How are we going to score goals?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: How are we going to score goals?

Postby The Claw Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:53 pm

McGree is the best of the lot, scores goals and can make a final pass. Konsta bar his pass for the goal was woeful last week and looks too raw at this stage. O'Doherty looks pretty good at times whilst Mauk looks off the pace but still a goal scoring threat. McGree is the best of the lot.

My point was that considering our disconnect between mids and forwards and that matmour had gone and that our midfield stocks were thin, one of them would be better than what we have ATM.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Agree

Mcgree was the clear option, the board likely had other priorities at the time. ( even finkler would have been great)

I think mauk would be much better served playing in adlungs role( but not as effective) and konsta would be behind them both in the pecking order.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Adlung’s role is the one that really frustrates me. Clearly he’s a technically very good footballer, but the vast majority of the time he is way too deep and static to really have any impact. His lack of movement most of the time is a killer.

In those kind of positions there’s way too much distance between where he is picking up the ball and our front three, which makes it impossible to combine with them. Often leaves him either just passing it back and forth with isa or shuffling it off to garuccio. Too often the game goes by without him impacting it.

What I want more of is to see him picking up the ball in between the lines like he did to set up blackwoods equaliser against the mariners a few weeks back. He’s clearly has quality to create things, but just never gets it in a position to really be dangerous.

To me when those kind of problems continue week on week, it suggests the issue is with the instructions of the coach rather than the players themselves. But maybe I’m crazy :?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 pm

I wouldnt so much say the fault of the coach, more so the coach making the most of what he has.

To me adlung would be the best box to box mid we have had over jeggo and mauk (although we play differently now ) his hard work would compliment a true 10 but with the loss of matmour things had to change.

Do we have adlung for next season? I think he us more than worth keeping.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: How are we going to score goals?

Postby bpowell454 Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:14 pm

I wouldnt so much say the fault of the coach, more so the coach making the most of what he has.

To me adlung would be the best box to box mid we have had over jeggo and mauk (although we play differently now ) his hard work would compliment a true 10 but with the loss of matmour things had to change.

Do we have adlung for next season? I think he us more than worth keeping.
Yes Adlung is contracted next season I'm pretty sure, so is Baba

Dzengis and Absolonsen are not.

tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm

I have that feeling that Cavusevic is going to score a hatful.
However, he's only signed til the end of this year, so need to lock him down before Victree, or some other moneybags team sign him.
Absolonsson's another one, but it'll be much more difficult to lock him in as his wife probably wants to resume her career in Denmark.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 pm

We would need to make sure baba is willing to leave a year on his cintract before signing cavusavic.

Cavusavic certainly looks the goods but i think it would be prudent to give him a few more games

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”