Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am

It was our most complete performance of the season and strangely, it was our youngest and least experienced side that we have put on the park for 17-18. Isaias is the best DM in the country and he must replace the wildly overrated Milligan in the national side. (The only reason that I can think of for Milligan still being in the NT is that him and Ange P. are good mates).

For last night though, there wasn't a single passenger in the team and Baba could have had a brace by halftime. I think that we should stick with him; he gives us an aerial presence that none of the others seem to be able to match. Johan will be the best forward in the competition once he is fully match fit; it's such a shame that he has missed 2 months already, because otherwise he would be a strong contender for the Golden Boot. Mileusnic has really settled into his role and is a genuine threat on the right wing. Kitto had a relatively quiet game, but I suspect that that is because the other teams have woken up to him and are marking him much more closely now. Adlung looked like he was scything through Perth's alleged midfield at will, until his back strain. Everyone put in though.

If there is such a position as "wing striker", then we potentially have four genuine strikers on the pitch at once - Johan and Baba in the middle and Mileusnic and Kitto on the wings. It's a fascinating prospect for the rest of the season.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:33 pm

I think its interesting how the final score changes our perceptions on individuals performances.

Last week we totally dominated but we were undone by two minor errors.

This week we took a back seat through some periods of the game and had more errors in defence but glory did not capitalise.

We created more opportunities last week but could not capitalise, this week we created less but put the ball in the net.

Last week blackwood got himself in some good positions and almost scored a few times with limited service, This week Baba did similar.

I guess its just an observation on the pendulum of public perception.

The take home for me is our strikers are more than good enough, we lack a creative 10 and this week vs last week is an example of when the football gods are on your your side vs not.

I hope we can keep this group together next season as i think kurz is building a solid base and the local guys will only get better
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:35 pm

I agree with that except they were a bit more than minor errors.

Last night was the perfect away performance
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Not sure it was anywhere near perfect.

It is interesting how football works. Brisbane played 100 times better in the first half last night than they did against us but were 4 goals worse off at half time.

Baba was better than Blackwood in general play and he is better in the air than Blackwood.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 pm

It is interesting how football works. Brisbane played 100 times better in the first half last night than they did against us but were 4 goals worse off at half time.

Baba was better than Blackwood in general play and he is better in the air than Blackwood.
As he should be given his age , experience and leagues he has played in.

Blackwood is a big talent who needs time, He would potentially be a key player in the 2022 world cup as big mobile cf’s are quite rare in this country and i see no reason he couldnt rise to the level of Janko.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 pm

As he should be given his age , experience and leagues he has played in.

Blackwood is a big talent who needs time, He would potentially be a key player in the 2022 world cup as big mobile cf’s are quite rare in this country and i see no reason he couldnt rise to the level of Janko.
He needs time but we cannot afford to give him the time he needs if we are going to win anything this season. He would be excellent in a 2nd division and could dominate that for a year or two and then be ready for the A-league and beyond.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Maybe we could just give him better service before we dispell his to the NPL.

With those set pieces last night from isaias i would say both baba and blackwoods star will rise.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 pm

We took our chances and offered Perth almost nothing, it's as good an away performance as it gets
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

We took our chances and offered Perth almost nothing, it's as good an away performance as it gets
That is not what perfect means, I can not believe you think they are same thing. :? :? :? :?
I am Scott
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Are you being deliberately obtuse ??
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Perhaps learn to use word to mean what they mean.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm

You guys are more or less saying the same thing, at this point its just splitting hairs.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:30 pm

i have learnt one thing....just dont give an opinion around here and everything is fine. Hence why i see so few contributors to the match day thread this time around.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:23 am

3 points away.
3 goals
Clean sheet.

If Reds4Life believes that the away win against Perth was perfect then for him it's perfect.

Have a good weekend.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 am

3 points away.
3 goals
Clean sheet.

If Reds4Life believes that the away win against Perth was perfect then for him it's perfect.

Have a good weekend.

B)
3 shots on target for 3 goals too. I was far more impressed but the lack of opportunity we gave them. Yes Sydney destroyed them and Kenny Lowe is a Muppet but we were very inexperienced and put in an amazing shift.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”