the free kick that led to the goal. Shaun evans was 3 metres away woth an unobstructed view. Then the clear high foot on isais on the edge of the box again unobstructed then later he called a high foot against us.
The fact he carded isais 10 minutes in due to two fouls yet melling ran rampant breaking down attacks. He carded Kurz for questioning him yet has never carded a coach before?
If anyone thinks that he does not have a chip on his shoulder after aufc requested he never ref one of our games again, you have got to be blind.
The human ego and natural bias is impossible to ignore. We all have ego, we all have biases. Shaun evans included.
Agree with all above. I think we also had at least one really soft yellow card but it took a really hard foul for any CCM players to be punished.

It may have been a red but in that situation, with the VAR now at the refs disposal, he could of waited to see what the VAR suggested. Once Gulum was in the tunnel there was no coming back, even if VAR saw no contact 5 mins later, can they bring a player out of the shower and back onto the pitch?

Edit- sorry I must of been thinking of Isaias' card too.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 am

Earlier this season a player had the red card over turned and they came back from the tunnel, it was a Bundesliga game though which means there were competent officials on duty. That is the major problem for Australia, the match officials are generally rubbish. Evans has really never been good and still is not after a few years and now a full time referee. That fact alone probably explains why officiating is a mess in this country, whoever made him full time needs to sacked!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

I am not sure if boycotting games officiated by Shaun Evans is going to have any impact beyond making it more difficult for the club to break-even.

The officiating isn't great, however grumbling about the quality of referees appears something of a constant regardless of the quality of the refs.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 pm

I’d rather turn up and really let Shaun Evans know how I feel in no uncertain terms.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 pm

I’d rather turn up and really let Shaun Evans know how I feel in no uncertain terms.
Agreed. let loose on him (within reason) make him uncomfortable and hate venturing away from melbourne.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”