Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 pm

That game was so frustrating. Giving up two stupid goals from ridiculous mistakes was painful. Our inability to put in a decent cross is costing us week after week. Blackwood just hasn't got the smarts yet in most of the key moments.

However, AUFC are my team and I will support the club with my last breath.

Oh, one last thing ... I hope "Reds" gets hit by a bus, so we might get a better supporter posting on here. No offence or anything, it's just my opinion. 😄
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:47 am

I commend Sevengoals for his voice of reason as I know he is bubbling inside with the rest of us.

The reason we bubble is due to expectations that are not unreasonable. We can play football.

SA produces great players; always has (must be the god awful water).

So let's look forward to the next bunch of nellies this league throws at us and take them down imports, ring-ins, mercenaries and all.

We are, after all, South Australians.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 am

This might be an unpopular opinion. But I think Adelaide look far worse when attempting to maintain possession, than when endlessly launching speculative shots/attacks with a comically low success rate.

The team can certainly pass the ball around in a manner that prevents the other team getting it. But Kurz seems to only view this tactic as a means to run down the clock and protect a rare pre-existing lead and/or allow the players to preserve stamina. And not as a way to create goal scoring opportunities.

Edit: Also the second half shows that it was a mistake not to immediately return Marrone to the starting lineup, despite Strain's strong showing.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:06 am

Marr one did well when he came on, but by then we were camped in their half, so he had the freedom to play as a wing back (or even an out and out winger). Sadly, Marrone's crossing was no better than anyone else's.

By the way, if I don't get a ban for my comment above then the moderation of this forum is a joke. Not banning "Reds" for their disgusting comment has set the bar so low.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:20 am

Oh otto62. Get some more bubble wrap mate. If we ban people for that then every comment against muscat Arnold and opposition players is off limits. Then we have no discussion/debate and everyone is open to be ‘triggered’. People will say sensational things in life.

Happy to cop a ban if the mods want it but it’s a slippery slope if that’s the bar.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 am

And no offense taken otto62 by your comment. I worry about what I do and think in life. Not what others. If you let others get at you it shows your self worth is too low bud.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:09 am

Gee this match day got a bit out of hand didn't it !!

I'm fine with us making errors, just we tend to make huge ones. For all the good Jordan Elsey does, he has a habit of putting us in dangerous situations with brain farts. Isa does too
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 am

I'm fine with us making errors, just we tend to make huge ones. For all the good Jordan Elsey does, he has a habit of putting us in dangerous situations with brain farts. Isa does too
Elsey??

The errors were made by Isaias and Konstandopoulos. Both failed to control balls that they should have been able to control. Elsey did nothing wrong.
I am Scott
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Elsey??

The errors were made by Isaias and Konstandopoulos. Both failed to control balls that they should have been able to control. Elsey did nothing wrong.
He underhit the first and overhit the 2nd. Young Jordan appears to be immune to criticism but he has cost us goals by being too cute.

I'm not saying the other 2 didn't do anything wrong either btw. Isa is a big culprit as is Izzo but they save us more often than not
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Elsey??

He underhit the first and overhit the 2nd. Young Jordan appears to be immune to criticism but he has cost us goals by being too cute.

I'm not saying the other 2 didn't do anything wrong either btw. Isa is a big culprit as is Izzo but they save us more often than not
Nonsense, nothing wrong with either pass.
I am Scott
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Thoughts on Gulum? Carded after a couple of minutes. Low energy throughout. Poor passing completion. Looked disinterested? This guy is supposed to be an experienced leader. Admittedly the mistakes for the goals came from the mids but the CBs were not there to clean up. Was wildly unimpressed by him yesterday. I can cope with the farcical attempts of our front three, who are all still learning, but the experienced boys need to show the way.

Agree that Marrone should have been back the minute we could have had him. One of the best players and most energetic in the team. Strain is a bloody awesome find but throwing him into CAM just showed how hard it is to play that position. He disappeared. We need a decent CAM and a fit striker. Blackwood may be great in a year or two but not now. Baba is unfit.

Still, a win Tuesday. A loss (comical loss) last night. We're about where we should be. If we had one or two experienced and clinical forwards we'd be in the top four all season. But we don't.

As for the handbags on this thread....... :o :box: :blah: :shock:
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Elsey??

He's the common denominator in a lot of our calamities, he's a great young player but the 2nd goal in particular was his doing..... even if it was a borderline foul
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 pm

As for Gulum, I was very disappointed with him yesterday. You wonder whether he is getting frustrated by not just our performances but also the league as a whole.

First time I have noticed it so I'll cut some slack
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Gulum was definitely below his usual standard, but is just coming back from injury.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Elsey??

He's the common denominator in a lot of our calamities, he's a great young player but the 2nd goal in particular was his doing..... even if it was a borderline foul
I don't see it at all.
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”