Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:36 pm

I feel like blackwood has shown enough for us to make him first choice striker above baba ( when fit)

Yes, he is still a work in progress but he has shown to be very strong on the ball during hold up play and has a good dose of speed and agility for a big guy.

He can only get better from here and with better service ( how about a farking 10 aufc!!? ) he will be even better.

Move baba on at seasons end, keep stamatelopolis and blackwood , use the money for a classy 10.

Our front third is more than good enough its that defenders know the chances of a killer ball coming in from a creative mid are non existent, if we had that element in our game we would be top 2
I appreciate your opinion but I honestly I just don't see it. To me he seems lazy off the ball and generally unfit. He's got good height which he doesn't seem to use but he isn't quick. Any other CB pairing than yesterday (old man Durante and 1st game back Paracki) would have caught him. He's a good backup but not good enough to start every game in a HAL team.

I don't think Baba is the answer either. We need a RW, a 10 and a 9 in my opinion.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Put it this way, he is showing more with little service than Bruce did with similar poor service. Once we were able to give bruce the ball in the right moments he really lit it up.

Link the midfield with the front third and give him game time and i think he will become an asset.

Im not saying blackwood is the next berisha, but we can build an attack around
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:41 pm

I feel like blackwood has shown enough for us to make him first choice striker above baba ( when fit)

Yes, he is still a work in progress but he has shown to be very strong on the ball during hold up play and has a good dose of speed and agility for a big guy.

He can only get better from here and with better service ( how about a farking 10 aufc!!? ) he will be even better.

Move baba on at seasons end, keep stamatelopolis and blackwood , use the money for a classy 10.

Our front third is more than good enough its that defenders know the chances of a killer ball coming in from a creative mid are non existent, if we had that element in our game we would be top 2
I appreciate your opinion but I honestly I just don't see it. To me he seems lazy off the ball and generally unfit. He's got good height which he doesn't seem to use but he isn't quick. Any other CB pairing than yesterday (old man Durante and 1st game back Paracki) would have caught him. He's a good backup but not good enough to start every game in a HAL team.

I don't think Baba is the answer either. We need a RW, a 10 and a 9 in my opinion.
I agree, Blackwood is probably annoyed that Sydney let him go, or gave him the boot. He's far from being a consistent starter. He's a good # 9 from the '70's style.
He can hold the ball up, but he's not an opportunist who lurks on the 5 yard line,banging in loose balls, but he is greedy ( A few weeks ago he tried to head a ball which was too high, the sad thing is that Elsey was behind him & would of hammered it home )
We really need another Rech and Blackwood is nowhere near that!
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:11 pm

I’m Greg Griffin and this is what I’m thinking:

1. We Probably won’t win the plate this year, it’s Sydney’s to take.
2. We will make finals as we are good enough with the kids and squaddies.
3. The kids are coming on nicely, we can play them into form and get them a higher profile this year and sell them on for big profit next year.
4. Matmour leaving frees up some cash, I’ll pocket that and not replace him because of the points noted above.

So, I can’t see why i should stump up cash for new players.

Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm

3. The kids are coming on nicely, we can play them into form and get them a higher profile this year and sell them on for big profit next year.
4. Matmour leaving frees up some cash, I’ll pocket that and not replace him because of the points noted above.

Am I wrong?

Fair points but we really should be aiming for third to qualify for the ACL and do some damage in finals. To do that we need a 10 and possibly an injury replacement for Baba.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Am I wrong?

How exactly would profits from the club end up in Greg Griffins pocket?

Sure our owners may be tight but there is absolutely no indication of them taking club money for personal profit, apart from it being potentially illegal.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Am I wrong?

Sure our owners may be tight but there is absolutely no indication of them taking club money for personal profit, apart from it being potentially illegal.
Plus the fact we need to pay a minimum cap spend.

There are reasons why we wouldn't go and get an import replacement, that is not one of them.
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Am I wrong?

There are reasons why we wouldn't go and get an import replacement, that is not one of them.
What are the reasons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Am I wrong?

What are the reasons?

I didn't say they were good reasons !!!!!

1. There is no cash
2. There's no one we want to sign
3. No one wants to come here

Or, and this is the one that makes MOST sense.

We've given away the year and we want to focus on the youth, plus we could be lining up a big deal for Elsey.

None of these reasons are good enough, but they are plausible
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:00 am

Days left until the window closes for the A-League, and only a short while after that before free agents are all we can sign.

If we genuinely sign nobody, or the signing makes no impact until late in the season, then unfortunately Kovacevic will need his position reviewed.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 am

Days left until the window closes for the A-League, and only a short while after that before free agents are all we can sign.

If we genuinely sign nobody, or the signing makes no impact until late in the season, then unfortunately Kovacevic will need his position reviewed.
Free agents are all anyone in the A-League signs. Our transfer window extends beyond Jan 31st iirc.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Free agents are all anyone in the A-League signs. Our transfer window extends beyond Jan 31st iirc.
Of course, but it becomes instantly harder when the window shuts.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Am I wrong?

What are the reasons?

I didn't say they were good reasons !!!!!

1. There is no cash
2. There's no one we want to sign
3. No one wants to come here

Or, and this is the one that makes MOST sense.

We've given away the year and we want to focus on the youth, plus we could be lining up a big deal for Elsey.

None of these reasons are good enough, but they are plausible
I reckon my reasons pretty much add up to the same answer as your last reason, so that could be it.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”