Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Ghost Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am

Perhaps learn to use word to mean what they mean.
3 points away.
3 goals
Clean sheet.

If Reds4Life believes that the away win against Perth was perfect then for him it's perfect.

Have a good weekend.

B)
Yeah, truth is subjective, facts don't matter, what ever we believe to be true is true, we all can have alternative truth and it is all equally valid.
I am Scott
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 pm

More like there is no such thing as 'perfection' when you're talking about football, so people just use the word as an exaggerated shorthand denoting that something is very impressive.

If you're talking about facts and truth when it comes to opinions about football you're barking up the wrong tree ...
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Ghosty people are here to discuss football and not to discuss semantics of what ever word you take issue with.

Most people are agreeing with your round up of the match, but then you have gone and isolated yourself by telling people they are wrong due to their use of a word.

I think people are all for discussing and debating their views but your taking it to a whole new level.

Even if you are right in what your saying is it really worth debating?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Ghosty people are here to discuss football and not to discuss semantics of what ever word you take issue with.

Most people are agreeing with your round up of the match, but then you have gone and isolated yourself by telling people they are wrong due to their use of a word.

I think people are all for discussing and debating their views but your taking it to a whole new level.

Even if you are right in what your saying is it really worth debating?
I find my enjoyment of the forum ruined because posters, including you, misuse words.

Last week I said something negative about Blackwood's play and all of a sudden I apparently hate him.

This week I make a very mild comment disagreeing with the use of the word perfect and I got jumped all over so of course I am going to explain my reasoning. If that is not allowed just permanently ban me. I have done enough wrong previously that I deserve it and while it would be disappointing I would not complain if I was permanently banned.
Last edited by Ghost on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Im glad you enjoy the forum, i hope others can get past the rhetoric and enjoy it also.

Oh and for the record i never said you hated anyone, i said “i dont undersand all the blackwood hate” which was spoken in general terms about peoples view on blackwoods development.

Lighten up
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Im glad you enjoy the forum, i hope others can get past the rhetoric and enjoy it also.
sorry, I missed out a word in my previous post, I have now added it.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:45 pm

The irony
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:09 pm

i have learnt one thing....just dont give an opinion around here and everything is fine. Hence why i see so few contributors to the match day thread this time around.
Just curious, what exactly do you want to happen in a thread? If someone gives an opinion what should happen?
Only responses if they agree? Or can someone disagree and give reasons why?

I see some pretty petty and pedantic rebuffs to peoples opinions sometimes but personally I would just ignore them. Particularly because those same people at other times post things that are of value.

We're a forum that caters to Adelaide United supporters so I don't think we have a hugely diverse set of opinions here however there is still plenty of things that I agree and disagree with and I personally value everyone here who contributes to the forum.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:49 pm

Most people on here are fine - post their opinions and disagree with others sensibly, and when someone responds to their disagreement they can accept it - and then there's Ghost.

I've got one good thing to say about Ghost - he keeps the number of posts on here ticking over. 👍
supsup

Postby supsup Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm

That kind of singling out is bullshit^
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 pm

List of words not to be used so far:

1 - Christmas
2 - Perfect

No biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 pm

i have learnt one thing....just dont give an opinion around here and everything is fine. Hence why i see so few contributors to the match day thread this time around.
Just curious, what exactly do you want to happen in a thread? If someone gives an opinion what should happen?
Only responses if they agree? Or can someone disagree and give reasons why?

I see some pretty petty and pedantic rebuffs to peoples opinions sometimes but personally I would just ignore them. Particularly because those same people at other times post things that are of value.

We're a forum that caters to Adelaide United supporters so I don't think we have a hugely diverse set of opinions here however there is still plenty of things that I agree and disagree with and I personally value everyone here who contributes to the forum.
I encourage different opinions and good debate as to justify a view. What i despise is being personally attacked for a view. I made big calls last year on bruce and ended up eating my words and enjoyed being called out on it because i can happily accept being wrong....as i often am. This year instead of debate its attacks that turn personal. Hardly any of us have a clue about each other.
I have peeked at other forums and have to say i would never waste my time with any forum but this one as it seems the most level headed. But Its not perfect.
I will just refrain from views that lean towards a negative view as that seems to be a big trigger for meltdowns. Luckily it was a decent game.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi all. Agree that this has historically being a sensational football forum. Feel like it has gone a little off track in the last few weeks. Great win by the boys all things considered, and it’s amazing what a score line can do to your psyche about a match. Feel like we are well in the red with the football karma gods - If we continue to play the way we have all season, but with luck on our side (we are well and truly due some), we are vying for some silverware this year.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi all. Agree that this has historically being a sensational football forum. Feel like it has gone a little off track in the last few weeks. Great win by the boys all things considered, and it’s amazing what a score line can do to your psyche about a match. Feel like we are well in the red with the football karma gods - If we continue to play the way we have all season, but with luck on our side (we are well and truly due some), we are vying for some silverware this year.
In my opinion we are the 2nd best team after Sydney, and we showed in the cup final that we can certainly match them. The upcoming match against them will be a real benchmark.

We lost some other matches against other contenders due to bad luck or shitty officiating.

We are a serious chance this year, and that’s without a 10 or top striker, and a bunch of kids.

Long way to go, but gotta be happy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

If Absolonsen and Baba can stay fit I think we can beat anyone (Sydney excepted - but with a bit of luck we'd have a chance).

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”