Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bruuuuuuuuce
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Start Blackwood wide and Kitto bench next week imo. Unless Dzengis isn't fit to start.
Bruuuuuuuuce

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 pm

How much is Kurz going to get fined for what he just said hahaha
As much as Merrick id say
What did he say?
It was good to come back when it was 10 against 12.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:42 pm

What did he say?
He apparently said

We did well to come back 10 vs 12
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Fuck Shaun Evans
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm

He has scored a few goals and looked better out wide but Blackwood just doesnt have the agility to cut it at this level.
Send him on a bloody pilates course or something.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:59 pm

What did he say?
He apparently said

We did well to come back 10 vs 12
I take his point but the behaviour of Kurz and Gulum really isn't dignified, the captain does it most weeks as well.
Griffin, Isiais, Kurz don't present great optics for the club IMO.

Was a poor ref tonight granted.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Ref had a shocker.
Very poor start by us.
Great comeback and were the most likely to get a winner.

Shhh, say it softly (I've only seen it live), but it looked like a fair enough red card from where I was sitting. The CCM player was through and it looked like Gulum gave him a little nudge.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Ref had a shocker.
Very poor start by us.

Shhh, say it softly (I've only seen it live), but it looked like a fair enough red card from where I was sitting. The CCM player was through and it looked like Gulum gave him a little nudge.
It looked a red on first viewing but looking at the replays, there was minimal contact and Buhagiar probably should've got a yellow for simulation.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:48 pm

What a comeback from the boys! Even with Evans screwing us like usual, we were all over them and we probably should've won. Adlung was outstanding.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 pm

I feel like this is the most resilient group since 08/09 by far.

They work hard, are hungry and are lead by a fantastic leader of men in Kurz.

Given our injuries, var and officiating shambles and general bad luck this season its an absolute credit to kurz that he has steered the ship the way he has with such limited resources.

Missed opportunity for 3 points yes, but big picture says top four is an uncredible result and something to build on goung forward
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 pm

Given our injuries, var and officiating shambles and general bad luck this season its an absolute credit to kurz that he has steered the ship the way he has with such limited resources.

Missed opportunity for 3 points yes, but big picture says top four is an uncredible result and something to build on goung forward
Agree with every word. What incredible fight from this wonderful team. There is something in this team that noone expected - a total dedication to Marco Kurz. The players would clearly die in the trenches for him and there can be no greater compliment for any sports coach in any code. He brings out the very best in his players and the result is that this AUFC fight and fight and fight.

I was at the match with my daughters and at the 60 minute mark nearly said to them that we should leave early to avoid the traffic. I could see Genghis warming up, though, clearly being readied to come on and held off leaving, thinking that I would watch 10 minutes of him and then head home. Thirty minutes later, we were 2 - 2, Genghis and Strain had nearly scored a third and my daughters were screaming at everything. What an incredible final 30 minutes.

Garuccio has been criticised by others in these pages in the past, but tonight he played the best match that I have ever seen him play and his touches were frequently worthy of Isaias. I hope that we can keep him - and, of course, Elsey too. Adlung had a blinder and held the midfield together when Isa was being hacked down or pushed over by the Central Coast Diving and Kicking First XI. We have the core of a really first class team here.

Every single one of the boys deserved a 'mentioned in despatches' tonight, but really this is Kurz's 'moral victory'. As much as I loved Gomby - and still do - I think it is indisputable that Marco Kurz is the best coach that we have ever had. Imagine what he could do with a team that had Johan and Baba fully fit.

Next week, if City manage to lose and we can beat the Filth away, which we have already done once this season, then we are within a point of third. This is getting better and better every week.
Last edited by RedTide on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:10 am

I quite liked us playing with two strikers - Blackwood looked really sharp and lively when allowed to run loose out wide.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 am

Agree with every word. What incredible fight from this wonderful team. There is something in this team that noone expected - a total dedication to Marco Kurz. The players would clearly die in the trenches for him and there can be no greater compliment for any sports coach in any code. He brings out the very best in his players and the result is that this AUFC fight and fight and fight.

I was at the match with my daughters and at the 60 minute mark nearly said to them that we should leave early to avoid the traffic. I could see Genghis warming up, though, clearly being readied to come on and held off leaving, thinking that I would watch 10 minutes of him and then head home. Thirty minutes later, we were 2 - 2, Genghis and Strain had nearly scored a third and my daughters were screaming at everything. What an incredible final 30 minutes.

Garuccio has been criticised by others in these pages in the past, but tonight he played the best match that I have ever seen him play and his touches were frequently worthy of Isaias. I hope that we can keep him - and, of course, Elsey too. Adlung had a blinder and held the midfield together when Isa was being hacked down or pushed over by the Central Coast Diving and Kicking First XI. We have the core of a really first class team here.

Every single one of the boys deserved a 'mentioned in despatches' tonight, but really this is Kurz's 'moral victory'. As much as I loved Gomby - and still do - I think it is indisputable that Marco Kurz is the best coach that we have ever had. Imagine what he could do with a team that had Johan and Baba fully fit.

Next week, if City manage to lose and we can beat the Filth away, which we have already done once this season, then we are within a point of third. This is getting better and better every week.
Its way to early to start calling him our best ever manager, we still could finish outside the 6.

However i think Kurz is the best fit for a club like ours that we have ever had.

The spanish era was amazing but imo probably better suited to the bigger clubs who are willing to spend the money on those special players. Kurz on the other hand is still committed to playing good football just is a little bit more pragmatic and has that element of “mongrel” that just wont quit which totally suits a smaller club like ours.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Ref had a shocker.
Very poor start by us.

It looked a red on first viewing but looking at the replays, there was minimal contact and Buhagiar probably should've got a yellow for simulation.
It was a beautifully timed dive that relied on the defender putting his hands on him - which there is no reason to do. It was SOFT but an experienced defender should not be doing that as it simply asks the attacking player to go to ground. If VAR had been called on I very much doubt they'd have overturned the decision for anything 'obvious'. That being said, the referee was so incredibly poor that it makes you wonder why we bother turning up. Inconsistent, biased, stubborn and half-blind, apparently. Luckily he had assistants just as bad so they could all have a beer later and tell themselves they did a good job. The 8000 people at the ground who disagreed were obviously just stupid. But it has been this way virtually all season so I can't see change coming.

But, as has been said, what a last 30 mins!!! Bloody great night at Hindmarsh and a long-term memory to put away of a team that has heart and character. If only Absolonsen was fit to contribute we'd be even better. Love the Marrone/Strain combo.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Great character shown by the team! They have that never say die attitude and they run hard for 90 min. This is Kurz's team and they play for him and each other. I'm loving it! Well done United!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”